Electrical transformers in front yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We are looking for a new rental and one of the places we inspected has one of those large van sized green electrical transformer boxes in the front yard.

Trying to figure out if it's worth the risk or not.
Are they a risk to humans or dogs (cancer/emf/etc??)

• Health concerns?
  • Whining/squealing from transformers?
  • Power fluctuations?
  • Constant electrical workers in our front yard?

I'm not worried visually as there are plants hiding it, but don't want to move in only to realise we have problems. Previous tenant was only in there a month and apparently relocated interstate (or perhaps something with the box and that's the reason being given.

I have very sensitive ears, so any whining/high pitch noises will drive me insane.

@Bad Billy @Hacky McAxe @Zee ... and anyone else smart enough to know this stuff?

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would avoid the place.

Don't that make a noise 24/7.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I avoid the ***** because they are ugly lol

BUT my Professors told me to avoid them when I had my defibrillator implanted, so there must be something they do.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They hum a bit, sometimes.
They rarely need maintenance intervention, so you won't have to worry about tradies in your yard.
Your pets will be fine.
If anything, you will have more consistent power supply.

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought we were talking about actual transformers haha

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
my golden rule of thumb with any thing big and electrical is to take my radio towards it, if it starts to produce distorted sound , i know it is not a good shit to live around.

but if your usual place of residence is further away from the range that no radio signal gets distorted, then i wont mind.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
my golden rule of thumb with any thing big and electrical is to take my radio towards it, if it starts to produce distorted sound , i know it is not a good shit to live around.

but if your usual place of residence is further away from the range that no radio signal gets distorted, then i wont mind.
This **** should of had his radio on

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
how the fuck did he even survive let alone walk out of it.

PS. now i know how Michael Jackson turned white.
2 different clips no prick would survive that. And if the did there would be broken bones busting out of skin and stuff

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
They hum a bit, sometimes.
They rarely need maintenance intervention, so you won't have to worry about tradies in your yard.
Your pets will be fine.
If anything, you will have more consistent power supply.
What Billy said. You may get some interference as well but it's not likely to be bug enough to affect anything passed 2m outside the box.

No cancer risk or anything like that and the low level hum should only really get you if you're in the front room with thin walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.