Eastwood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats the deal? Isnt he that last remaining backended useless player?

Does his contract end this year? Is the guy not interested in finding a club next year? Or is he happy to sign for 60k with us? Whats happening? I feel hes low key hiding until it blows up in our face lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's off contract and won't be re-signed. He was on 800k back ended in another Des masterstroke but we probably have at least half a dozen more guys on heavily back ended deals hence the cap pressure in the next few years despite releasing everyone.

I have no idea why he is still playing first grade though. Renouf or Chris Smith deserve to play ahead of him as they actually may have a future with the club unlike Eastwood.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not being retained past this season, therefore not the clubs problem anymore.

@btrainben the reason he's still playing NRL is because To'omaga and Smith are still able to play in finals at the moment for NSW Cup. But if they are played in NRL until end of the year they risk being ruled out for NSW Cup finals selection.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't know how I feel about that Mr I, if that is the reason they aren't playing first grade.

It would be nice to win a reserves premiership but it means nothing and we'd gain a lot more from having those two play the last six games of first grade for experience and to see how they handle the step up.

They might not get the same opportunity at the beginning of next season so I'd rather they play first grade now.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Eastwood used to be beastwood but now hes busy having a feastwood

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He will lose 30 kg play for Roosters and kill it lol

Knowing our luck

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I seem to remember that hasler didn't want Eastwood and that it was the board that pushed for his re-signing

Anyone else remember it that way?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I seem to remember that hasler didn't want Eastwood and that it was the board that pushed for his re-signing

I remember that. Absolutely correct.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Correct and he has been a long and good servant of the club.
Age, injuries and general health have caught up with him. Shit happens like that in professional sport.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's a big prick and can be good when pushed, hope to see him sign out with us on a high note, like the Morris's on a happy send off.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not his fault he got paid what we paid him and we also back ended it. Anyone on here wouldn't say no if they were in his position. His conditioning is partially on us, but he could've also skipped drive through a couple of times to help us manage his weight better. He is gone end of the season, but let's not forget he was a good servant to us for a number of seasons, as well as taking less money to play with us, and also paying out his contract with Leads to be released so he could come back to us. Short memories some on here! Kick a man when he is down and at the end of his career.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Beast was a good player when coming over from the broncos.. And after that he was loyal as fuck returning again after his stint in SL!! He loves the doggs !! That much is true.
Has Spent 8 years with us, played 167 games in total scoring 15 tries an total of 60 points .. spent 3 years at broncos played 65 games and scored the same amount of tires an points lol.

I wish him the best for his future.

Last edited:

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eastwood was great for the Bulldogs in his prime. He’s unfortunately past it now, but I wish him all the best.

Also, that 50m intercept try against the Cowboys will never be forgotten. How he managed to score that, we will never know.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm glad he stuck it out and took his 800k for this year. Money he was owed and back ended by the club. Not his fault at all. Has a big family and takes good care of them.
It is his time to go but has been a good player for us over the years.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Absolute fucking waste of money, has been shit for years. Should never have been re-signed when his contract was up last time. This backending is rubbish as he was barely worth the 200k he was getting in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.