Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah I didn't know that about his pay but still doesn't change the fact he hasn't produced anything for the dogs for years. It's as ample as that really.
Yup. He's a very average player these days, at best he takes a spot on the bench and plays minimal minutes. We have forwards like Jackson, Klemmer, Woods, RFM, Elliott, Fualalo, Tualau, Ogden, etc that have a far higher ceiling and/or coming into their prime, we need to give them the minutes.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yup. He's a very average player these days, at best he takes a spot on the bench and plays minimal minutes. We have forwards like Jackson, Klemmer, Woods, RFM, Elliott, Fualalo, Tualau, Ogden, etc that have a far higher ceiling and/or coming into their prime, we need to give them the minutes.
Yeah that's what I'd like to see as well. I think he's days are numbered as a starter.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I'd like to see as well. I think he's days are numbered as a starter.
Shhh..don't say that, you will be accused of hating the entire squad :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just give the bloke a season to prove himself & then make a comprehensive analysis. If it doesnt work out, most likely scenario is he'll retire anyway.
Im willing to back him........

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Shhh..don't say that, you will be accused of hating the entire squad :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Just checked his stats and he has been in decline for the last three years. 15 was 87 run metres. 16 -78 run metres. 17 an almighty 65 run metres, smh. His tackle count went 22, 22 and then dropped to 16.

I know stats aren't every thing and things go on in a game that can change and rolls may differ BUT they are still a good gauge.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just checked his stats and he has been in decline for the last three years. 15 was 87 run metres. 16 -78 run metres. 17 an almighty 65 run metres, smh. His tackle count went 22, 22 and then dropped to 16.

I know stats aren't every thing and things go on in a game that can change and rolls may differ BUT they are still a good gauge.
What was his average in game minutes for those 3 years?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That’s exactly it... why should we take away / block the path of these young guys who have really shown they are up for it and can be way better than Feastwood/? He’s gone ski at the end of the year anyway.. let’s not stall the development of these kids. And really, i think the chances of Eastwood having a ‘good’ year are very low. He’s consistently dropped his performance as time has passed, he has just come off a heart surgery, as well as body injuries last year. He needs cardio fitness. He hasn’t exactly shown he is mentally capable of having a good year either.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What was his average in game minutes for those 3 years?
It doesn't say on that site.

Either way as a starting player the numbers aren't enough, and as an impact player with short minutes they aren't enough either. They are just bad numbers.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Becauae his workrate is poor. He used to have a lot more moments where he would break through a tackle, create a try scoring opportunity, make something from nothing, etc, so his lower workrate wasn't and issue because the quality was there. That quality is almost no existent these days, yet people want to act like it's still there despite him being an older, less effective Eastwood compared to his prime.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's an overweight lazy ****, has been for years. He isn't the player he once was and hasn't been for a while. Williams had a higher workrate than him ffs.
Getting 6 questionable ratings, is that a record.

I clicked the love rating button.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't say on that site.

Either way as a starting player the numbers aren't enough, and as an impact player with short minutes they aren't enough either. They are just bad numbers.
Yeah i agree.
To get a spot in the FG grade squad (first 13 or bench) he really needs to prove himself.
Id like to see him make it if his form warrants it, but just quietly, he'll be more or less stuck in the NSW cup this season...
My opinion

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why all the love for Eastwood.

All the hate posts about him for several years.

But now that he had a 'heart problem' he is now the best footballer ever.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Getting 6 questionable ratings, is that a record.

I clicked the love rating button.
Probably. I might even get smashed by Eastwoods relo again at this rate lol.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably. I might even get smashed by Eastwoods relo again at this rate lol.
Its not so much your opinions, its how you express them. Of course calling any bulldogs player a fat shitcunt doesnt sit well with most self respecting bulldogs fans!
Also the way you speak to others in regards to their opinions can be incredibly condescending and areogant.
I often agree with your opinions, but i get the feeling that if you spoke to memebers in person the way you do on here at times, it probably wouldnt end well.
This being said, and as you have also pointed out yourself, every player in a bulldogs jersey suffered under haslers reign. So i am giving all a free slate.
I doubt Eastwood will be a starter this year, and i also very much doubt he will get more game time then he deserves. Each and every player in our squad will earn theyre spot and then earn theyre minutes.

berries62

Waterboy
Reaction score
funny how you blokes are going toe to toe about how much he earns, how do you know this, wish l was in his shoes :grinning:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
A serious life event has the ability to make one think about everything......I hope this has stealed him for a last hoorah and he goes out the way he deserves! He's playing and I support him for that so I am behind him. This focus may rub off onto the rest of the playing group and who's know what may happen!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not only that. For what he is being paid (if reports are true) he isnt producing HALF of what he should be, on that coin.
Remember it's a back-ended deal though, so that's a little unfair.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I didn't know that about his pay but still doesn't change the fact he hasn't produced anything for the dogs for years. It's as simple as that really.
Your memory is failing you like @Gotenks. 2016 he had a good year.

Status
Not open for further replies.