Official Dylan Brown signs with Eels

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
2 mil over 3 years.

Parramatta rookie Dylan Brown has agreed to a new three-year $2 million extension with the Eels to keep him at the club until at least 2023.

NRL.com understands the Eels and Brown's management came to an agreement on Tuesday afternoon to ensure the young Kiwi doesn't depart the Eels despite plenty of interest from rival clubs.

The Eels are expected to upgrade Brown's contract for 2020 and have offered him around $650,000 a year for the following three years.

Brown made his NRL debut in round 1 and contributed four tries and five try assists in 15 games. He scored twice in Parramatta's record-breaking 58-0 finals win over the Broncos in the first round of the playoffs, and represented New Zealand in October's World Cup 9s tournament.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
These ***** are way over the cap surely. Apparently looking at Xerri aswell. WTF.

Every couple of years the NRL will try and get a bit of a fairytale GF winner. Souths, cowboys, sharks, roosters being the fairytale double and now lettin Parra try and buy a comp

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That's a lot of money. I can see the potential but he was a bit of a passenger this year. I guess if they wanted to keep him they had to meet in the middle of their original offer and rival offers.

I've been thinking the Eels were over the salary cap before they got the Spoon in 2018. I'm not sure how they keep doing it.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How the fuck are parra under the cap they buy whoever they want and pay top dollar as well

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't really get the hype around this guy..........

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The figures below are estimates based on what's been reported and would be near the mark. These nine players would take up just over $5 million of the cap.

As I've said numerous times, over half the comp is cheating the cap and nothing is done about it.

Gutherson - 650k
D. Brown - 650k
Moses - 850k
N. Brown - 600k
Matterson - 500k
Paulo - 500k
Ferguson - 600k
Sivo - 400k
Blake - 350k

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The figures below are estimates based on what's been reported and would be near the mark. These nine players would take up just over $5 million of the cap.

As I've said numerous times, over half the comp is cheating the cap and nothing is done about it.

Gutherson - 650k
D. Brown - 650k
Moses - 850k
N. Brown - 600k
Matterson - 500k
Paulo - 500k
Ferguson - 600k
Sivo - 400k
Blake - 350k
Very accurate figures too its fucking suss as

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Sorry, he's not worth that right now.

Where are the Eels getting this coin anyway?
New stadium NRL lets them cheat to earn revenue back through shady dealings with state government... Remember they cheated the cap and never really paid the price. We are legitimately the only team recently who has released players to stay under the cap and we've inadvertently been punished for it

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
In no way am I having a shot at our board here... but how do clubs retain all this talent on multimillion dollar deals?? Will that be us in a few years when all our youngsters start coming through?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
he has potential, but not really disappointed or surprised..!!

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's massive overs and really short term thinking.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ffs another off this so-called "list" of people we were never gonna sign

There's gotta be an investigation!!! :sob:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Andrew Johns in an Eels shirt too.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Gutherson - 650k
D. Brown - 650k
Moses - 850k
N. Brown - 600k
Matterson - 500k
Paulo - 500k
Ferguson - 600k
Sivo - 400k
Blake - 350k
I thought Gutho extended this year for close to 900K?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I thought Gutho extended this year for close to 900K?
Maybe. I was being conservative with the figures to point out that even then those nine players take up $5 million.

So imagine how over the cap they are if they're paying those nine players more and when you factor in what the other 21 players in the squad are earning!

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe. I was being conservative with the figures to point out that even then those nine players take up $5 million.

So imagine how over the cap they are if they're paying those nine players more and when you factor in what the other 21 players in the squad are earning!
Agreed, was one of the first things I thought of when I posted this one. They have some top $ players now and have added some more recently. RCG wouldn't be on peanuts either for his 5 year deal

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Agreed, was one of the first things I thought of when I posted this one. They have some top $ players now and have added some more recently. RCG wouldn't be on peanuts either for his 5 year deal
No he wouldn't cos he had a massive 5? year deal with Pennies which Eels took over (or so)