Social Media Dylan Brown to the dogs - 5 years @ $5 mill??

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
We need a half too mate
Yes true not dylan brown.

We can work with what we have atm until a decent half that fits the bill along side burto but a 9 is massive priority.

If we get vaughan and another young powerful polynesian or an islander (forward) then were starting to look competitive.

Get rid of Dan Ferris asap aswel.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great defender and ball runner. Doesn't do much organising and I don't think his kicking game is great. Definitely only worth around the 550k mark

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Few things I’d raise there though.

1. We aren’t as bad as we were set when we got jac over the line.

2. Jac at 500-550k is probably at least 200-350k less than we would have to pay smith.

3. I’d be more nervous about Brandon lasting 4-5 years than jac.

4. Jac signed surely helps as he’s close mates.

I think 3 years is ideal for Brandon even at 800k+ but if it took 4 I’d take it. Hell I’d be fine if he’s a mil the way he’s played and now with Gus and the way we are building as we could surely knock couple hundred k there and most contracts in third parties alot easier now.

Blokes a beast and what we need badly.
You sign him for 5 years without thinking about it if that’s the key to get him over the line

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You sign him for 5 years without thinking about it if that’s the key to get him over the line
Agreed although at the right price for a contract that long, even allowing for the way he plays, he seems durable and should still be playing pretty well enough until then. Then there's no more will he stay or not in 2 or 3 years time.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
As if Dylan Brown is a $1m pa player. Put out by his manager eh.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Consider the source... should be enough to see this is total bullshit!

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Burton would suit an organising half as his partner over a runner. Burton and Browns strengths are running as opposed to organising. I honestly thought that Barrett would at least give Flanagan a crack next year with a new spine and stronger side overall seeing as though he is meant to be a "organiser". There aren't many quality halves that fit that mould either so I'd rather stick with averillo for cheaper than recruit brown, or maybe give BBO a go in the trials at 7
Barrett has come out publicly and has stated that Flanagan isn’t going anywhere, he will be a Bulldog in 2022!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hope not.

he’s an OK player, but not for the doggies thanks..!!

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the board will be fired a short time after if they pay him that much. There is only a few players in the game worth $1,000,000 a season and they usually play State of Origin. He would be worth about $600,000 at the most a season - and that’s pushing it.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
On NRL360 tonight they said his market value is 550k

Sounds about right

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think the board will be fired a short time after if they pay him that much. There is only a few players in the game worth $1,000,000 a season and they usually play State of Origin. He would be worth about $600,000 at the most a season - and that’s pushing it.
Not even 600k look at his this year stats and tell me is overrated