Dud Threads.

Cutting down the number of punks who can make threads.

• slips is a sexy man, he can move my *ahem* thread anytime

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I remembered that the lounge used to have post counters enabled, allowing people to make a few thousand easily.

But anyway, as for right now, 800 posts is very excessive.
Lounge posts aren't counted? lol I didn't even know that.

P

Promiscuous

I think 500 at max. But keep in mind we dont want to discourage those wiser few who have good contributions to make but cannot.

That pic is a beaut for this issue!

-313-

I don't think the post count should be an issue, cause I have seen people with really high post count start threads like:

are these shoes sexy?? discuss

I think we should follow the 3 strikes rule... 3 dud threads and you lose your privileges to make one

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I think 500 at max. But keep in mind we dont want to discourage those wiser few who have good contributions to make but cannot.

That pic is a beaut for this issue!
Yeah, considering I just found out lounge posts aren't counted, I think 500 is perfect (I'll edit the 1st post now). It'll give them time to see what they should/should not post. I'm just seeing too many threads with absolutely no thought put into them.

Took the pic a little while ago, just added the caption now. :p

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
I don't think the post count should be an issue, cause I have seen people with really high post count start threads like:

are these shoes sexy?? discuss

I think we should follow the 3 strikes rule... 3 dud threads and you lose your privileges to make one
Three strikes and a one dayer ban?

P

Promiscuous

I dont give a sh*t about lounge threads because most of them are rubbish anyway.

Im more talking about the threads created in Bulldogs discussion like five threads on Luke Patten playing origin, Brett Stewart out injured, NSW squad etc.

Brothers boy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Slippery, there is no I in team and you are only a small cog in the wheel. Dig It?

Bulldogs 24/7

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah, considering I just found out lounge posts aren't counted, I think 500 is perfect (I'll edit the 1st post now). It'll give them time to see what they should/should not post. I'm just seeing too many threads with absolutely no thought put into them.

Took the pic a little while ago, just added the caption now. :p
Further to my earlier post.

So you’ve dropped from 1000 to 500 post eligibility now!!

Do you really believe that it takes 500 posts for an average person with average intellect to work out how to post on a forum?

To be honest it will take me several years to reach that as I choose not to comment on rumour, gossip, innuendo, repetition and useless information which are the majority of threads on this forum and I’ve never even bothered with The Lounge.

Do you really believe that all members on this forum buy Big League magazine for the Little League supplement and enjoy dressing NRL players up as school boys??

Maybe some people have other commitments or may have traveled attending numerous Rugby League/sporting events/historical places around the world and have had many a yarn to real people.

One suggestion is for you to leave the computer for a moment and have a look at yourself in a mirror rather than the computer screen and possibly have a chat to real people or even pick up a book. (Maybe then you could answer some of your own questions in your Trivia thread)

Anyway, although becoming a member before yourself I'll continue to be one of "them" and continue to be a "newbie" for a while yet.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Bulldogs 24/7

1. I dropped the post count, because I wasn't aware that Lounge posts aren't counted, as stated clearly.

2. You bring up some totally irrelevant points right through the middle of your post.

3. Your 2nd last paragraph made me laugh. Clearly you think you're better than people here. Just because you may be closer to the club than I am, that doesn't make you a more passionate supporter. Btw, I looked in the mirror and I liked what I saw. HTH

In any case, that is your opinion, and I'll respect it.

Bulldogs 24/7

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bulldogs 24/7

1. I dropped the post count, because I wasn't aware that Lounge posts aren't counted, as stated clearly.

2. You bring up some totally irrelevant points right through the middle of your post.

3. Your 2nd last paragraph made me laugh. Clearly you think you're better than people here. Just because you may be closer to the club than I am, that doesn't make you a more passionate supporter. Btw, I looked in the mirror and I liked what I saw. HTH

In any case, that is your opinion, and I'll respect it.
In reply to your points:

1. There are numerous occasions when members well above 500/1000 posts are guilty of creating “Dud Threads”

2. You need to consider that some people have a maturity level which should allow them to be able to start a new thread from day one.

3. My suggestion is that there is a big wide world to explore and that you shouldn’t get so caught up with an internet forum.

Obviously I do not belief that I’m any better than any other on this forum as I am advocating for new members, remember that I am not the one suggesting placing sanctions on who can/can’t start threads and in doing so discriminating against people for being new to this forum.

Who mentioned anything about being a more passionate supporter?
How does one judge the passion of a supporter as we all live different lives with different commitments?

No one player is bigger than The Bulldogs (Mason and co)
No one member is bigger than an internet forum (Although many appear to think they are)

Some of you who are saying there should be a post count should go back and check some of your earlier threads you may find that they could have accidently been placed in wrong section’s and heaven forbid even be considered “Dud Threads”.

As a final comment how does one get such high post counts in a short period of time? Is it by quality posts wishing players Happy Birthday or congratulating them when their wife/partner has a baby on a supporter forum which I'm sure they read?

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
bulldogs 24/7

slippery is just trying to be pro-active with reducing the chance of dud threads
he's just putting an idea out there

perhaps if you hadn't used a condescending tone, like in post #56, and been a little more pro-active in your response, your discussion with slippery might just be.......pro-active, rather than what it is now

even in post #59, you continue to use personal terms, there's no need for it

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Did anyone ever think maybe the forum software doesnt support blocking people at certain post counts?

Status
Not open for further replies.