Rumour Dufty has signed

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's official, just got the email from the club..

Also on club site.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he has 10 try’s and 10 assists this year? But half his assists came against the broncos when they put on 50.

When dragons win he always seems to kill it. I think it’s 7 assists and 8 try’s in wins 6 wins.

Glad if it’s true it is a 1 year deal, because if dragons are shafting you then obviously you aren’t a superstar. Swap deal for hoppa for this season and 1 year contract for next year would be perfect.
Well those 5 try assists in one game are still more than Averillo has all season.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Hoppa going to Super League according to some others on here. So if they’re right Sleepy and you were half correct, you can have Monday, Wednesday, Friday and every second Thursday on The Kennel ok?
Nah good call mate.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly, I said I didn’t want him in a doggies jersey, I’m glad it’s only for 1 year. but he’s signed, so I will support him while he is in the blue An white. He’s just lucky we have the fox and co next year..!!
My feelings too bro.
It’s done now….. Go Maffew!!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Absolutely. You just need to look back at the Allan signing, I bet plenty of posters were saying "he's better than what we currently have" and look what happened with him. Allan even manged to play SOO last year yet people can't wait to see the back of him.

Same story with Dufty, might have a couple off good moments in attack but more often than not he will buckle under any sort of pressure and be totally useless off the ball and in defence. Fans will want him gone by the end of the season.
This is another one of those dice rolls I mentioned to you in another thread. The nature of this dice roll is the hope that having experienced not being re-signed by the club he's been at for 5 seasons and having to get a short contract on less money elsewhere, Dufty will start listening more and taking his game more seriously.

Michael Chammas put together a fairly well reasoned piece on Dufty in the SMH yesterday: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/th...ns-don-t-want-matt-dufty-20210610-p57zwe.html

Reasons 1 & 2 match up with most fans concerns about him, defense, Chammas does a pretty good job of explaining the technical problems. But if you stop reading there you can make up your own reasons as to why the technical issues exist. When you get down to Reason 6 (attitude) you read this:

While there are no issues with him on a personal level, sources close to the club suggest there is frustration with a perceived unwillingness to respond positively to constructive criticism. The Dragons believe that his defensive issues have been highlighted for a number of years under a number of coaches, but the development progress is not at the level they would like it be.

Some players genuinely do get better when they shift clubs under unfavorable circumstances because it acts as a wake up call. They have the ability, and they have had coaches telling them repeatedly what they need to do to improve, but for whatever reason it doesn't click without some inconvenience.

I suspect that is the dice roll we are making. He is going to hear the same stuff from our coaching staff, but maybe his contract reality combined with a good personality match or just a coach finally saying it in the specific way he actually needs to hear it will trigger an improved performance.

No guarantees, but there rarely is. I suppose the question is does Dufty have a fatalistic attitude, or does he believe that he has agency.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
DUFTY ,Naden ,Addo Carr, Elliott ,TPJ , Vaughan . News limited will have a field day we might as well sign Segyaro, Dylan Walker Cory Norman and the boys could train at Silverwater or Long Bay. Jacko will be sitting at the lunch table by himself.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This is another one of those dice rolls I mentioned to you in another thread. The nature of this dice roll is the hope that having experienced not being re-signed by the club he's been at for 5 seasons and having to get a short contract on less money elsewhere, Dufty will start listening more and taking his game more seriously.

Michael Chammas put together a fairly well reasoned piece on Dufty in the SMH yesterday: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/th...ns-don-t-want-matt-dufty-20210610-p57zwe.html

Reasons 1 & 2 match up with most fans concerns about him, defense, Chammas does a pretty good job of explaining the technical problems. But if you stop reading there you can make up your own reasons as to why the technical issues exist. When you get down to Reason 6 (attitude) you read this:

While there are no issues with him on a personal level, sources close to the club suggest there is frustration with a perceived unwillingness to respond positively to constructive criticism. The Dragons believe that his defensive issues have been highlighted for a number of years under a number of coaches, but the development progress is not at the level they would like it be.

Some players genuinely do get better when they shift clubs under unfavorable circumstances because it acts as a wake up call. They have the ability, and they have had coaches telling them repeatedly what they need to do to improve, but for whatever reason it doesn't click without some inconvenience.

I suspect that is the dice roll we are making. He is going to hear the same stuff from our coaching staff, but maybe his contract reality combined with a good personality match or just a coach finally saying it in the specific way he actually needs to hear it will trigger an improved performance.

No guarantees, but there rarely is. I suppose the question is does Dufty have a fatalistic attitude, or does he believe that he has agency.
I'm just going to forget about Dufty for the time being, I'm not mentally prepared for this situation just yet.