Edwards at it again

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Unbelievable and this on top of the Tepai Moeroa and his mind boggling ( pardon the pun) run with the HIA this year.
https://myaccount.news.com.au/sites...memtype=anonymous&v21=cta-jt&v21suffix=cta-jt
KENT: HIA ANOTHER HEADACHE FOR NRL
THE NRL effectively handed Parramatta a free interchange for life on Monday but it’s not the NRL’s fault. There are loopholes that some clubs will always exploit, writes PAUL KENT.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/79fbd7dd74726f6f4a071b3bd2a038de

THE Parramatta Eels’ losing streak has continued with star second-rower Kenny Edwards allegedly doing a runner from police after being spotted driving while suspended in Western Sydney.
The 28-year-old will face court tomorrow over the April 19 incident but the embattled Eels, who sit bottom of the NRL ladder after a horror start to the year, said they only found out about Edwards’ sprint training on Friday.

And last night his incident-packed career with Parramatta, which has included a nine-month suspension for providing a urine sample on behalf of fellow Eel Kaysa Pritchard in 2015, looked like it could be over, with reports the club was set to sack him.

Police claim Edwards was in a Holden Cruze on Sherwood Rd in Merrylands just before 8am when officers spotted him driving in the opposite direction to them.

After performing a U-turn the officers allegedly found Edwards’ vehicle parked in Todd St, but when they approached the car they noticed the driver was not behind the wheel.

Several witnesses said they had seen a man running from the scene and officers found Edwards, who has appeared in all 10 games for the Eels so far this season, nearby.

When they checked his details they discovered that his driver’s licence had been suspended.

The Eels, who have been dogged by off-field controversies such as the salary cap scandal in recent years, issued a statement yesterday saying they only became aware of the incident on Friday.
“The club was only made aware of the incident and the pending court matter last Friday evening and has alerted the NRL integrity unit,’’ the statement said.

“The club will make no further comment until after Tuesday’s court appearance and once our club’s internal investigation regarding the circumstances of the incident is completed.’’

Paramatta and the NRL have launched separate investigations into the matter. One of the issues under scrutiny is why the club was not informed by Edwards or his management for a few weeks after he was pulled over.

He was suspended for the first seven games of last season after a domestic violence incident and fined $60,000.

Edwards was sacked by both Manly and St George Illawarra for off-field incidents before he signed with the Parramatta Eels in 2013.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck wit of the highest order on and off the field
Absolute fuckingwit

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Coming soon to a scaffolding, nightclub bouncer, ditch digging, or gardening business near you!

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Logue is back for a worse offence so why not Edwards? Please explain NRL.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Once a twit always a twit. I swear Edwards is the kind of person that makes a retarded chimp look smart.
I think you're confusing him for Hayne.

Arr fuck it, Parramatta is full of meat heads - and when I say "Parramatta", I don't just mean the Eels!!!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Is he the guy whose girlfriend or someone who knew him came in here to say how good a guy he was?

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another dumb dingo that doesn’t realise how lucky he is to play nrl and earn that money ... ahh enjoy being the site labourer. You had yoUr chance

Malla

Reaction score
He is a grub who doesn't deserve to play in the NRL. Cares more about his instagram and selfies than his footy career - absolute grub. That penalty he gave away against us on the weekend just shows he plays for himself.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
60k fine for domestic violence but sacked because last straw is driving on a suspended license lol league logic at its best

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Toronto are poised to pounce on Parras 'star' second rower no doubt.

Malla

Reaction score
I can't believe how Parra fans used to celebrate the way he would fake a cramp at the end of games, or celebrate with opposing players after a try... immature and dumb.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I still like how he and Kaysa Pritchard got off free pretty much after Edward’s gave him clean piss to pass a drug test. Hellooooooooo

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I still like how he and Kaysa Pritchard got off free pretty much after Edward’s gave him clean piss to pass a drug test. Hellooooooooo
At least one of them was suspended, I think it was Kenny edwards

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
At least one of them was suspended, I think it was Kenny edwards
Literally just saw he got 9 months but I don’t remember that at all lol. Did Kaysa get suspended aswell? I’m betting he was just injured for the season anyway.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
*Pats opposition players on the head after a mistake
*Fakes cramps to kill time
*Deliberately hugs opposition players when his team's scores ( did that to Hoppa and Thurston)
*Cheap shots

Lots of reasons to not like this guy, I noticed him from one of our games against the eels and thought he was a dickhead..

Status
Not open for further replies.