EGM

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who here is a voting member and would support an EGM... or would you prefer to wait until next election early 2022?..

So far the info I have is that the current board & previous board do not get along at all.. That has not changed..

1 current board member does get along with members of the previous board..

Not all members of the previous board are interested in running again for various reasons mainly related to their private life..

A new board will want Dr George Peponis on it.. I think it reflects poorly on the current board the bad blood they have with Peponis..

TKs favourite chairman Ray Dib will not be part of a rebel ticket..

This is what i was told today..

A final decision for a push for a EGM has not been made.. but an EGM could happen as they definately have at least 100 people ready to sign for one..

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who here is a voting member and would support an EGM... or would you prefer to wait until next election early 2022?..

So far the info I have is that the current board & previous board do not get along at all.. That has not changed..

1 current board member does get along with members of the previous board..

Not all members of the previous board are interested in running again for various reasons mainly related to their private life..

A new board will want Dr George Peponis on it.. I think it reflects poorly on the current board the bad blood they have with Peponis..

TKs favourite chairman Ray Dib will not be part of a rebel ticket..

This is what i was told today..

A final decision for a push for a EGM has not been made.. but an EGM could happen as they definately have at least 100 people ready to sign for one..
If Barrett happens Im in

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the rival ticket is genuinely impressive and I believe can make a difference then I’m all for a EGM and that’s the only way I’d support one.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Yeah I'm a voting member and no I won't be supporting a rebel ticket just for the sack of it and I certainly won't support anyone from the previous board.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
As as dibs not there I'm all for it.. things are declining in the club rapidly..

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why the hell is there reports of Chris Anderson talking to possible coaches for the Bulldogs? Is this his role?

We, at Canterbury, just never learn do we - we have Chris Anderson, making the big (likely true) decisions for us. Not only does that strike me with ‘self-interest’ but it circulates a level of incompetence and precedence for poor decision making.

Give me a break. He should be nowhere near the operations of the business. Why are we so stuck in the 80’s?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why the hell is there reports of Chris Anderson talking to possible coaches for the Bulldogs? Is this his role?

We, at Canterbury, just never learn do we - we have Chris Anderson, making the big (likely true) decisions for us. Not only does that strike me with ‘self-interest’ but it circulates a level of incompetence and precedence for poor decision making.

Give me a break. He should be nowhere near the operations of the business. Why are we so stuck in the 80’s?
He has no role but he's always there. Just fuck off.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I joined last year so will only be able to vote next year.

If the vote comes next year (when I'm able to vote) unless there's drastic improvement, there's no chance in hell I'm voting for this board.

Its been a fucking shambles.

I want answers about the salary cap mess and how it was cleaned up

I want answers about our support staff and have we genuinely investigated strength and conditioning coaches

I want answers as to why the fuck we gave pay a 12 month extension and did not sound out hoolbrook

I want answers about our fucking recruitment strategy in regards to chricton, cogger, britt, stimson, Holland (re signing), napa, Sue and the colossal fuck up over api korosau

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am able to vote and would vote for a rival ticket if they were half decent.

Alot will hinge on who they now appoint as coach.

I really believe this board is stuck in the 90's, Chris Anderson is pulling too many strings and they're out of their depth.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am able to vote and would vote for a rival ticket if they were half decent.

Alot will hinge on who they now appoint as coach.

I really believe this board is stuck in the 90's, Chris Anderson is pulling too many strings and they're out of their depth.
Bump bump..

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the rival ticket is genuinely impressive and I believe can make a difference then I’m all for a EGM and that’s the only way I’d support one.
Agreed. The last few days has suggested to me we still need change.

A

Alexander the Great

From what I have heard it's not..... we are in for some seriously painful years ahead

Subwoofer

Waterboy
Reaction score
It has been a bloody tough year for the doggies It is definitely up there with 2008 with plenty of games yet to play. I have been a ticketed member of the club for about 15 years now, it hurts me to see the club in this crisis. For this reason I’m thinking about becoming a voting member of the footy club and was just wondering where can I find the required paper work and would any members be able to sign it for me? Cheers go the doggies

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What’s the situation with the hughes, Mortimers and Moore’s? Bad blood there?

Aren’t the Hughes and Moore’s related somehow?

Anyways if there ever is a change in board I hope the ones that take power have some commercial contacts or partnerships, because it’s embarrassing for a club like the dogs not even having a jersey sponsor. The andersons had 1 lined up that bailed and 9 months on we still have no partner. Not only is that not good for cashflow but makes a shit team look worse.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What’s the situation with the hughes, Mortimers and Moore’s? Bad blood there?

Aren’t the Hughes and Moore’s related somehow?

Anyways if there ever is a change in board I hope the ones that take power have some commercial contacts or partnerships, because it’s embarrassing for a club like the dogs not even having a jersey sponsor. The andersons had 1 lined up that bailed and 9 months on we still have no partner. Not only is that not good for cashflow but makes a shit team look worse.
In regards to sponsorship, there's no surprise that it's difficult to find one when Covid 19 has meant that unemployment levels are at a record level.

Right now things seem to be taking a turn for the better. New coach coming in, some good players incoming. I'd feel like any new board that steps in now has sat out the hard times and only agitated to get involved when they have an advantageous situation to work with. So I'd prefer to give the current board until the next scheduled election to judge.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Mate if it’s true things are going to get ugly FAST.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m a voting member and would definitely be in - providing there is another quality ticket with forcing a vote. for. There’s no point in forcing a meeting if there isn’t anyone (decent) to step up to the current board

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
If the current board recruits a new coach, overhauls the assistants, development regime and conditioning team, gets a bunch of sponsors onboard, gets a good football manager (what is grant mayer doing these days) bolsters our key positions which have been lacking for a good part of a decade (hooker, halfback and fullback) then that would bury any rival ticket. If they are going to sit on their hands then sooner or later, bullfrog relation card or otherwise, they’ll be gone.