Eastwood cleared to play in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Your memory is failing you like @Gotenks. 2016 he had a good year.
Depends on what you think is good I guess.

I don't think 53 minutes on average a game for 78 meters and 22 tackles is that good. With 2 tries and 2 line breaks all year.

Just my opinion but Any forward playing 53 minutes a game and is 110 plus kgs should be pumping out 100 meters or close to it minimum.

Not so long ago 100 metres plus was great. Now everyone seems to pump it out. Now players like Fifita and Taumalolo and others have changed the bench Mark to 150 plus. Imo 78 meters doesn't cut it.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I don't think 53 minutes on average a game for 78 meters and 22 tackles is that good. With 2 tries and 2 line breaks all year.

Just my opinion but Any forward playing 53 minutes a game and is 110 plus kgs should be pumping out 100 meters or close to it minimum.

Not so long ago 100 metres plus was great. Now everyone seems to pump it out. Now players like Fifita and Taumalolo and others have changed the bench Mark to 150 plus. Imo 78 meters doesn't cut it.
I quoted before what an independent 3rd party rated him in 2016 - RLW (& they were not overly favourable to Bulldogs players IMO)

10 x 6, 5 x 7 & 1 x 8. That's a good year!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Bro, don't even bother. The Eastwood fan club are so fucking delusional, it's like they don't even watch games of footy. How people think he was anything more than average these last few years is beyond me, they probably just remember the big flashy moments and ignore all the bits in between.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Your memory is failing you like @Gotenks. 2016 he had a good year.
Well you must have shit standards if you think he had a good year. He's been dead average these last fee years, a shadow of the player he used to be.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well you must have shit standards if you think he had a good year. He's been dead average these last fee years, a shadow of the player he used to be.
That's not my standards, it's RLWs!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Its not so much your opinions, its how you express them. Of course calling any bulldogs player a fat shitcunt doesnt sit well with most self respecting bulldogs fans!
Also the way you speak to others in regards to their opinions can be incredibly condescending and areogant.
I often agree with your opinions, but i get the feeling that if you spoke to memebers in person the way you do on here at times, it probably wouldnt end well.
This being said, and as you have also pointed out yourself, every player in a bulldogs jersey suffered under haslers reign. So i am giving all a free slate.
I doubt Eastwood will be a starter this year, and i also very much doubt he will get more game time then he deserves. Each and every player in our squad will earn theyre spot and then earn theyre minutes.
I called him a fat lazy ****, i think that's a fair description of him based on these past few years. Yes all players suffered under Hasler but most still put in to the best or close to the best of their ability in the current conditions at the time, Eastwood clearly did not imo.

So many weeks i saw Tolman, Graham, etc repeatedly get smashed carrying the ball forward, meanwhile Eastwood just bludged out wide set after set doing nothing. He would then touch the ball 4 sets later and instead of having a run, he would chose to throw some stupid pass. He would then eventually have a run few sets later. There were games where i could literally count the number of hitups on 1 hand, these were games where he played more than 1 half of footy, it was pathetic.

I'm so wound up because people on here (some of the same people) absolutely smashed Williams for similar things, yet his effort or workrate wasn't as bad as Eastwood. People also didn't seem to give a shit about his problems. It's fucking double standards.

Then you got the same ***** crying because i don't fanboy over their favourite players, they then go on to accuse me of hating every player. So what if i call a player average or call him out on not being great at everything like some people think, why does that mean i hate them or think they are absolute shit? There's nothing wrong with being an average NRL player, average NRL players still contribute to Premierships, they still put in the hours on and off the field, they are still capable of having very good games and potentially being some of the best players on the field at times. But what's wrong with seeing players limitations and talking about them and accepting them?

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has been poor for a few years. Badly used by Hasler (edge forward at times?) but he has been pretty bad. Sounds very keen though and sounds like he wants to play - maybe for the money but probably would've got most of that anyway if he was medically retired. Could be ok as our 20 minutes a game forward in the middle if Pay can motivate him. He's too behind in fitness to make the 17 for rd1 IMO. Make him run lots of kms for a while.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I called him a fat lazy ****, i think that's a fair description of him based on these past few years. Yes all players suffered under Hasler but most still put in to the best or close to the best of their ability in the current conditions at the time, Eastwood clearly did not imo.

So many weeks i saw Tolman, Graham, etc repeatedly get smashed carrying the ball forward, meanwhile Eastwood just bludged out wide set after set doing nothing. He would then touch the ball 4 sets later and instead of having a run, he would chose to throw some stupid pass. He would then eventually have a run few sets later. There were games where i could literally count the number of hitups on 1 hand, these were games where he played more than 1 half of footy, it was pathetic.

I'm so wound up because people on here (some of the same people) absolutely smashed Williams for similar things, yet his effort or workrate wasn't as bad as Eastwood. People also didn't seem to give a shit about his problems. It's fucking double standards.

