News Dufty secures Super League deal; Hetherington eyes Knights

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The good news just keeps on coming. I was hopeful when we signed Dufty, that he could be good, but it was optimistic folly tbh. He's just as unremarkable as he's always been. Throws the odd great pass or makes a good run, but is far from a reliable fullback.

Hetherington I wouldn't have minded keeping but only on $300k max.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Klemmer will be back at the Dogs 3yr deal @ 500k a year
Lowkey hope your right. Klemmer has been back to his similar State of Origin form this year. But that being said, when are you right?

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all know Dufty in open space is something else. We just haven’t seen much from him and his defensive one on ones have been disappointing. I would have loved to see more . Loss of an opportunity for him

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dufty secures Super League deal; Hetherington eyes Knights
Story by Daily Telegraph

Newcastle is preparing to table Canterbury firebrand Jack Hetherington a three-year deal as the roster revamp at Belmore is in full swing with fullback Matt Dufty moving on.

Hetherington’s discussions come as Dufty officially took up a two-year contract to join Warrington in the English Super League from next season.

Hetherington met with Knights officials on Friday as he prepares to exit at the end of the season.
Glad to see Hetherington go, suspensions, injuries it was always something and will always have a bullseye on his back in any team he represents, also we'll be improving before the Knights do so cya loser.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No surprises at the timing of confirming Duftys gig overseas so when he’s not named in the lineup this week it looks as though it’s because he’s signed with a new club and not because of his cat like efforts

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gotta say, Hetherington looked to play a bit different this season to his previous nutcase ways.
But, if you want to throw your toys out of the cot, piss off sunshine.
Yep i'm a fan but if he is spitting it and can earn a tonne more money elsewhere well good luck to Jack.
Guess Gus is on board with it and no longer sees enough value in him at the price.But i will say if we buy another guy like Sutton to replace then it's hardly a win win situation.
Maybe by some miracle Ray works out and is properly over the LTI? Or even better we could jag Matterson :hearteyes:

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We’re the stupid c**** who offered Dufty a contract. We’re not offering him another one and he’s going elsewhere, I don’t get the hate. We were the only club who offered him a deal, the blame sits with Gould on this one, the player wasn’t becoming a superstar under tbags.