EDM Musician / DJ / Producer Tim "Avicii" Bergling dead at 28.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well I’m also lactose intolerant so I’ve stopped having regular protein shakes, even whey protein shakes that day they’re lactose free still give me issues after losing the gall bladder so currently I take a whole amino acid protein supplement that has like 0 calories and no issues with digestion.

Oh I forgot to mention, you’ll get a lot of stomach acid and reflux/heart burns as well after losing the gallbladder to the point where you’ll need medication coz when I get them they get bad that I fkn vomit lol.

But yeah that’s what I meant about the gallbladder not helping with the food, as in it’s not there anymore to break down the fats and all that which puts stress on the liver and smaller intestine to do more work.

well that sounds more like a 4 out of 10 than a 6 out of 10 in the terms of quality of life after the removal of gall bladder.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
well that sounds more like a 4 out of 10 than a 6 out of 10 in the terms of quality of life after the removal of gall bladder.
Lol plus the other stuff I said. It effects every individual differently I guess. Take note. I did not and still don’t follow what the dr said in regards dieting and what not to have lol.
I’d say they’re more annoyances than I guess your quality of life going down hill. You can do everything you used to but you’re just gonna have side effects that are fucken annoying and an inconvenience.

https://www.liverdoctor.com/things-you-must-know-you-dont-have-gallbladder/

I also had it taken out at a very young age so prob effected me a lot more than it should have. I actually felt special at the time coz all theses were like wow no one has their gallbladder’s taken out at 17 it’s such a rare occurnace lol. Full thought I was the chosen one hahaha

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
As a dance music fan, this one is very sad. I mean he was a very talented musician, very young too :(

I remember a few of his songs and they were all great. He expressed himself through his art and it's such a sad thing as is the case with anyone we lose at such a young age.

RIP Tim :(

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His family have come out and said it was a suicide. Very sad

Wahesh

Reaction score
Yes, his family said he could not go on any longer. Very very sad. Not word on the COD had been mentioned yet, one would thing pills were involved though.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah it was pretty obvious from the time it was reported.

Such a sad way to go. All the happy uplifting songs, all the joy, all the smiles he brought to peoples faces with his music, couldn't keep the black clouds at bay :(

Wahesh

Reaction score
I must be an old prick because I have never heard of him.
I only knew him because of this remix he did of my favorite AVB song, "Drowning" - still one of my favorite dance songs to this day. This version below is not the one I like the most, but this is his remix of it and how I first heard of him back in 2011/12.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I must be an old prick because I have never heard of him.
I also had not heard of him until his death. But I recognise at least one of those songs Mr Invisible posted.

I think if you have no interest in a certain genre or music, you are pretty likely to be very out of the loop in regards to a lot of the popular musicians in that genre. Like I am sure plenty of people here have never heard of some of my fav bands.

I am sad that it has been announced he killed himself. As someone who has lost 2 family members to suicide, it is a really terrible thing and it is very hard on the family of the victim. My condolences go out to them he was far too young.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
From "being there" I can certainly see what may have driven him to it. Sadly all the hallmarks were there, and from reading recently it sounds like his manager was an opportunistic shitbag caring more about money than Tim's health.

He had bad anxiety and used to have panic attacks often before shows, etc (which is part why he turned to alcohol). Add in the loneliness of being on tour, being an introvert, and having limited friendships, and it really is a recipie for disaster.

Many musicians sadly fall prey to mental health illnesses due to the nature of touring.

Chris Cornell, Chester Bennington, and Avicii ... that makes 3 musicians I've respected and listened to that have passed due to suicide.

Wahesh

Reaction score
From "being there" I can certainly see what may have driven him to it. Sadly all the hallmarks were there, and from reading recently it sounds like his manager was an opportunistic shitbag caring more about money than Tim's health.

He had bad anxiety and used to have panic attacks often before shows, etc (which is part why he turned to alcohol). Add in the loneliness of being on tour, being an introvert, and having limited friendships, and it really is a recipie for disaster.

Many musicians sadly fall prey to mental health illnesses due to the nature of touring.

Chris Cornell, Chester Bennington, and Avicii ... that makes 3 musicians I've respected and listened to that have passed due to suicide.
Avicii too? You don't come across as a dance music fan to me dude - I thought you were more into rock music etc... (having said that though, I did like Linkin Park).

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Avicii too? You don't come across as a dance music fan to me dude - I thought you were more into rock music etc... (having said that though, I did like Linkin Park).
My musical tastes as as broad as my posts haha.

In my music collection I've got anything from dance/edm, to radio friendly pop, to classical piano / classical violin / classical guitar, to rock, to all facets of metal. I appreciate all types of music from a musical, technical, and lyrical perspective.

I've even been to about a dozen musicals over the years.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Not a huge dance music fan and hardly listen to commercial radio but I still recognised most of these tunes. Talented guy. Always really sad when a life ends too soon. Sad news.

Wahesh

Reaction score
My musical tastes as as broad as my posts haha.

In my music collection I've got anything from dance/edm, to radio friendly pop, to classical piano / classical violin / classical guitar, to rock, to all facets of metal. I appreciate all types of music from a musical, technical, and lyrical perspective.

I've even been to about a dozen musicals over the years.
Music festivals here are the one thing I cannot get into. I don't know, ever since the first home back or whatever it's called back in 2005 (I think) I've never thought they are anything. It's like an outdoor concert - except in the hot sun lol. Then these days all the hero's go to concerts and you see all these idiots on different types of stuff all wearing shorts and singlets... FFS. You can spot them out a mile away.

However, if I did have to go to one, it would be Tomorrowland in Belgium - the PINNACLE of music festivals. The shit that gets hosted here are McDonalds birthday parties in comparison. Nothing even comes close.

Maybe it's because I'm a fan of HEAPS of Belgian musical acts such as Milk Inc, Ian Van Dahl, Kate Ryan etc... or because it's in Western Europe, or maybe, just MAYBE, because this place actually knows how to host a music festival.

tomorrowland-1.jpg

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I also had not heard of him until his death. But I recognise at least one of those songs Mr Invisible posted.

I think if you have no interest in a certain genre or music, you are pretty likely to be very out of the loop in regards to a lot of the popular musicians in that genre. Like I am sure plenty of people here have never heard of some of my fav bands.

I am sad that it has been announced he killed himself. As someone who has lost 2 family members to suicide, it is a really terrible thing and it is very hard on the family of the victim. My condolences go out to them he was far too young.
I felt old and out of touch because i'd never heard of him either (I have Daft Punk and Fatboy Slim in my music collection, so that might show what era i'm from). I also thought the initial reporting of his death was really weird (was left open to so much speculation).

But no matter the era, the issues will remain the same. A Gareth says, its a terrible thing for any individual and their families.

Status
Not open for further replies.