Then you got the same ***** crying because i don't fanboy over their favourite players, they then go on to accuse me of hating every player. So what if i call a player average or call him out on not being great at everything like some people think, why does that mean i hate them or think they are absolute shit? There's nothing wrong with being an average NRL player, average NRL players still contribute to Premierships, they still put in the hours on and off the field, they are still capable of having very good games and potentially being some of the best players on the field at times. But what's wrong with seeing players limitations and talking about them and accepting them?
Yeah i agree he has been well below his best for a while, but calling fat lazy **** is a bit over the top mate.
If you consider that someones life can spiral out of control when suffering from depression, then its fair to say their lives will excell in all areas when they are happy right? So if they are not suffering from depression because they have a great family life, yet are hating their footbal under certain condituons out of their control, then i think its reasonable to suggest that their form will suffer massively. Especially if you throw in his heart condition which could well have been a problem for longer then anyone knew.
My point to all of this is that you should perhaps step back and put your nasty comments in check, and then see how he performs in the bew year. If he is still shit, say what you like. But i think most people are taking into consideration all of the things i have just mentioned, and are instead trying to focus on the player he was, while giving him a chance to redeem himself. I know i am.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah i agree he has been well below his best for a while, but calling fat lazy **** is a bit over the top mate.
If you consider that someones life can spiral out of control when suffering from depression, then its fair to say their lives will excell in all areas when they are happy right? So if they are not suffering from depression because they have a great family life, yet are hating their footbal under certain condituons out of their control, then i think its reasonable to suggest that their form will suffer massively. Especially if you throw in his heart condition which could well have been a problem for longer then anyone knew.
My point to all of this is that you should perhaps step back and put your nasty comments in check, and then see how he performs in the bew year. If he is still shit, say what you like. But i think most people are taking into consideration all of the things i have just mentioned, and are instead trying to focus on the player he was, while giving him a chance to redeem himself. I know i am.
How he performs in the new year isn't relevant to any of this, the main point of discussion is his performance and decline over the last few years. The Eastwood fan club genuinely believe he has been great and that is nothing more than a blatant lie.

If he does well this season and proves me wrong then great, that's the best thing for the dogs and that's all thar matters. But the fact that people want to praise him for average and pathetic performances over the last few years really pisses me off. We wouldn't even be talking about this atm if certain posters would stop telling blatant lies and admit that Eastwood has been average, it's not even a matter of a opinion.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How he performs in the new year isn't relevant to any of this, the main point of discussion is his performance and decline over the last few years. The Eastwood fan club genuinely believe he has been great and that is nothing more than a blatant lie.

If he does well this season and proves me wrong then great, that's the best thing for the dogs and that's all thar matters. But the fact that people want to praise him for average and pathetic performances over the last few years really pisses me off. We wouldn't even be talking about this atm if certain posters would stop telling blatant lies and admit that Eastwood has been average, it's not even a matter of a opinion.
Nobody in this thread has suggested he has been amazing these past few years. But people who are fans are also willing to overlook the bad and see the good. Theres no reason he cant recapture that form.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bro, don't even bother. The Eastwood fan club are so fucking delusional, it's like they don't even watch games of footy. How people think he was anything more than average these last few years is beyond me, they probably just remember the big flashy moments and ignore all the bits in between.
Yeah I think I will just agree to disagree with them. Lol

If I was good at using the old computy I would put gif of Homer Simpson slowly stepping back into the bush right here----------

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah I think I will just agree to disagree with them. Lol

If I was good at using the old computy I would put gif of Homer Simpson slowly stepping back into the bush right here----------
Yh i will also leave it. What has happened has happened, if people want to lie about it then so be it. New season coming and if Eastwood steps up ands plays well then that will be great for the Dogs, if he doesn't then it really doesn't matter as we have better and younger players ready to step up and take the chance they deserve.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I guess it is OK to call Eastwood a fat lazy c**t. All the others have been magnificent, havn't they.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Yh i will also leave it. What has happened has happened, if people want to lie about it then so be it. New season coming and if Eastwood steps up ands plays well then that will be great for the Dogs, if he doesn't then it really doesn't matter as we have better and younger players ready to step up and take the chance they deserve.
You've been calling him rubbish since at least 13 you merkin. I think you were actually happy with how shit we went in 17

N

Natboy

Players completed the role they were assigned by Hasler.
Eastwood was consistently one of our best before Des got to him.
Dean Pay may want Eastwood making 50 tackles a game who knows.

We are all entitled to our opinions but to call anyone who plays big minutes of first grade at the current speed it is played at a fat lazy **** is not only rude mate but it’s also off the mark.
He’s also been carrying some pretty painful and debilitating injuries too.

Status
Not open for further replies.