Elliott and C.Smith make Indigenous Allstars whilst CHN makes NZ Maori Allstars

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
i have a feeling Chris Smith will absolutely Kill it, make a big name for himself and make it almost impossible for Pay to keep him out of the 17 to start year.
He’s going to have to kill it because who do you leave out to fit him in?

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do I edit the topic ? Elliott and whilst are spelt wrong...autocorrect

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no idea how Katoni Staggs made it ahead of Remis Smith. Mind boggling

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
When is this game?
star-studded Indigenous side against the New Zealand Maori in the season opener at AAMI Park on February 15.

The All Stars concept has been revamped after a one-year break following the Rugby League World Cup. The Maori team replaces the World All Stars, giving the event a fresh flavour in a new location. South Sydney centre Dane Gagai was eligible for both teams and chose the Maori.

The match will give Newcastle fans a chance to see how wonder kid Kalyn Ponga handles the shift into the halves after coach Nathan Brown indicated he will make the move from fullback to five-eighth. Ponga’s teammates include halves partner Jarome Hughes, fellow youngsters Brandon Smith and Esarn Marsters, and veterans Adam Blair, Peta Hiku and James Tamou.

Indigenous All Stars: Ben Barba (Cowboys), Blake Ferguson (Eels), Latrell Mitchell (Roosters), James Roberts (Broncos), Josh Addo-Carr (Storm), Cody Walker (Rabbitohs), Tyrone Roberts (Titans), Andrew Fifita (Sharks), Nathan Peats (Titans), Ryan James (Titans), David Fifita (Broncos), Adam Elliott (Bulldogs), Tyrone Peachey (Titans). Reserves: Will Chambers (Storm), Leilani Latu (Titans), Chris Smith (Bulldogs), Alex Johnston (Rabbitohs), Jesse Ramien (Knights), Tyrell Fuimaono (Panthers), Kotoni Staggs (Broncos).

Maori All Stars: Peta Hiku (Warriors), Dane Gagai (Rabbitohs), Esan Marsters (Tigers), Dean Whare (Panthers), Jordan Kahu (Broncos), Kalyn Ponga (Knights), Jahrome Hughes (Storm), Jesse Bromwich (Storm), Brandon Smith (Storm), Jordan McLean (Cowboys), Kevin Proctor (Titans), Tohu Harris (Warriors), Adam Blair (Warriors). Reserves: Danny Levi (Knights), Brad Takairangi (Eels), James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), James Tamou (Panthers), Gerard Beale (Warriors), Corey Harawira-Naera (Bulldogs), Joseph Tapine (Raiders).

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
A nothing game that puts players at risk of injury

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
A nothing game that puts players at risk of injury
Yeah I don't understand why a high intensity game would be played before trials, in fact trials are more important. I guess it's just a Greenburg money grab.

While I'm interested in getting an early look at our players I'll have my fingers crossed no injuries arise.

Last edited:

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
i have a feeling Chris Smith will absolutely Kill it, make a big name for himself and make it almost impossible for Pay to keep him out of the 17 to start year.
I am a Chris Smith fan. I think if Pay is fair dinkum, Smith will end up taking Elliots spot in the 17. Elliot tries hard but i still dont think he has any effect or impact.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Try telling someone with an indigenous or Maori background it's a worthless game!! To me this is a way more important match up then Vs the Allstars. It not only recognises the role they play in the game, but also gives them another rep round where they can make some extra coin and add to their C.V.
The players are now stakeholders in the game as per their bargaining agreement, so this is a way they can help promote the game in a good light.
Fuck it, if nothing else it's a quality game of footy in two weeks time, at least be happy about that.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try telling someone with an indigenous or Maori background it's a worthless game!! To me this is a way more important match up then Vs the Allstars. It not only recognises the role they play in the game, but also gives them another rep round where they can make some extra coin and add to their C.V.
The players are now stakeholders in the game as per their bargaining agreement, so this is a way they can help promote the game in a good light.
Fuck it, if nothing else it's a quality game of footy in two weeks time, at least be happy about that.
The game is a risk as is any pre-season mini tournament (Ie. Auckland Nines), rep match or World Club Challenge but as pointed out, it is beneficial to these communities and players.
The players would not take part if they didn't feel physically prepared and also if it wasn't important to them.
As much of a douche Greenturd is, we have to admit that some good light is needed to be shone on the game at the moment.

Well how can we squeeze Lichaa into this game?!
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry my white privilege got the better of me:|

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every rep game a player plays seems to improve them in club land. Builds confidence and hunger. Good luck to the doggie boys. Rip in !

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Every rep game a player plays seems to improve them in club land. Builds confidence and hunger. Good luck to the doggie boys. Rip in !
Yeah have to agree with you.. our Dogs are a young team and for me this experience for them can only be positive. Injuries aside which is the only negative they get the opportunity to play with
some good players which hopefully helps them through the season.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah in need off some footie now

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Will be a good watch, weather you think it’s worth it or not I’m sure it means something to both of them so congratulations.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
last year i said that all the penalty goals taken was to cash in on the soccer world cup and it would end this season,so lets see