Each Premiership team has that one scary player.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we add Okunbur to the list please? Everytime he touches the ball and when he is defending the line It scares the daylights out of me.
A little hard there mate he improved massively with his handling last year, defence I believe he was only following the coaches up and in defence.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little hard there mate he improved massively with his handling last year, defence I believe he was only following the coaches up and in defence.
Doesn’t make it less scary, even though he’s improved.

It’s like when Rhyse Martin was goalkicking. I knew he was very good, but was still scarred from years of Mbye taking the kicks.

This year, it might be DWZ scaring me under high balls, even if he improves.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Hethrington our Scary guy
Hetherington could be scary for other teams. I expect Baz will want some shock value from him, but he'll also want him to bang out good minutes as a starter (50 odd), and maintain a good quality work-rate throughout. I don't mind if his big hits are only occasional if his general play and workrate stacks up. He could end up being a genuine dominant NRL prop in a couple of years though, or he could still waste away in suspension land. If he does fire to his potential, even this year, it could lift us into finals contention - it's a big question IMO.

Would much prefer though if Flanagan or Avo turned out to be our scary one (and that's not scary to us, as in Lewis).

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way heatherington played for the warriors last year,was real eye opener for me,and the way he pushed warea Hargreaves around,that’s just what we need,some old fashioned controlled aggression,

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The way heatherington played for the warriors last year,was real eye opener for me,and the way he pushed warea Hargreaves around,that’s just what we need,some old fashioned controlled aggression,
Lol no, he was rubbish that game. Slow as fuck play the ball, fuck all metres, all he did was get in a scrap and people started reaching for the tissues.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has to be Adam Elliot.....if he had no pants on and wanted to tavkle me........I'd be plenty scared......

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol no, he was rubbish that game. Slow as fuck play the ball, fuck all metres, all he did was get in a scrap and people started reaching for the tissues.
It’s all about opinions,the same game he received the ball out wide and ran 30 metres,passed inside and a try to the warriors,at the end of the game,commentators were asked their man of the match,he dint get it,but was acknowledged for his display,so which game did u watch?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It’s all about opinions,the same game he received the ball out wide and ran 30 metres,passed inside and a try to the warriors,at the end of the game,commentators were asked their man of the match,he dint get it,but was acknowledged for his display,so which game did u watch?
What game did you watch? That never happened :tearsofjoy:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With a bit of luck Hetherington will play with enough aggression to inspire Napa to show some and hopefully we have two scary players early in the season. That's often enough to inspire the whole pack to play like monsters.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hard to put brains on tree posts.
One try was from a cross field kick, the other a short ball to Katoa from on of the halves. So which one was it?

JWH ran for almost 200m, Hetherington like 50m. Slowest play the ball of any forward, etc. But no he scrapped with JWH so let's hype him up...clearly had no impact on JWH during the game as he had the Roosters rolling forward the whole time he was on. He had much better games for the Warriors than that one.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One try was from a cross field kick, the other a short ball to Katoa from on of the halves. So which one was it?

JWH ran for almost 200m, Hetherington like 50m. Slowest play the ball of any forward, etc. But no he scrapped with JWH so let's hype him up...clearly had no impact on JWH during the game as he had the Roosters rolling forward the whole time he was on. He had much better games for the Warriors than that one.
Mate,the replay was on Foxtel,just on a week ago,not having any grand illusions,u may b right jwh ran for 200 m,and heatherington came of the bench,secondly I have no reason to hype him up yet,I shall wait till the end of the season,to judge him,.