Official DWZ re-signs 2022

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
DWZ: What a privilege it is to be a part of such an amazing club

Following the announcement of his re-signing, Bulldogs fullback Dallin Watene-Zelezniak has taken to social media to thank the club, as well as its members and fans.

Watene-Zelezniak committed to the club for a further two years, keeping him in the blue and white until the end of the 2022 season.

He arrived at Belmore midway through last year and had an immediate impact on the playing group through his actions on and off the field.

His arrival coincided with the team winning seven of its final ten matches and his performances in the fullback role left many of the clubs’ loyal members and fans impressed each and every week.

The 24-year old says it’s a privilege to be a part of an amazing club and is excited for the next three years.

“What a privilege it is to be a part of such an amazing club. On behalf of my wife and kids we just want to say thank you to the Bulldogs for having us around for the next three years and putting so much faith and belief in us since day one. To the fans and members, thank you also for your love and support. Can’t wait for next season to have you guys pushing us along in every game as well. Your faith and belief in us, is what is going to help,” Watene-Zelezniak posted on Instagram.

The Kiwi international played 10 matches for the club, averaged 142 metres per games, including a season high of 227 against the Newcastle Knights in Round 17, as well as 40 tackle breaks.

The St Clair Comets junior will return to pre-season training on November 20 in preparation for the 2020 season.

Source

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a legend! Saying all the right things. Next in line for captain

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DWZ: What a privilege it is to be a part of such an amazing club

Source
After all the shit the dogs have gone through, while at the same time the Rorters were continually getting the golden child treatment, this story and the Latrell/Rorters falling out is a nice 180° flip.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
a no brainer signing - I would have signed him for 5 years.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So..has a price been reported at all yet or no? Safe to assume no more than 550k?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I thought 500-600k was what he's worth. I like comparing him to CNK (Raiders Fullback) - very similar just minus the experience and leadership qualities, who I think is worth 400-500k and resigned for 330k. I wouldn't be surprised if DWZ was on 600-700k. Imagine the scenes if the club didn't resign DWZ, he probably got the amount he was after. They did wait until after November so you never know. We have him now tho so hopefully he can replicate some of his form from last season. If he doesn't I'm sure people will be complaining about him playing Fullback (?) and his price tag.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is the Best player news weve had in ages..

joedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Great signing good to see his hard work honoured.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
So..has a price been reported at all yet or no? Safe to assume no more than 550k?
I know that the recent speculated deals have thrown people’s perception of player value but if it’s any more than $500K then we’re kidding ourselves. Love the bloke though, goes hard.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Gutho jagged 700k then this bloke is worth a mil... hahaha

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
if DWZ played the full season with us he would have been the buy of the year... and people whinge about our recruitment

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I know that the recent speculated deals have thrown people’s perception of player value but if it’s any more than $500K then we’re kidding ourselves. Love the bloke though, goes hard.
I agree, I'm defenitely not set on him being a long-term option at fullback until he shows more with the ball in hand, so hopefully we didn't commit too much coin at this stage.

Banned
Reaction score
I agree, I'm defenitely not set on him being a long-term option at fullback until he shows more with the ball in hand, so hopefully we didn't commit too much coin at this stage.
Despite him probably being one of our best backs in the last score?