Dying boy’s tragic last words after horror crash at primary school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A FATHER who helped lift a car off a schoolboy after a fatal crash in southwest Sydney has described the heartbreaking moment.

A NEIGHBOUR who tried to help save a boy killed when a car ploughed into a primary school has described the tragic aftermath of the fatal crash.

The man, who has a daughter at the school, helped three tradies lift the Toyota 4WD off an unconscious boy while another man pulled the child out from under the vehicle.

Meanwhile, the neighbour said, he could hear another injured boy lying nearby calling for his mother.

“He was saying ‘I want my mum’,” the man told the Daily Telegraph . “She wouldn’t have got to see him before he died.

“He had a big gash in his head.”

Two boys, both aged eight, died following the crash and three girls were badly injured.

Witnesses who rushed to the scene after hearing the commotion described seeing kids screaming for their parents in a scene of “carnage”.

Students told of the panic after the out-of-control Toyota Kluger driven by a 52-year-old woman smashed into a weatherboard building at Banksia Road Primary School in Greenacre in Sydney’s southwest. The woman has now been charged.

It took four men to lift the Toyota Kluger off an unconscious boy at Banksia Primary School in Greenacre. Picture: Hollie Adams/The AustralianSource:News Corp Australia

Tarik, a student in 3T, said: “The car crashed into the room … I saw one of my friends faint … I started crying. It sounded like a big pop”.

The two boys were declared dead when they arrived at The Children’s Hospital at Westmead. The eight-year-old girls were transported to the same hospital in a stable condition, and one nine-year-old girl was also taken there in a serious condition.

Student Remas Shebhavalvem, 9, who is in Year 4, was visibly upset when she came out of the school. She was told her friend in Year 3 had a broken leg.

“I heard a bang in the classroom and we thought it was nothing. But then the teachers came and screamed at us to leave everything,” she told News Corp Australia’s Canterbury-Bankstown Express.

The car smashed straight through the classroom. Picture: AAPSource:AAP

She said she was “super scared” especially when she noticed one of her friends hadn’t emerged from the ruined classroom.

Isaac Tayba, who rushed to the school where his nephew is a Year 3 student, said it was a tragedy to see what happened.

“It was a difficult moment, we all left our jobs and rushed here,” Mr Tayba said.

“You’ve got mothers over there fainting, you’ve got paramedics dealing with all the mothers and everyone is just nervous that it’s their child.”

“Apparently I think she (the driver) drove in there and instead of maybe pressing the brake, she might have hit the accelerator.”

Police from Bankstown Local Area Command and Metropolitan Crash Investigation Unit are investigating and have established a crime scene.

The female driver, 52, was uninjured but has been taken to hospital for routine blood and urine tests. On Tuesday afternoon police confirmed she had been charged with dangerous driving occasioning death, driving in a dangerous manner and negligent driving.

She was granted conditional bail to appear at Bankstown Local Court on Wednesday, November 29.

Students leaving with their parents from Banksia Road Primary School in Greenacre.Source:News Corp Australia

Police and paramedics at the scene in Greenacre.Source:AAP

The school is notifying parents to pick their children up. Police are asking parents who are collecting their children to attend the Boronia Rd school entrance.

A tradie called Paul was one of three tradesmen who helped lift the front of the Toyota off one of the injured children. They then performed CPR.

“It wasn’t just me, there were a lot of people here helping this morning,” he said.

Khaled Arnaourt told Fairfax what he saw when he was one of the first to arrive at the scene.

“I heard a loud bang but I didn’t take much notice of it. I was just about to hop into the car to get going and then I heard kids screaming. My daughter goes to that school. I ran across the road there was a big hole in the building. Teachers and everyone were just running around. There was blood and kids on the floor, just lying down and screaming.”

Many local parents took to Facebook to beg for answers as they rushed to the scene. One distressed mother said she hadn’t heard from her child and feared the worst.

Another parent tried to calm her.

“My husband is there if the parents have not been called it means that their child is ok, the parents or the children being affected has been notified, please don’t stress,’ she posted.

One woman summed up the mood of many in the community: “Imagine sending your kids to school not knowing they’ll never come back. How heartbreaking. I can’t imagine what the parents must be going through.”

More to come.

Know more? Email: andrew.koubaridis@news.com.au

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's astonishing how many times you hear of these kind of things happening.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Very sad. I have no idea how this could've happened. Why didn't that school have a fence/gate around it like all the other public schools?

