Dylan Napa facing 3-4 weeks for hit during Broncos game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
JUST CONFIRMED: Napa takes 3 on an early guilty plea.

Dylan Napa will miss three matches after pleading guilty to a grade-three dangerous contact for his controversial hit on Andrew McCullough.

The Roosters prop will sit out this week's clash with Parramatta and his team's first two finals matches after entering the early plea.

He will be free to return in the grand final if the Roosters win their first two finals to reach the premiership decider, or a week earlier if the team loses in the opening week of the playoffs then reaches the preliminary finals.

Could be season over for him, in particular if JWH doesn't return ASAP.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
JUST CONFIRMED: Napa takes 3 on an early guilty plea. Will miss Round 25, Quarter and Semi Finals (assuming Roosters get there).
They'll get to the Semi's as they'll finished top 4.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I really hate this guy, going in for big hits is one thing but this guy seems like he just wants to hurt people. His technique is ridiculous and I am surprised he was not suspended when he did the same crap earlier this year.

Hope he misses the finals and maybe then he will rethink things.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Napa should have got six weeks minimum. There is no difference whether your using your head or forearm (except the head causes more damage) but both are careless and reckless. So why should the high shots using the forearm cop a bigger penalty?
If Napa's hit makes contact with the temple then who knows what the outcome could be.
Seeing a player suffer convulsions after an illegal hit like that and Napa basically getting off lightly does not send a good message to parents considering whether to let their kids play Rugby League.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Napa should have got six weeks minimum. There is no difference whether your using your head or forearm (except the head causes more damage) but both are careless and reckless. So why should the high shots using the forearm cop a bigger penalty?
If Napa's hit makes contact with the temple then who knows what the outcome could be.
Seeing a player suffer convulsions after an illegal hit like that and Napa basically getting off lightly does not send a good message to parents considering whether to let their kids play Rugby League.
It was accidental though that’s probably why.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think that if you make contact with the opponents head then whether or not it is accidental should not matter. Contact with the head should always be regarded as careless/reckless, and if sufficient force (e.g. more than a graze), then it warrants a suspension.

NickT

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Woah, big overreaction.
Good hit, not a shoulder charge, no swinging arm.
Some responsibility has to lay on the attacking player. I see guys lowering their heads and allowing themselves to get into a dangerous position trying to scramble for a quick play the ball.
I hate the roosters. But have no problem with a hard hit.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Been saying this that weak ranga **** started, just a shit **** who has to play dirty to be "tough".

I don't even rate the **** to call him over-rated.

Status
Not open for further replies.