EGM NOW PLEASE!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’d have Anter Issac, Dr George and possibly Farrar and Coorey back on a board with some of the current board like John Khoury. I’d also like to see some fresh blood with genuine corporate connections to the big end of town. It’s probably a pipe dream as there’s so many hurdles to get over for this to become a reality.

If Anderson can’t get this fixed before the next election she can’t stay and I think Dib forfeited his right to come back with the state he left the club in back in 2018. It shouldn’t be a Dib v Anderson thing it’s just finding the best people for the clubs sake.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This wasn’t meant to be a pro Dib thread, just an anti Anderson Hill Pay thread as they give me no faith in their performance. We have regressed bad. We are coming last no sponsorship no ability to recruit no TPA ability etc it’s a failed experiment and we need a change.
Yeah it's pretty depressing. Unfortunately we don't have much choice but to ride it out for another year and see whether they can turn it around.

If they waste the cap space then it will make it harder for the next regime to clean up their mess and we'll need another three years to rebuild after the rebuild. That's my biggest concern.

Changes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don’t forget the most colossal mistake: Castle. All good mate, it’s a democracy...
As bad as Castle was atleast we seen some direction and admin side was firing. She was however unsuccessful in her role I agree, as anything other than a premiership as CEO is a fail. Hill is absolutely useless, I doubt any other sporting team or franchise would hire this useless clown once he is punted. We all want the best for the club at the end of the day and it’s very sad what we have become.

Changes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’d have Anter Issac, Dr George and possibly Farrar and Coorey back on a board with some of the current board like John Khoury. I’d also like to see some fresh blood with genuine corporate connections to the big end of town. It’s probably a pipe dream as there’s so many hurdles to get over for this to become a reality.

If Anderson can’t get this fixed before the next election she can’t stay and I think Dib forfeited his right to come back with the state he left the club in back in 2018. It shouldn’t be a Dib v Anderson thing it’s just finding the best people for the clubs sake.
Totally agree this doesn’t have to be a Ray or Anderson thing. I do however also want some previous board involved for experience and also with some fresh blood that have real business power out there unlike some off the clowns we currently have on the board.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Andrew Farrar
Anne Sinclair
Anter Isaac
Anthony Elias
Arthur Coorey
Peter McMahon
Ray Dib
Dr George Peponis

Anyone form a ticket please and call an EGM ASAP!
You might crack 100 votes if you get rid of Dib

Changes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You might crack 100 votes if you get rid of Dib
I wish I was a voting member but unfortunately I’m not, never got around too it. Like I’ve said it doesn’t have too have Dib, but I would prefer some of the old board involved in a new look board.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember when we used to laugh at Parra, Manly and the Tigers etc for their politics and board member power struggles? Well we're in the exact same situation years later and still no closer to finding a solution.

Dib clearly isn't the answer as he got us into this mess. I have grave doubts about the Andersons after three years of "rebuilding" now requiring another two years according to Lynne..

I don't know who the right people would be but whatever the case, I just want the circus to leave town and us to be able to focus on some on field improvements for once.
I don’t ‘admire’ any other clubs like certain chair people but despite all the shit and limited resources and shit they’ve gone through Manly always seem to perform and have more tenacity and spirit in their pinky than this entire outfit at the moment. I never laughed at Manly but the rest of the league is certainly laughing at us.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Like I said Ray made many mistakes, Hill / Pay massive mistakes as bad as Hasler re signing and Cleal as recruitment yet I still would rather him than Anderson and Co. That’s just my opinion and you don’t have to agree

in saying that I don’t care for Ray to return, just a new board
There main difference being Ray and Rae spent salary money we didn’t have. We are still paying for it now

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wish I was a voting member but unfortunately I’m not, never got around too it. Like I’ve said it doesn’t have too have Dib, but I would prefer some of the old board involved in a new look board.
That’s fair enough mate. Apart from a few of his mates and family no one will vote for Dib again. He also promised after he lost he’d still be at every game etc supporting us. Has anyone seen him? I certainly haven’t and it hasn’t gone unnoticed with many

Changes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There main difference being Ray and Rae spent salary money we didn’t have. We are still paying for it now
Sorry I don’t agree with the fake news. I also have no optimism looking forward with the current board/ceo/coach. You may and that’s ok but I don’t.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah it's pretty depressing. Unfortunately we don't have much choice but to ride it out for another year and see whether they can turn it around.

If they waste the cap space then it will make it harder for the next regime to clean up their mess and we'll need another three years to rebuild after the rebuild. That's my biggest concern.
Been a total balls up for years unfortunately.

Grandstanders. Bad decisions. Bad judges of football talent. No nurturing of juniors. Unfettered control given to egomaniacs.