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
How the fuck did she plough through a classroom when she was in the fucking car park? It's not like she was on an 80km/h road...and the classroom was at the end of the car park, so she had a shit load of time to realise where she was. I feel sorry for her kids as well as the two boys that died.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The **** is refusing to be interviewed apparently

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
She dropped her water bottle , went to pick it up and pressed on the accelerator by accident.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Too many "new Australians" don't know how to drive, plain and simple.
Also many Australians, new and old, don't know how to drive.
I made a thread on this calling out the south west of Sydney a while back as the worst offenders for shit driving.

Seriously how do you, while sober, crash into an old shitty weatherboard building and run over a heap of kids?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sadly tragic stuff like this happens more often then you think. My wife is a pediatric nurse, and she also works in emergencies so i hear these kind of stories regularly. We live less then 40 mins from the pyrenees mountains and many ski fields so theres always ski accidents etc.
Recently she had a kid who was actually ok, but the story goes that a guy was driving his car on the motorway towing a horse float and he crashed, the horses escaped, and then the boys dad hit one of the horses and the boy went through the window. Its like hollywood. So much crazy shit happens every day. Its really sad.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
"I dropped my water bottle" BULLSHIT!!!

1. She shouldn't have been inside the CLOSED gates of the school STAFF car park. So there's that.
2. If she could fucking see where she was driving, she wouldn't have crashed.

View from driver:
upload_2017-11-9_13-41-58.png

She's probably not speaking because she's in damage control knowing exactly what caused it (in reality) and "the community" would be telling her not to speak either.

Imagine the uproar if it's released to the public (and via Police investigation), that it was her niqab that caused it.

With all the heat on banning the niqab already, this just adds more fuel to the fire. Probably had the head rag on, that got caught (or shifted), and she couldn't see. Still doesn't explain why she was in the staff car park and had opened the closed gates though.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score

1. She shouldn't have been inside the CLOSED gates of the school STAFF car park. So there's that.

View from driver:
View attachment 4299

She's probably not speaking because she's in damage control knowing exactly what caused it (in reality) and "the community" would be telling her not to speak either.

Imagine the uproar if it's released to the public (and via Police investigation), that it was her niqab that caused it.

With all the heat on banning the niqab already, this just adds more fuel to the fire. Probably had the head rag on, that got caught (or shifted), and she couldn't see. Still doesn't explain why she was in the staff car park and had opened the closed gates though.
Honest question here - what's the rules around wearing garments like the niqab while driving? Or is it a case of, there are no rules?

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Alright. Deleted my last comment because 2mins after I posted it, my wife came in and told me who the lady is, why she was in the school carpark and that she's not actually a Niqabi.

I think the parent of one of the boys is a Niqabi from what I gathered.

Last edited:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

View from driver:
View attachment 4299

I do not feel sorry for her at all.
I'm sure she didn't intend to kill the children , I'm sure this wasn't even a consideration when the prohibited signs were erected but her arrogance and disrespect towards her own children's school rules has manifested into this tragedy.
Fucking stupid idiot, thing is she has 4 kids who if they were anything like mine would've told her many times that shes not allowed to go in there.
I couldnt even use the council driveway in front of the car park to do a u-turn without my kids freaking out!!
Rules are rules and especially important when you're meant to be an example to young people.

I was talking to one of the patients on the night it happened and he was telling me in his religion it was God's will and that poor lady was just a pawn ! Fmd no no no.

The mother of one of the children came into the hospital for treatment that night and I just couldn't help crying my heart out for her but she'll be consolled by those bullshit words.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Honest question here - what's the rules around wearing garments like the niqab while driving? Or is it a case of, there are no rules?
Bit of a tricky one. I don't think there's any rules preventing a person with a Niqab from driving but if they wear a Niqab then there's a good chance their husband doesn't let them drive.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
She was in the faculty carpark because she's a Qur'an teacher at that school.

It's not that she's refusing to speak, she's in shock because she doesn't even know what happened.

From what I've been told, she knows the the parents of one of the boys and they've said that she actually is a wonderful women who has no issues with driving, let alone reckless driving.

I feel for her because she has to live the rest of her life with what has happened, but more so, my heart bleeds for the kids who lost their lives and the parents who have to live the rest of theirs without their child.

My prayers for all of them.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Bit of a tricky one. I don't think there's any rules preventing a person with a Niqab from driving but if they wear a Niqab then there's a good chance their husband doesn't let them drive.
You'd be surprised mate.
My area is overrun by Niqabis in Minivans that don't believe in checking blindspots or if theres any cars coming when they pull out for that matter.

They all drive and they're all dangerous as fuck behind the wheel.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Alright. Deleted my last comment because 2mins after I posted it, my wife came in and told me who the lady is, why she was in the school carpark and that she's not actually a Niqabi.

I think the parent of one of the boys is a Niqabi from what I gathered.
Your wife's right .. I saw a pic of her

Status
Not open for further replies.