DWZ

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
That's star full back money...
Star fullback money is $1m a season.

That's unless you are the Chooks then it's $300k, 'cause they never ever pay anyone more than $300k while they are there and then it's $1m when they leave.

Go Dogs

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
WTTTTTTTAF! How the fuck did anyone re-sign this flog for $550k a season. He has had some good games for the Bulldogs and showed some ticker but not one of those games have been in 2020. $550k WTF already!
Over $1.1m per season just on DWZ and Cotric and some people still want us stop spend more on the outside backs and buy JAC and Johnston lol.

I think when he's playing his absolute best he's worth almost 500k..that's when he's getting our sets rolling and punching out around 200m, making multiple offloads, finishing tries and not dropping the fucking ball. Unfortunately DWZ has been patchy for most his career and has periods where he simply can't catch a ball, 450k really should've been the absolute max we offered him while the idea of playing fullback should've been shut down instantly.

Hopefully Cotric doesn't turn our to be another DWZ, I wanted him and think he has the skillset to be a dominant centre for us but the risk is still there while the money he's getting is huge. Also rumoured that he might've been recruited to play fullback and that slightly scares me..

Anyway I think most people should agree that we can't be spending any more money on our outside backs unless there are some outgoings...the next key signing needs has to be in the spine while a strike forward would also be nice addition.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The rich list claims DWZ is on 550k a season...such a waste of valuable funds, ridiculous decision. Api meanwhile is on 500k.. so like I thought at the time it looks like we offered him less than we were willing to pay DWZ lol.
Which of our other players made the rich list? Anyone with access please let me know.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Star fullback money is $1m a season.

That's unless you are the Chooks then it's $300k, 'cause they never ever pay anyone more than $300k while they are there and then it's $1m when they leave.

Go Dogs
Funny I heard today Hargreaves is getting his house built for " free" . 800k worth.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Let me put it in perspective for you.

Having DWZ in the team at the moment means we are not going to complete at least 2.4 sets a game. That's abysmal.
Wow tough marker Malla.. Im glad your not the coach..
So lets talk Stats then if you want to judge players value to the Bulldogs..

Yea he leads the team this year in mistakes but....
DWZ also leads our team in

-Av Most running mtrs 165 mtrs pg
-Runs pg 19
-Most offloads 18
-Most tackle breaks 25

So DWZ stats show its 12 of last 5 games errors of a total 19 for the season. Av 1.9 per game..

-1.8 offloads pg
-2.5 tackle breaks pg
-165 mtrs pg
-19 runs pg

The kids playing in different positions because he can! Injuries,suspensions to others means his versatility is valueable to any NRL club..

Conclusion I still have him as a great contributor to this club even when we are getting "flogged" a term some love to say on the kennel love to repeat like flogging something else..

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
DWZ has a motor and tries hard, he’s always full pace, gets hit an bounces back up, haven’t seen the best of him yet, he is much better than what we’ve been seeing.!!
I’d like to rewind to posts from last year where everyone loved him, he was the difference when he came across, we often are way too quick to judge on here.

He runs the ball back with intent and does everything at full pace, I like him, if he can handle the high ball, I don’t mind him on the wing or FB. I’m more worried where they play Averillo

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’d like to rewind to posts from last year where everyone loved him, he was the difference when he came across, we often are way too quick to judge on here.

He runs the ball back with intent and does everything at full pace, I like him, if he can handle the high ball, I don’t mind him on the wing or FB. I’m more worried where they play Averillo
You mustn't like winning if you want him anywhere near fullback.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DWZ like Smith are wingers and nothing more. They simply don't have the skillset for fullback or centre.
U would have to say that on current form they wouldn’t make first grade at any club,dwz costs us 2 to 3 tries a game every week with his mistakes

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was happy tbh when I saw he was on 550k. Some of you guys were saying he was being paid FB money. Doesn't look like that to me, well maybe an average FB.

Looks like he is on par with top winger money. We're still overs paying because he isnt a top winger either lol.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pretty sure we won a fair few games with him at fullback last season and I think most would agree DWZ playing fullback is not the reason we can’t win games, we need a quality spine to be a serious contender

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Pretty sure we won a fair few games with him at fullback last season and I think most would agree DWZ playing fullback is not the reason we can’t win games, we need a quality spine to be a serious contender
Who cares, those wins didn't mean shit and are exactly why we're 1-9 right now. 550k for DWZ absolutely contributes to why we can't win games.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Remember Hoppa was there Morris before etc..Post Barba we havent had a game breaker.. @ FB.
DWZ was the NZ captain when he joined. and we rejoiced. Shame the suporters cant see his class.
Wonder why Player Managers seem to recieve loads of support from this chaos.. Fans ,media and poor club bosses.
Wonder why we lose so many rep players these days??

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I will wait and see what Barrett does with DWZ. Hopefully he will be worth every cent with a new coach.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Remember Hoppa was there Morris before etc..Post Barba we havent had a game breaker.. @ FB.
DWZ was the NZ captain when he joined. and we rejoiced. Shame the suporters cant see his class.
Wonder why Player Managers seem to recieve loads of support from this chaos.. Fans ,media and poor club bosses.
Wonder why we lose so many rep players these days??
His class? You mean all the errors he makes? On his day he can be a VERY good winger, but that's all he is. Unfortunately for us we signed him on massive overs and to play a position where he very clearly isn't fit to play, not to mention he has always been a player that has had patchy form and struggled with errors.

I don't give a shit that he's the NZ captain, 550k for a winger in our current situation is ridiculous, even more so when you see the Panthers nailed Api for 500k. He hasn't provided anywhere near 550k value so far, do you disagree with that?

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
His class? You mean all the errors he makes? On his day he can be a VERY good winger, but that's all he is. Unfortunately for us we signed him on massive overs and to play a position where he very clearly isn't fit to play, not to mention he has always been a player that has had patchy form and struggled with errors.

I don't give a shit that he's the NZ captain, 550k for a winger in our current situation is ridiculous, even more so when you see the Panthers nailed Api for 500k. He hasn't provided anywhere near 550k value so far, do you disagree with that?
So again error stat is your main default sir.. I see stats are your thing for value..

Have a read of the curent stats leaders in our wonderful bottom of the NRL team.. I think hes great.. Its not his fault he has great management or ours had to pay overs.. He has flaws agreed.. Not as many as the rest of the squad however..

FyI look at my earlier stat report to save looking up the NRL stats page

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So again error stat is your main default sir.. I see stats are your thing for value..

Have a read of the curent stats leaders in our wonderful bottom of the NRL team.. I think hes great.. Its not his fault he has great management or ours had to pay overs.. He has flaws agreed.. Not as many as the rest of the squad however..

FyI look at my earlier stat report to save looking up the NRL stats page
His errors have absolutely killed us and we have conceded multiple tries off the back of them. Don't let a little crush blind you.