The club has suffered shocking damage and neglect.

This board whilst they can't work miracles in quickly undoing the damage, they have been inept in successfully signing the players needed and apparently left the coach to carry on with his inept ways as well.

We can only hope all of them can eventually get the job done during their tenure.

I can't see us approaching a sustained level of Top 4 for at least 4-6 years....there is that much work to do to regain our prestige.

Changes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That’s fair enough mate. Apart from a few of his mates and family no one will vote for Dib again. He also promised after he lost he’d still be at every game etc supporting us. Has anyone seen him? I certainly haven’t and it hasn’t gone unnoticed with many
Ray may have moved on and have no interest in coming back, I personally wouldn’t know. I do wish people that may know any of the old, too lobby them and form a ticket and call an EGM as we need a change now not later.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Totally agree this doesn’t have to be a Ray or Anderson thing. I do however also want some previous board involved for experience and also with some fresh blood that have real business power out there unlike some off the clowns we currently have on the board.
I think the current board should get a chance to work their way out of the current mess. I'm not confident they will but they deserve that chance and if they don't they deserve to be turfed out in 2022.

In saying that if a EGM was raised and I liked the ticket I would probably vote for that ticket but I'd cross that bridge when it came to it.

I was left pretty disheartened by this board when they replaced Farrar and Price with Joe Thomas and Peter Mortimer. It was a big opportunity to get some different minds on the board but they just went with the stock standard former player running a small to medium sized business.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever disagreed with every post anyone has made, but in this case I felt compelled as every single one of them warranted it.

There is a reason why you can't vote, why you haven't gotten around to it, your 14 posts spell it out for anyone who reads them.

Go Dogs

Changes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Been a total balls up for years unfortunately.

Grandstanders. Bad decisions. Bad judges of football talent. No nurturing of juniors. Unfettered control given to egomaniacs.

The club has suffered shocking damage and neglect.

This board whilst they can't work miracles in quickly undoing the damage, they have been inept in successfully signing the players needed and apparently left the coach to carry on with his inept ways as well.

We can only hope all of them can eventually get the job done during their tenure.

I can't see us approaching a sustained level of Top 4 for at least 4-6 years....there is that much work to do to regain our prestige.
It never made sense too me bringing in the lot that were voted in.
I think the current board should get a chance to work their way out of the current mess. I'm not confident they will but they deserve that chance and if they don't they deserve to be turfed out in 2022.

In saying that if a EGM was raised and I liked the ticket I would probably vote for that ticket but I'd cross that bridge when it came to it.

I was left pretty disheartened by this board when they replaced Farrar and Price with Joe Thomas and Peter Mortimer. It was a big opportunity to get some different minds on the board but they just went with the stock standard former player running a small to medium sized business.

Do you think the whole Pricey being punted from the board was pre arranged/agreed upon prior to his running for the board. I’ve always felt his intention is CEO of the bulldogs and him joining that Anderson ticket was a way of getting that role. I feel and it’s just my opinion that it’s all pre arranged. Again just my opinion, no facts.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sorry I don’t agree with the fake news. I also have no optimism looking forward with the current board/ceo/coach. You may and that’s ok but I don’t.
Fake news? Do you think we paid all of those players to play for other club just for shits and giggles?

Changes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever disagreed with every post anyone has made, but in this case I felt compelled as every single one of them warranted it.

There is a reason why you can't vote, why you haven't gotten around to it, your 14 posts spell it out for anyone who reads them.

Go Dogs
I don’t know wether to be flattered or alarmed that a grown adult has made the effort to reply to all my posts via an emoji. Either way feel free to keep on reading my posts and clicking the hate button. Very grown up.

Changes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fake news? Do you think we paid all of those players to play for other club just for shits and giggles?
No I do believe some of it just not all that was reported. I think TPA and Ray and co being punted had a lot more to do with it.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
No I do believe some of it just not all that was reported. I think TPA and Ray and co being punted had a lot more to do with it.
You know there were audits done and the NRL inspected everything too?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you think the whole Pricey being punted from the board was pre arranged/agreed upon prior to his running for the board. I’ve always felt his intention is CEO of the bulldogs and him joining that Anderson ticket was a way of getting that role. I feel and it’s just my opinion that it’s all pre arranged. Again just my opinion, no facts.
I'm not sure it's a bit of a strange one to see someone drop off the board back into a full time roll but maybe he just felt he was better suited to help in a full time role rather then the board.

Price was talking about wanting to become a CEO when he was still playing so he probably has his eyes on it. He has a long way to go before he can even think about becoming a CEO he's been in the football GM role for 5 mins and most of them have been spent in QLD.