Dufty Dropped Panthers Clash

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Panthers would beat us even if they didn't replace the Origin boys and played with half a team. Instead of scoring 40-60, they'll score 30-50.

Meanwhile, we've scored 30+ points in a match twice since 2018, both times in the final round with nothing to play for (except to give it to Dragqueens/Tiggers).
Yeah the panthers lineup without the origin players is better than the Tigers and Dragons we just played. If our feeble defence remains the same, they will score 30+ points against us comfortably

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am surprised they are finally doing it but I hope they give him a decent go for a few weeks and Potter does some one on one with him. ( coaching one on one @Mutt Dafty and no Marley extra's...)
Hopefully Potter as an ex fullback can give him some pointers. Yes the game has changed but one thing that hasn’t changed in the fullback role is the communication and positional play especially in defense.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fullbacks need to be willing to cop some heavy contact to be even reasonable in the position - could make or break Averillo.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think Dufty could follow any game plan or instruction merely relied on his talent for line breaks and fuck the game plan or defensive line organisation....It didn't make sense when St Merge got rid of him does now. As our woeful defence highlights this even more. So moving forward got to be JAC to fullback till Jake develops. We need our defence to work harder.

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Reported Averillo to play FB. Kiraz moved to centre. Allen on the wing.
Interesting ..

I actually liked the look of kiraz in the centres , so it would good to see him get some regular time there

Averillo @FB might provide the opportunity to open up his running game and if he provides some type of stability , spark and game awareness he might even have that position next year.

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
Interesting ..

I actually liked the look of kiraz in the centres , so it would good to see him get some regular time there
I did too, his debut was unreal, and I thought he would be less useful to us on the wing (we so rarely shift to our edges as it is). But after last week's performance I kind of want to keep him on the wing (or dare I say... give him a shot at fullback...), purely for how he just looked so comfortable under the high ball - attacking the ball with full confidence in his ability.

The good thing about Kiraz is how consistent his performances have been. Unlike so many players that have come through and shown glimpses of potential and better things to come (*cough* mbye, *cough* averillo), Kiraz just looks good, with the effort and skills to match. Not sure what his best position is, but I think he'll play it very well.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I agree, I don’t understand the hostility towards him on here…..he’s only 21 and played under some shitty coaching with a lot of shitty teammates.
uneducated

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did too, his debut was unreal, and I thought he would be less useful to us on the wing (we so rarely shift to our edges as it is). But after last week's performance I kind of want to keep him on the wing (or dare I say... give him a shot at fullback...), purely for how he just looked so comfortable under the high ball - attacking the ball with full confidence in his ability.

The good thing about Kiraz is how consistent his performances have been. Unlike so many players that have come through and shown glimpses of potential and better things to come (*cough* mbye, *cough* averillo), Kiraz just looks good, with the effort and skills to match. Not sure what his best position is, but I think he'll play it very well.
I like Kiraz but 3 games vs 43 games

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I seem to remember a couple of years ago Avo played wing and was ok under the high ball

Did he play wing for us at all?

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kiraz at centre would be great to see especially since hes not a ball hog and will back himself if he sniffs half a chance.
on debut when he caught the offload and passed it to Vaughan close to the line i knew in that instant the kid isnt selfish and would put team first before any personal ambitions.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He played left centre that game with Meaney outside him. That was the game Smith kneed Mika lol
He was picked on the wing though and if I could be fucked to keep searching I know there was a couple of other games were he was picked on the wing when Pay was playing merry go round with selections.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He was picked on the wing though and if I could be fucked to keep searching I know there was a couple of other games were he was picked on the wing when Pay was playing merry go round with selections.
correct he has played a few games on the wing, cant recall how he went under the high ball tho