DWZ

Malla

Reaction score
No there isn’t. There literally isn't. I’d go as far as saying that what you just said has never been done by any team let alone more then one team.
Sarcasm isn't your thing ay.

You are telling me that 12 errors in 5 games by one player is first grade standard?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Absolutely. If you are going to run your heart out then drop it, youre better off just falling to the ground as soon as you catch the ball.

Who cares if he runs hard. Stop making mistakes you flog.
Ahhh name calling Lol the old defence mechanism when you’re made to look stupid.

Malla

Reaction score
Ahhh name calling Lol the old defence mechanism when you’re made to look stupid.
I am made to look stupid because one of our highest paid backs has made 12 mistakes in 5 games - average 2.4 per game this year? That makes me look stupid? OK

Malla

Reaction score
Let me put it in perspective for you.

Having DWZ in the team at the moment means we are not going to complete at least 2.4 sets a game. That's abysmal.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let me put it in perspective for you.

Having DWZ in the team at the moment means we are not going to complete at least 2.4 sets a game. That's abysmal.
So you’re going to use his stats form what the last two games? Three games? His shirt career at the Dogs or his entire NRL career?

Malla

Reaction score
So you’re going to use his stats form what the last two games? Three games? His shirt career at the Dogs or his entire NRL career?
12 mistakes in 5 games.

Unless you're saying that in the first 3 games he made 0 mistakes and the 12 mistakes were only from the last 2 games? Then that would be a bigger problem my friend lol.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
12 mistakes in 5 games.

Unless you're saying that in the first 3 games he made 0 mistakes and the 12 mistakes were only from the last 2 games? Then that would be a bigger problem my friend lol.
Well why are we only using the last 5 games as a gauge ?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As far as I am aware we have only played 5 games this season. Unless you know something I dont?
if you’re going to use statistics why just use the past 5 games though? It’s hardly a accurate gauge of what kind of player he is.

Malla

Reaction score
if you’re going to use statistics why just use the past 5 games though? It’s hardly a accurate gauge of what kind of player he is.
He had his first full off season with us training at fullback and its round 4 and he's already been moved to wing/centre. Its accurate.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Give me DWZ making some errors but bringing the ball back with intent each and every time, as opposed to Meaney who makes less errors but gets man-handled in every single tackle.

Plenty of other targets from last night, I think DWZ is the least of our worries, should be on the wing though....

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think he was ok for us at centre. Better than Smith. He needs to cut out his errors and he would be a top player for us. He is the least of our worries for now. As long as he is not playing fullback.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think real question should he asked
Why has his form deteriorated so much from last year . Can pull all the stats you want , at end of the day he does not seem to be playing as good

Malla

Reaction score
I think real question should he asked
Why has his form deteriorated so much from last year . Can pull all the stats you want , at end of the day he does not seem to be playing as good
This is the question to ask. What are we doing/not doing in training that results in the development of our players to go backwards.

Players come to us and get worse.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats wrong with this flog? Has about 8 errors in him per game now. Couldn't run a bath let alone the ball without dropping it.

Starting to think Pay has made another shit call by signing him. Did we really pay him to play fullback for us and literally 2 weeks in to 2020 move him to the wing, and then Centre?

Seriously... does Pay think he's coaching an A grade team?
Lol at flog

Malla

Reaction score
You serious FFS! he ran the ball harder then anyone from both teams. Took the hard hit ups when he and everyone else knew there was nothing but a brick wall and a belting waiting for him. He tried offloading and yeah had mistakes in him but is that where we are at now? Calling out anyone and everyone? if you’re going to sit here and point out his cons then talk about the good things he does and did for our team too.
How'd the hard running go for him last night?

His error rate must be at 5 a game now surely?

When we looked like we were getting back in the game, DWZ drop ball leading to a Souths try that ended it.

Not a fullback, barely a winger. Maybe he needs to bulk up and become a forward with his hard running.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m wondering if that injury from last year has him gun shy. He seemed hesitant to tackle with his shoulder last night when it was really needed (Johnson try in first half, Walker try in 2nd half).

He’s not playing well at FB as it is, if he’s gun shy as well, to continue picking him there is idiotic

Malla

Reaction score
I’m wondering if that injury from last year has him gun shy. He seemed hesitant to tackle with his shoulder last night when it was really needed (Johnson try in first half, Walker try in 2nd half).

He’s not playing well at FB as it is, if he’s gun shy as well, to continue picking him there is idiotic
Meaney needs to be there. Meaney had a couple glimpses yesterday of some good footwork and speed - was almost in the clear a few times. He is much safer under the high ball and his overall ball control is much better.

It's kinda like picking the least smelling bog of shit at the moment

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hes still one of the more effective players in our backline..

Sure hes made a few errors but im not gonna bag him out, hes part of a very small group of players we have in FG i would keep for the future..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

DWZ has always been like this and it's why he has no business playing in a key position. This is just another failure by the club, yes he can be a very good winger but unfortunately we signed him with the intention of playing him at fullback and that was very clearly never going to work out.