Eastwood fires back to suggestions he is overweight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
FORMER Bronco Greg Eastwood yesterday rubbished suggestions his weight has ballooned in the wake of his well-publicised visa issues and declared he would be ready to play his first game for the Bulldogs this weekend.
The Kiwi international yesterday penned a three-year deal with the Bulldogs after his planned move to English Super League club Leeds was blocked by a British High Commission decision to deny him a visa because of a string of driving convictions.

Eastwood has long endured scrutiny over his weight and eating habits but said despite the fact he hasn't trained fulltime since the end of last year's World Cup he would be ready to play against Penrith this weekend if coach Kevin Moore needed him.

"I've never been ready for 80 minutes," Eastwood joked when asked yesterday if he was in shape to play a whole match.

"It's up to the coach what they want to do and I'm ready if they're pretty happy with me. It's always difficult to say, but he (Moore) has had a bit of a talk to me, asked if I'm ready, and I said 'yeah, I've had a good beep test and I'm pretty fit', so we're just going to have to wait and see."

Part of the agreement with the Bulldogs would allow Eastwood to join Leeds in 2010 should an appeal over his visa problems prove successful.

Several NRL clubs were rumoured to be interested in signing Eastwood, including the New Zealand Warriors.

Eastwood joins former Brisbane teammates Mick Ennis, Ben Hannant and David Stagg at the Bulldogs.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/sport/nrl/story/0,26746,25207607-5003409,00.html

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To fire him and hickey up all we need to do is put a hotdog stand behind the opposition dead ball line.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bring on the "BEASTWOOD" go mate!

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Doesnt take long to get fit. No worries.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
He is a white maori after all you could expect him to be a little big boned, and hard as nails

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
Picture of Eastwood firing back to suggestions he is overweight :p

Jigga

Kennel Established
Reaction score
he has always carried a little bit of wieght and it hasn't stopped him from achieving what he has, so I think it doesn't realy affect him like it maybe would affect someone else, I think he will strip down a couple of kilos anyway when he is here for a while, everyone is looking pretty fit this year. I'm just stoked that he has signed, his big hits and attacking skills are going to top of our pack nicely

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he has always carried a little bit of wieght and it hasn't stopped him from achieving what he has, so I think it doesn't realy affect him like it maybe would affect someone else, I think he will strip down a couple of kilos anyway when he is here for a while, everyone is looking pretty fit this year. I'm just stoked that he has signed, his big hits and attacking skills are going to top of our pack nicely
I love this quote by Moore: -
"He's great on his feet, has a good off-load and he can whack blokes."

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Eastwood has been playing at that size since he came into the top grade. It doesnt seem to effect him and if he still gives us a good 40mins or so off the bench, then im not complaining.

But i think he needs to earn his spot in reserves for a couple of weeks and then if his form permits he should be brought into the top grade.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What the hell are you guys talking about when you say "Well he has gotten by before so it should be fine..."

That is a losing mentality. That is not the culture of this club. You don't just do enough to get by. You bust your ass to be the best you can be. You don't just presume that you will only be needed for 30-40 minutes. You have a professional attitude, apply yourself and get yourself ready for the team in case you need to be called upon for injuries.

I would be furious to see 3 or 4 guys go down and us being down to 1 or no interchanges and Eastwood being a liability out on the field and gasping for air because he doesn't think it is a big deal or a requirement to be in shape.

Again, the easy way out and not putting in complete effort and commitment is not the mentality and culture of this club and should not be tolerated.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
What the hell are you guys talking about when you say "Well he has gotten by before so it should be fine..."

That is a losing mentality. That is not the culture of this club. You don't just do enough to get by. You bust your ass to be the best you can be. You don't just presume that you will only be needed for 30-40 minutes. You have a professional attitude, apply yourself and get yourself ready for the team in case you need to be called upon for injuries.

I would be furious to see 3 or 4 guys go down and us being down to 1 or no interchanges and Eastwood being a liability out on the field and gasping for air because he doesn't think it is a big deal or a requirement to be in shape.

Again, the easy way out and not putting in complete effort and commitment is not the mentality and culture of this club and should not be tolerated.
well put

L

lebANONYMOUS

Big fella
he is
tight blue and white
not a good look for him

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
dunno wat ur all so worried about.

Do u really think the culture and fitness wont be smashed into him at training by moore, grimaldi and co?

If he thinks he has an easy ride, (which i dont think he does) then he will soon find out that he needs us more than we need him.

Quillen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wasn't sure whether it was you or another kenneler, benny but, you've never been a fan of this signing hey...

?

Status
Not open for further replies.