News Eels target Bulldogs star: Transfer Whispers

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thing have changed since Gus arrived
There are reasons why I have the halves in this order
Preseason form will decide who will be the 7
Yep that doesn’t surprise me. I know Fittler is a fan of Wakeham. He had him in the emerging blues side a few years ago. And of course Gus and Freddy are very thick.

Doesn’t say much about Baz’s opinion though given that he obviously doesn’t rate Wakeham

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yep that doesn’t surprise me. I know Fittler is a fan of Wakeham. He had him in the emerging blues side a few years ago. And of course Gus and Freddy are very thick.

Doesn’t say much about Baz’s opinion though given that he obviously doesn’t rate Wakeham
dont be fooled by Gus, he has no say in the side and will not have any input into team selections. He is not there for that reason. TBaz will pick his own teams and if fails then he falls on his own sword

PaulS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I guess that video confirms Cotric is seeing out his contract at dogs...
I heard he was asked recently whilst at Jobels Cafe in Belmore and he said 100% a bulldog and ready for 2022.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont be fooled by Gus, he has no say in the side and will not have any input into team selections. He is not there for that reason. TBaz will pick his own teams and if fails then he falls on his own sword
Really ?????

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm not sure he will have zero input, cause I'm sure Baz will seek his advice from time to time. Not to mention Gus is shaping the roster which sort of forces Baz to pick certain players given he won't have a lot of say in the cattle he is given.
Only if Tbaz asks him. Gus wont be out on the field influenceing sessions, thats not his role. He has stated that.
Tbaz will have control.
That way if he fucks up he can sack him also

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Only if Tbaz asks him. Gus wont be out on the field influenceing sessions, thats not his role. He has stated that.
Tbaz will have control.
That way if he fucks up he can sack him also
That way Gus can blame someone else if things go wrong and then come out on-top if things go right. It's why he never went back to coaching or took up an NRL admin role despite telling them how to do their job a million times over the years :tearsofjoy:

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure he will have zero input, cause I'm sure Baz will seek his advice from time to time. Not to mention Gus is shaping the roster which sort of forces Baz to pick certain players given he won't have a lot of say in the cattle he is given.
Anyone thinks Gus won't have an input is way off the mark, he will be there for TBaz if and when needed it is why you pay so much for someone like him to pass his expertise and support but not to be overzealous, at the end of the day TBaz will live by the decisions he makes !!!

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone thinks Gus won't have an input is way off the mark, he will be there for TBaz if and when needed it is why you pay so much for someone like him to pass his expertise and support but not to be overzealous, at the end of the day TBaz will live by the decisions he makes !!!
This! Gus also commented on the Tim Sheen's appointment for the tigers. He said Sheen's wouldn't have taken the job if he didn't have full control, to me that's a dead giveaway that Gus was given full control to lure him to Canterbury.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogsteve is 100% sure he won’t have any input…