Rumour Dufty in talks with the Bulldogs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Maybe he plays at fullback next year and kills it and I look like an idiot for saying it, but I don't know why we'd even consider it.

We've tried doing this with Perrett, Bmoz and DWZ in recent years and it's never worked out. Can't we just buy a fullback and play him there?
We'd consider it because DWZ, Meaney and Allan (in that order best to worse going off this season) aren't the answer either and we've spent too much salary cap in the backs to buy a fullback, Kennedy and Hynes were also the only fullbacks off contract (recently) you'd buy imo.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This isn’t a fuckin rumour
So it's a fact then, we are talking to Duffty then.........hmm

Barrett: What does the future hold for Duffty? [chuckles] Let's just say we've got a few ideas up our sleeve.
Homer: Like what?
Barrett: Um... I'd rather not get into it right now.
Homer: Why not?
Barrett: All right. We don't have any ideas for the future. We got nothing. Happy?
Homer: No. :(.............. :grinning:

1622632598821.png

WolfmanAmadeus

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Dufty is a spoilt Mung rat, no **** likes him after game day. Pure **** of a human. Just his facial expressions to ref's, don't need this runt at the dogs.

It would Be a disgrace if we sign this Fuck stick. Watching Jammer react to his on field Fuck ups, you can tell the guy is bad juju.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe he plays at fullback next year and kills it and I look like an idiot for saying it, but I don't know why we'd even consider it.

We've tried doing this with Perrett, Bmoz and DWZ in recent years and it's never worked out. Can't we just buy a fullback and play him there?
You’re talking about a badly managed club. From Dib/Rayray/Des garbage to the anderson insanity. The worst decisions were made during the anderson board era. Decisions like re-signing Floppa, dwz, pay, flooding our squad with out and out plodders. Teams are churning out fullbacksp like no tomorrow. Instead we have Dwz, meaney and corey allen.

Finally we have some stability and hopefully the garbage is well and truly behind us.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Barrett: What does the future hold for Duffty? [chuckles] Let's just say we've got a few ideas up our sleeve.
Barrett: All right. We don't have any ideas for the future. We got nothing. Happy?
DUff beer.jpeg

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dufty is a spoilt Mung rat, no **** likes him after game day. Pure **** of a human. Just his facial expressions to ref's, don't need this runt at the dogs.

It would Be a disgrace if we sign this Fuck stick. Watching Jammer react to his on field Fuck ups, you can tell the guy is bad juju.
wow..don't fuckin hold back champ..reckon the highlighted comment is particularly low though htf would you know what sort of bloke he is off field/in general life...

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Apparently he has a shit attitude at training and doesn’t get along with a lot of the playing group that’s why they want to get rid of him ASAP

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t know what Dufty does behind the scenes, how he trains and if he’s supposed to treat losses like a family funeral, but what I do know is, he is a genuine fullback, has pace, possesses one of the best cut-out passes in the game and is a very good support player. That’s a lot of boxes ticked... if he can come at a reasonable figure, we’d be stupid not to entertain it.

the12thman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don’t know what Dufty does behind the scenes, how he trains and if he’s supposed to treat losses like a family funeral, but what I do know is, he is a genuine fullback, has pace, possesses one of the best cut-out passes in the game and is a very good support player. That’s a lot of boxes ticked... if he can come at a reasonable figure, we’d be stupid not to entertain it.
I agree with this. It is a lot harder to coach skill and speed which Dufty has, rather than coaching attitude into a player.

A good coach should be able to take him to the next level.

In 2011 Barba had everything except defence and in 2012 Des toughened him up and he was smashing blokes

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
How much do you reckon?

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We'd consider it because DWZ, Meaney and Allan (in that order best to worse going off this season) aren't the answer either and we've spent too much salary cap in the backs to buy a fullback, Kennedy and Hynes were also the only fullbacks off contract (recently) you'd buy imo.
Maybe, but I'm not convinced by this theory. Yeah there could be some forwards that become available, but that's speculation at this point.
We need to deal in certainties until that point and other than Paul Vaughan there isn't any other forwards that really move the needle imo.

Dufty for a year to prove himself won't wreck the cap.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

View attachment 24952
Maybe, but I'm not convinced by this theory. Yeah there could be some forwards that become available, but that's speculation at this point.
We need to deal in certainties until that point and other than Paul Vaughan there isn't any other forwards that really move the needle imo.

Dufty for a year to prove himself won't wreck the cap.
Has anyone from the club commented on this?

As I said before it’s not a rumour. It’s just a journo saying the dogs could use him and then Isaac pulling a theory from his Tommy Haas saying Baz will use him as a hooker.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Has anyone from the club commented on this?

As I said before it’s not a rumour. It’s just a journo saying the dogs could use him and then Isaac pulling a theory from his Tommy Haas saying Baz will use him as a hooker.
I'm not commenting on that, I'm saying we should offer him a contract to play Fullback

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thats it. Just keep the contract short, and in our favour.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not commenting on that, I'm saying we should offer him a contract to play Fullback
Yeah I know so all good.

Its just that normally a player rumour involves someone from the club being quoted or someone with inside info saying we are chasing that player. From what I have heard or read Dufty hasnt even been mentioned as a potential signing.

It wouldnt worry me if we signed him but we would need to move on either DWZ or Allen.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sure TBaz connections at flagons will know what he is in for with Dufty... Hooker is big maybe... but why not...speed and defence absolutely the keys to our reform.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How much do you reckon?
Reasonable is 650k or thereabouts in my opinion, important to note most teams have a fullback so conversely Dufty’s manager is limited for choice, could be a win-win.