Other News Source Dufty to Dogs on 3 year deal

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think there’s issues between Griffin and Dufty, when asked the question on Dufty being the best player for the Dragons in the first half, he was quick to water it down and give credit to the halves...

If you want to retain those players, particularly when off contract, that’s probably not the way to do it. I’d say Griffin is ok with Dufty leaving knowing young Ramsey is their future in that role...

I can only think of Broncos and Warriors outside of us that may need a legit fullback..

For me it’s always been Dufty or Will Kennedy or go very hard for Papenhuyzen. starting to warm to Niko Hines, very clever between the ears.
There are always issues between dufty and whoever he plays with and for.
Ask James Graham. Ask Mary Macgregor.
Don’t want Dufty

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would rather Hynes, playing really well this year and has a decent footy brain by the way he plays. I think his preferred position of 5/8 suits him better but the ball playing he possesses makes him a dangerous fullback too. With Naden and the Fox in support, he wouldnt need to be the fastest bloke on the field anyway

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need a fast fullback. Look at the good sides. Melbourne = paps, manly = Tommy Tubo. And on and on. With a genuine fullback that’s fast they can make something from nothing. Turbo chimes in to the backline usally with basic run around. From what I’ve seen in juniors that’s one thing we haven’t got comming through a true speedster.
I think if we go to market we need a 1,9 and what ever is left go for a run of the back fence type prop we already have ball playing props!
Our priority need to be a real footballer at the back with pace. A 9 who had good hands that knows when to run. That will improve us ! But I don’t think Hyines is what we need at this point in time.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need a fast fullback. Look at the good sides. Melbourne = paps, manly = Tommy Tubo. And on and on. With a genuine fullback that’s fast they can make something from nothing. Turbo chimes in to the backline usally with basic run around. From what I’ve seen in juniors that’s one thing we haven’t got comming through a true speedster.
I think if we go to market we need a 1,9 and what ever is left go for a run of the back fence type prop we already have ball playing props!
Our priority need to be a real footballer at the back with pace. A 9 who had good hands that knows when to run. That will improve us ! But I don’t think Hyines is what we need at this point in time.
We’ve deadset had the slowest ***** in this team for the last 5 years. The fastest players in our team would be Thompson and Hetherington. Even Cocktrich isn’t fast but he at least has strength. Hoppa.. fuck me dead. Meaney has a bit of pace in a straight line but not too agile off the mark. Tui Katia... well he’s not even supposed to be in first grade so let’s go easy on him.

Next year the backline should consist of JAC and Okunbor on the wings (finally we will be able to get a good start to our sets most of the time). Cotric as one centre, the other is up for grabs (Schoupp pick it up son). And fullback... I don’t know, Avo? or DWZ. That’s a powerful running backline with good pace spread through it.

Reactions: ATT

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We’ve deadset had the slowest ***** in this team for the last 5 years. The fastest players in our team would be Thompson and Hetherington. Even Cocktrich isn’t fast but he at least has strength. Hoppa.. fuck me dead. Meaney has a bit of pace in a straight line but not too agile off the mark. Tui Katia... well he’s not even supposed to be in first grade so let’s go easy on him.

Next year the backline should consist of JAC and Okunbor on the wings (finally we will be able to get a good start to our sets most of the time). Cotric as one centre, the other is up for grabs (Schoupp pick it up son). And fullback... I don’t know, Avo? or DWZ. That’s a powerful running backline with good pace spread through it.
JAC will probably be fullback at this rate....

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Naden?

Malla

Reaction score
Mbye to Dragons

To play fullback?

Wonder if Dragons are even gonna offer Dufty a new deal lol bloke could be unemployed next year at this rate

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Got to find a spot for Allen as well :grinning:

At least we have some back up.

It's the running forwards to be bolstered now.
Yeah Allen could be fullback but just need to make sure we are moulding our plays around the players strength. Allen isn’t going to beat someone with pace.

Yeah need some grunt up front, no church boys anymore. And more size pleeeassee

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah Allen could be fullback but just need to make sure we are moulding our plays around the players strength. Allen isn’t going to beat someone with pace.

Yeah need some grunt up front, no church boys anymore. And more size pleeeassee
What is so disspiriting about us now is we based our club around running, punishing tough forwards. Thats our DNA.

We had the games best support player.

Our backs played second fiddle to our forward pack but always made the most of the opportunities they were presented.

The 3 strengths our club was founded on yet the 3 things furtherest away from what we have become.

The management of our club was been badly lacking, or even irresponsibly mismanaged, for more than a decade and we haven't kept up with the times or changes in the game.

It's certainly not going to change this year, but let's hope there is proper roster management implemented for next year and beyond.

Reactions: ATT

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The riff moved away from size several years ago. However there plan and it’s worked has been footballers first. Aggression second. With the ability to stay to there role. That in all grades even st Mary’s there feeder club have implemented it. And all there grades are winning. The establishment of the development center if done write will get us there again. It will take time but.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know for a fact Naden has been staying back educating the riff 20s on all things football , be interesting to see how many of our so called firsts are doing this?
Wendog33 hit the nail on the head. We lost our soul we said the words. Club first. But haven’t done it for years.
get back to developing footballers. Forget about size. These days with sports science they will fill them out. But get forwards who can play football heads up type.
read the game and you will be in the game.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Allan might be able to have a crack actually. He’s not fast but seems to read the game well. He did at south’s.
Ahh Allan...not sure what we do with him. I was hoping he could transition to centre but he really is about as agile as Hoppa. He could probably go to Melbourne and do as good as job as Hynes currently is...but for us I'm not sure.

Baz has a bit of an issue as our two key recruits from this season in Flanagan and Allan really don't fit the system Baz wants to play. Our 1, 6 and 7 all need strong running games and that's something both Flanagan and Allan simply don't have.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@ATT Did Naden used to play fullback in the lower grades? He might be a potential option at fullback now that I think about it..

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
@ATT Did Naden used to play fullback in the lower grades? He might be a potential option at fullback now that I think about it..
Naden and JAC should be a very decent combo....

Last time we had a combo like that was Josh Morris and Curtis Rona

Ideally we need to offload one of our highly overpaid wingers in Cotric or DWZ. Keep one of them on the wing and find another centre and FB. (Alamoti is a few years away). Nico Hynes would be value for money at 1.

First thing is to find 3 props and a Hooker

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Far out we're up to 3 props required now?....need to somehow offload some deadwood second rowers who are on plenty......make some room for the million new players we need to get!
DWZ has one more year dont agree with the offloading either "winger" idea but if someone wanted to take DWZ for free no freight i wouldnt be opposed to it, provided we had an alternate backup...he is definite FG quality and in a side going better improves too doesn't he?

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Naden and JAC should be a very decent combo....

Last time we had a combo like that was Josh Morris and Curtis Rona

Ideally we need to offload one of our highly overpaid wingers in Cotric or DWZ. Keep one of them on the wing and find another centre and FB. (Alamoti is a few years away). Nico Hynes would be value for money at 1.

First thing is to find 3 props and a Hooker
Hynes is a no go due to his history with Baz, members said Baz promised him so and so at Manly and then ghosted him when he got injured.

I think at this stage JAC, DWZ or Naden will end up at fullback next year. Primary role is essentially defensive duties, kick returns and ball running. Whoever can pass the ball best wins the spot lol.

Our forward pack is a fucking rabble, I will never understand why Baz brought fucking Waddell and Hetherington over as we pretty much have to find replacements for them already just a season later. Honestly my head hurts thinking about this, haven't even got to our backrowers yet...