News Dufty secures Super League deal; Hetherington eyes Knights

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you guys think that maybe poor performances from some players is because they have been told to look elsewhere?
Quite possibly.
if plodders want out on their own accord and we don't pay any freight, then good move by the club.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dufty secures Super League deal; Hetherington eyes Knights
Story by Daily Telegraph

Newcastle is preparing to table Canterbury firebrand Jack Hetherington a three-year deal as the roster revamp at Belmore is in full swing with fullback Matt Dufty moving on.

Hetherington’s discussions come as Dufty officially took up a two-year contract to join Warrington in the English Super League from next season.

Hetherington met with Knights officials on Friday as he prepares to exit at the end of the season.
Good luck to both players.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Most definitely if Dufty has signed with a English club we must play in NSW Cup, promote Carr

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be fair Vaughan us in top 10 currently in post contact meters, averaged 120m a game. 97% tackle efficiency. I know stat's aren't everything but he seems to be contributing enough. If we can keep him and move Thompson on, I'd say that's a win
You are a Burgler, what else do you want ? :tearsofjoy:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can see Dufty doing well in England.. less defence and more attack..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No reason to pick Dufty next week, but saying that there wasn't any reason to pick him this week either...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He has a M/O contract with us in another words no contract :-)
Both player and club need to agree and we're obviously not going to agree with the reported 500k amount.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Shame about both of them in some ways. Dufty has talent but is AWOL too much and I get why saints moved him on despite his talent. Also a poor defender. A shame he can't be a more complete player, he has skills and speed.

Hetherington goes well imo but doesn't play often enough to be good value and has discipline issues

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We’re the stupid c**** who offered Dufty a contract. We’re not offering him another one and he’s going elsewhere, I don’t get the hate. We were the only club who offered him a deal, the blame sits with Gould on this one, the player wasn’t becoming a superstar under tbags.
I agree, we took a cheap gamble and lost.
At least Gus didn't give a 3 years deal :relieved:

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He has a M/O contract with us in another words no contract :-)
always wondered what the point of a mutual option was - doesn't really commit anyone to anything?

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they are looking inside the club for a fullback , definitely give them ago now .

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do you guys think that maybe poor performances from some players is because they have been told to look elsewhere?
It would a very stupid way to go about it...
Remember these players need to impress to get a contract elsewhere.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would a very stupid way to go about it...
Remember these players need to impress to get a contract elsewhere.
Yes i agree , reason i say it is players have signed to go to other clubs pretty quick.