1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

News Dylan Napa MAY face sanctions over videos - Napa Consolidated Thread

Discussion in 'Bulldogs Discussion' started by Mr Invisible, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Mr Invisible

Mr Invisible Super Mod Staff Member Premium Member Gilded

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/spo...nsion-over-lewd-videos-say-nrl?variant=tb_v_1

Star Canterbury recruit Dylan Napa may face suspension for the start of the NRL season over the lewd videos of him which were leaked onto the internet.

The NRL integrity unit is preparing a report after investigating the matter and NRL CEO Todd Greenberg hinted at a looming sanction today.

"I haven't read (the report) in its entirety but what I have read is damage to the game," Greenberg said.

"Where damage to the game comes, there will be consequences."

Greenberg would not speculate on a likely punishment. Any suspension would be a cruel blow for the Bulldogs as the videos were filmed several years ago while he was playing for the Sydney Roosters and he was not involved in making them public.

However the videos saga was one of the most damaging in a disastrous NRL off- season labelled a "train wreck" by Greenberg.

Over the last several days rumours have circulated that Napa was the subject of another video along with a former teammate. However the NRL said they had already viewed that vision and had cleared both players of involvement.

Greenberg hoped to hand down Napa's finding soon but couldn't give a timeline, with investigators also diverted by the Ben Barba matter.

"I've asked the integrity unit to complete that piece of work quickly," Greenberg said.

"They're a pretty busy place at the moment. They are not a big organisation of men and women but they're doing some good work. We'll get to the bottom of it as quick as we can."

• Like Like x 1
  2. Spoonman84

Spoonman84 Kennel Addict

But you said he’s been cleared?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Moedogg

Moedogg Kennel Addict

Why can't they just fine him? Our club is being unfairly punished for something we had no control over. Rooster's should be held accountable for this, coz it was done under their watch.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. CroydonDog

CroydonDog Immortal Gilded

This. If a fine has to be issued on Napa, so be it. But any suspension is punishing the dogs unfairly.

Even my colleague who hates the dogs aged with me on this!

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Spoonman84

Spoonman84 Kennel Addict

If the NRL had out any punishment to the club then we have to fight it all the way to the courts if necessary. My opinion of the board will change very quickly if we roll over.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. jof

jof Forum Regular

So if he's given a lengthy suspension, which seems likely now are we allowed to promote up another forward into our top 30, or is that only for injuries?

7. Spoonman84

Spoonman84 Kennel Addict

No we would have to try and get the NRL to allow it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. jof

jof Forum Regular

That should be the absolute least they should do as none of this is any of the clubs fault.

9. Spoonman84

Spoonman84 Kennel Addict

I know but I doubt they will do us any favours so this is why the club have to fight it every step of the way.

10. Bull Terrier

Bull Terrier Kennel Enthusiast Premium Member Gilded

Yeah think we have all had enough off being kicked around

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Alan79

Alan79 Immortal

Fuck Greenberg. He lets shit slide that should be punished and if this eventuates as the article is implying hes prepared to punish the club that had no involvement. He's a blight on the game and needs to be removed

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Best Post Best Post x 1
  12. TwinTurbo

TwinTurbo Forum Regular

There can’t possibly be any justice in punishing us, it’s unjustifiable. Punish the players by all means, but not the clubs that they aren’t even associated with at the time.

Go Dogs

13. Baseball Furies

Baseball Furies Kennel Enthusiast

I’m with you man, all of my mates that are anti-Dogs think we are getting bent over also.

My wife is even speechless and can’t get how the Mad Monday and Napa stuff is worse than the Inglis or Burgess stuff.

I know it’s been done to death on here but I’m just getting so tired of the NRL standards, with Greenberg in charge, we continue to implode....

This is a big can of worms the Napa stuff, so if he sets a precedent with us, he will bury himself at some stage!

Fingers crossed....

• Like Like x 1
  14. KLil

KLil Kennel Addict

Has to be fine... be it 50k as a suspension is unjust.

15. Mr Invisible

Mr Invisible Super Mod Staff Member Premium Member Gilded

That I did, but it was never specified as "clear to play", or "clear to return to training".

Either way the NRL IU clearly have finished their investigations (which is what I stated).

NRL just need to hurry the hell up and resolve this and Barba, and let teams move on with the season.

That said with all this shit going on, you really wouldn't want to be De Belin / Walker (and know you are guilty). Both firmly in the NRL Hot Seat now. Musgrove isn't registered yet anyway so no issue there, if guilty they just won't register them.

The interesting thing will be if the NRL do attempt to sanction Napa, the RLPA will no doubt get involved, as will our club.

Easiest thing for NRL to do is deliver a stern written warning, move on, and wait for De Belin/Walker incidents to hit court.

If the NRL renig and decide to take action it drags the sports name through the papers with any punishment and appeals/legal action. That'd be pretty foolish if you ask me.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Spoonman84

Spoonman84 Kennel Addict

No you flat out stated he had been cleared and both club and player informed. It was flat out bullshit.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. doggieaaron

doggieaaron Immortal

Todds trying to throw his weight around now and show that he’s hardcore fmd

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Bull Terrier

Bull Terrier Kennel Enthusiast Premium Member Gilded

Todd’s a wank

• Best Post Best Post x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Hot Dog

Hot Dog Forum Regular

I've watched the latest video. When the press get a hold of this one it will be panic stations.

• Like Like x 1
  20. GrogDog

GrogDog bad attitude

We can all just hope that Todd get's hit by a bus in the next 24 hours.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1