Dylan, David and the Dogs: farce or just business?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The fact that many of our fans hate Napa, or did hate him till now is what excites me... I believe a lot of the hate came from watching our forwards, and the Blues forwards get dominated by Dylan and his mates.. He had me from the time he took on the Burgess brothers even though he was at a rival club... that was one of the best forward knocks I've seen in a long long time.... I'm also hoping he puts a rocket up Foran and Hoppa if they get lazy.... Hoppa is fine at FB, but if he gets placed at centre, I think we might see him show his displeasure, as he did this year when he was moved there (as you would if replaced by MBYE)

Stuart Thomas

Waterboy
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I like it but at least post the first paragraph then link otherwise people aren't going to follow through.

Hercules Napa. Stripper name.
Don't mind if they don't follow through mate. All good with me. Just there if people want to read it. Not a financial reward for me, just an exercise in altruism.

Cheers.

Stuart Thomas

Waterboy
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How are we the losers, it could be a big blessing in disguise.
Potentially loser unless we move in. Big difference. We will be fine. The back story is far more about Klemmer than the board or the club.

Stuart Thomas

Waterboy
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Management i
But it’s not business is it? He didn’t leave for money (if we believe the $’s being quoted) or any other “business’ reason. He left for purely “emotional” reasons. Whether that be his dissatisfaction with what went on in the last couple of years (blaming the fire fighter not the pyromaniac who stated the fire) or his wife’s emotional pussey whipping of him to be closer to her family (and/or further away from his). Either or both, they’re totally emotional reasons.

Neither is remotely “business”, well not in any business that I have ever worked in.

I was going to stop there, but ......... not fronting up to the players that he bleed with, shed tears with, laughed with, suffered through the good and the bad, the winning and the losing as a team. That to me is unforgivable.

Go Dogs[/QUO
But it’s not business is it? He didn’t leave for money (if we believe the $’s being quoted) or any other “business’ reason. He left for purely “emotional” reasons. Whether that be his dissatisfaction with what went on in the last couple of years (blaming the fire fighter not the pyromaniac who stated the fire) or his wife’s emotional pussey whipping of him to be closer to her family (and/or further away from his). Either or both, they’re totally emotional reasons.

Neither is remotely “business”, well not in any business that I have ever worked in.

I was going to stop there, but ......... not fronting up to the players that he bleed with, shed tears with, laughed with, suffered through the good and the bad, the winning and the losing as a team. That to me is unforgivable.

Go Dogs
Management is business.

Stuart Thomas

Waterboy
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be a troll here, but your articles are really long and full of words, but don't ever actually say anything the reader doesn't already know or wouldn't be able to figure out on their own.
Too long for you?

Stuart Thomas

Waterboy
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
My take on what you are alluding to is that when klemmer signed his 4 year deal directly with the club, he somehow was still contractually/legally signed to previous manager and therefore as long as he stayed at BD's under that contract the old manager would get a cut. Is that what you are saying?
Bingo!

Stuart Thomas

Waterboy
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
My take on what you are alluding to is that when klemmer signed his 4 year deal directly with the club, he somehow was still contractually/legally signed to previous manager and therefore as long as he stayed at BD's under that contract the old manager would get a cut. Is that what you are saying?
Can you pass on the meaning of inference to dawgfather?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Please explain?
Sorry mr Stuart Thomas, you just remind me of a white knight lol and using the rhetoric of daily telegraph is racist to get the popular vote so to speak. You seem like a cool dude though. Power and prosperity to the non bonary bulldogs of 2019.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone hear how klemmer's relationship with the dogs deteriorated so much that he hasn't even spoken to dean pay. I really hope that there aren't a bunch of players that are on klemmer's side. I hope the players can move on. I know reynolds' departure had a negative effect on the boys. If klemmer's departure has a reynolds effect we may be on trouble

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did anyone hear how klemmer's relationship with the dogs deteriorated so much that he hasn't even spoken to dean pay. I really hope that there aren't a bunch of players that are on klemmer's side. I hope the players can move on. I know reynolds' departure had a negative effect on the boys. If klemmer's departure has a reynolds effect we may be on trouble

The only remaining players from that team are Jacko and Tolman... Jacko seems like he has a good relationship with Pay so I don't think there is much to worry about

Stuart Thomas

Waterboy
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry mr Stuart Thomas, you just remind me of a white knight lol and using the rhetoric of daily telegraph is racist to get the popular vote so to speak. You seem like a cool dude though. Power and prosperity to the non bonary bulldogs of 2019.
How dare you even mention that paper in reference to me. It is everything I am fighting against! I still like you.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How dare you even mention that paper in reference to me. It is everything I am fighting against! I still like you.
I think you misunderstood. I am in no way alligning you with dailytelegraph. Merely that you’re using the age old rhetoric that dailytelegraph doesn’t like the bulldogs because there’s a lot of ya Lebo fans lol.
I still like you too fwend

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was all 100% about money, and his wife wanting to move closer to her sister.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Klemmer is pussy whipped and always will be.

***** a glorfied handbag.
I think he's still salty after a fan called him soft and that he cant offload the ball. A week after he talking about "real fans" in one of those bulldogs.com.au videos.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did the Knights illegally plant the seed in the head of a contracted player?
Spot on. This was the first thing that I said when this whole saga started playing out.
The NRL should come out and use this to their advantage by investigating it and even hand down a severe punishment like the AFL do. It will show credibility in the hierarchy.
But guess what? Nothing. To even put credibility and the NRL in the same sentence is stupid of me. #NRLareturds #needabetterleague

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Too long for you?
Not at all. I'm a senior enough manager for an ASX 50, so I spent most of my life writing and reading board reports.

I just felt that your articles don't actually add any value. There are lots of words on the page but nothing that offers a new idea or a new angle on any stories.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

Go Dogs
If that's the case, then he takes his emotional issues with him to the Knights. If the Knights can't fix his little red wagon, he becomes their problem under their cap.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
As much as people are critical of Dylan Napa, when he missed those weeks at the backend of the season, the Roosters lost a lot of their mongrel. In the grand final against Melbourne, he was excellent. His defence was brutal & his discipline was faultless.
Some players need a change of scenery, I reckon Napa will be the perfect example.
And he brings a winning attitude to the team. He will be hungry to take another GF with a new team.

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Do you want a list, OK just from memory a few highlights;
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
James Maloney
Joseph Leilua
David Shillington
Sam Perrett (obviously)
George Rose (everyone's favourite)
Anthony Tupou
Justin Hodges