News Eels target Bulldogs star: Transfer Whispers

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nick hasn't worked out as a centre, never tried at fullback and too expensive for a winger...I say let him go...if close to contract money. Sure we've been busy in player market and have an issue with inadequate cap space devoted to spine players...but seriously...it's 1 thing to have cap space for spine players but another thing to find reasonably priced spine players on the market.
The bad news is that the market will ONLY tighten for 2023 with the Dolphins coming in. So I predict much action come Nov 1 with many clubs not afraid to rebalance their cap by trading players under contract ahead of the Dolphins joining the NRL with cap allowances in 23.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Blah blah, why doesn't someone get on the twitter horn again and ask Gus? lol old news re-dredged seemingly

god did i see someone say "straight swap for Moses" and then "we pay the extra i don't care" in the same sentence lol fuck no..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It would not surprise me if Cotric is moved on eventually. Especially when we've since signed Fox and you don't want to be spending up to $1.2 million a year on two wingers..

I'm sure if Gus can find a club willing to pay his full contract then I don't think he'll hesitate to pull the trigger and try and use that cap space more wisely.

Remember that Cotric was signed before Baz and Gus were at the club.. Despite what Gus says on Twitter, he'll be working the phones and moving players under contract on to build the squad that he wants.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's still part of the grand plan, two kick ass wingers, no way he goes to Parra.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it makes sense considering to free up good space we need to release either Cotric or Thompson, and I think Thompson is more important to getting to where we need to be. I like Cotric, I’d like him in the team as a winger, bu he’s on too much $$

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree if a decent half of Hooker becomes available it would be a good option to move him on. 650k for a winger is pretty hefty. However in saying that unless we can greatly improve one of our weaker positions than I don’t see any sense in weakening our team. Over paid or not Cotric is a rep quality player

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
FALSE.. is not happening
Cotric may be on too many $$ with us but let's remember the reason we bought him in the first place. He was a current Australian representative and was a star in a Canberra team which was clearly better than the team he had around him at Bulldogs in 2021. Let's give him a chance with a much improved roster at the Dogs. If (when) he shines for the Dogs in 2022, people will not be so readily saying let's ship him off to the Parra Scum. Make no mistake - Cotric is an extremely good player.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Staff Writers from Fox Sports
October 14th, 2021 6:47 pm

The Tigers and the Raiders are locked in negotiations about hooker Josh Hodgson joining the Concord club immediately, while the Bulldogs have eyes on Bulldogs star Nick Cotric.

EELS TARGET FORMER NSW BLUES STAR

The Parramatta Eels are set to target Bulldogs winger Nick Cotric for a move away from Belmore in time for next season.

Brent Read reported on Triple M that the Bulldogs may look to strike a deal with the Eels over the former Blues and Kangaroos star to help ease salary cap pressure on the club.

“Nick Cotric has been linked with Parramatta a while ago,” Read said on Triple M.

“He is on a big deal at Canterbury.

“My understanding is that he is still on Parramatta’s radar and there is still a chance that something could happen there with Nick Cotric.

“When you think about that Parramatta side Blake Ferguson has left and Maika Sivo injured his knee in the latter stages of the year and may miss the start of next year.

“They are really short in the outside backs and Nick Cotric is on their radar and there is the potential for a deal to be done there.

“Canterbury have a really tight salary cap. With Canterbury’s salary cap and the way it is placed their top five players, none of them are spine players.

“Spine is a real weakness at that club and it needs to be reshaped. The cap needs to be reshaped and the squad needs to be reshaped.

“The only way you can do that is by moving players who are attractive to other clubs and Nick Cotric is one of those guys.”

Nick Cotric could be on the way to the Eels.

that may be the case but there's no top half-back or hooker available off contract apart from brandon smith. better off keeping cotric
EXACTLY, Mr Reid didn't mention anything about the lack of quality half's and hooker's that are available..

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the Bulldogs have eyes on Bulldogs star Nick Cotric do we? Seems credible

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not sure if its a bad thing or not, Cotric hasn't really had a chance to show much in our shitty side yet. Gotten no service at all. He went good at raiders though.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must have wrote this over a counter lunch after 8 schooners , table 7 your chicken schnitty is ready!