Elliot turns down money for love of dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really hope he proves me wrong and makes me eat humble pie .. I just don't see much more than an a slightly sub-par first grader..

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Did other clubs actually offer him a contract or is it total BS.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If I was rating Elliott he'd be a solid 5/10.

Some games you think "wow this bloke is an 8/10 and could really go onto something special".
Other games you think "fuck me 3/10 is generous".

His greatest issue is discipline and inconsistency...... He's like an inconsistent Krisnan Inu... and that's saying alot.

Then again we have a few players like that (Fualalo, Tualau, Ogden, Eastwood).

Players that in 5 games will put in:
- 2 Shit performances
- 1 Brilliant performance.
- 1 Above Average performance.
- 1 Below Average performance.

and that's not good enough for todays game.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really??? A few nice words from Elliott towards our club and we are supposed to melt and forget his shitness??? Adam I say if any other club offers you a contract take it buddy. We'll do just fine without your 3 meter hit ups and your off the cuff idiotic interviews. The perception is that your not on much dollar wise but a buck is a buck.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he is shite but if he is on low coin then I am ok if he stays because not everyone can be a superstar.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Really??? A few nice words from Elliott towards our club and we are supposed to melt and forget his shitness??? Adam I say if any other club offers you a contract take it buddy. We'll do just fine without your 3 meter hit ups and your off the cuff idiotic interviews. The perception is that your not on much dollar wise but a buck is a buck.
If he really loved the club he would leave it lol

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know from a reliable source that last year Parra offered him a very attractive deal. It was considerably more then the dogs initial offer. He wanted to stay so the dogs pretty much matched the deal and paid ‘overs’ to keep him. Another example of poor management.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If I was rating Elliott he'd be a solid 5/10.

Some games you think "wow this bloke is an 8/10 and could really go onto something special".
Other games you think "fuck me 3/10 is generous".

His greatest issue is discipline and inconsistency...... He's like an inconsistent Krisnan Inu... and that's saying alot.

Then again we have a few players like that (Fualalo, Tualau, Ogden, Eastwood).

Players that in 5 games will put in:
- 2 Shit performances
- 1 Brilliant performance.
- 1 Above Average performance.
- 1 Below Average performance.

and that's not good enough for todays game.
Definitely agreed there Mr I. He's about as consistent as fast food, sometimes awesome but others makes you want to chunder.
But, there's just something about him that typifies what we stand for, someone who bleeds blue n white and will do whatever it takes to win, even if they have dolphin flippers for hands in the process

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People need to give him a break! Obviously other coaches think he has potential so Pay just has to get it out of him.

Elliot has only played under Hasler and we all know that Hasler was not one to improve the skills of players, in fact completely the opposite.
Evidence of this are players that have moved on from the club now playing under different coaches and have excelled ie, Finucane & Cook.

Elliot has not had this up until this year with Pay so he will need time to develop into a top nrl player. Whether he does or not we will have to wait and see but I'm prepared to be patient with him as he does show glimpses of a decent player so rather than judge him so early in his career only coached under Hasler and an inept coaching structure, let's give him a bit of time and maybe judge him in a year or two.

At least the loyalty he has should tell you he wants to play for the club. It's what everyone has been asking for of the players and coaches. Now people see his loyalty and passion and they still aren't happy. FMD!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
People need to give him a break! Obviously other coaches think he has potential so Pay just has to get it out of him.

Elliot has only played under Hasler and we all know that Hasler was not one to improve the skills of players, in fact completely the opposite.
Evidence of this are players that have moved on from the club now playing under different coaches and have excelled ie, Finucane & Cook.

Elliot has not had this up until this year with Pay so he will need time to develop into a top nrl player. Whether he does or not we will have to wait and see but I'm prepared to be patient with him as he does show glimpses of a decent player so rather than judge him so early in his career only coached under Hasler and an inept coaching structure, let's give him a bit of time and maybe judge him in a year or two.

At least the loyalty he has should tell you he wants to play for the club. It's what everyone has been asking for of the players and coaches. Now people see his loyalty and passion and they still aren't happy. FMD!!
So where do you play him? Are you happy for him to eat into Jackson's minutes at lock or play in the frontrow? Do you play him on the edge over Martin or RFM? I'm just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.