Dragons COVID Breach

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too many head knocks maybe? Pack of morons considering the media has had a field day with the Dogs 5 and to a lesser extent Dugan, why would you have a BBQ with 15 people there? So dumb
Yeah less than a week after your guys got done, unbelievable. Does anyone know if Vaughan an anti vaxxer as he's stupid enough to be one?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL news | Dragons house party investigated, Paul Vaughan's home, despite Sydney lockdown, NRL COVID-19 bubble rules (nine.com.au)

The NRL is yet to determine a penalty for the players involved and the club itself, but Abdo admitted that everything was on the table.

"I'm not going to rule anything out (in regards to deducting points as a penalty)," Abdo told Nine News Sydney. "We'll treat every case on its merits."

"I'm just gutted, I'm gutted because I see how hard people have been working to keep the competition going."

Abdo admitted that the party threatened to bring the NRL to a halt, jeopardising the government exemptions the league has received from a number of states.

13 individuals were handed $1000 fines by NSW Police for the party held at Paul Vaughan's house (Getty)

"Yes, of course anything that goes against our protocols puts everything at risk," he said.

"It's an ongoing investigation, we are aware there were a number of players. At this particularly point in time, our information is that there weren't people outside of the bubble there, which is a positive.

The Dragons acknowledged the incident on Sunday, describing it as a "breach" of both NSW Government and NRL rules.

"St George Illawarra are aware of a New South Wales state government stay-at-home order and NRL biosecurity breach involving a number of players," a club statement said.

"The Dragons will not make comment at this time, while the investigation into the matter with the NRL Integrity Unit and NSW Police continues."

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vkandys getting smashed in papers it will be swept under carpet
There's no way it can be swept under the carpet, its front page news on all the papers and was first story on TV news across multiple channels last night. Its way too big to sweep under the carpet

Malla

Reaction score
I can already see the writing on the wall here. If this outbreak gets worse, players will strike I reckon. Not just because of all this, but some of the rule changes (a lot of which Vlandys said he regrets not engaging the players earlier), this covid restrictions that players are just getting sick of.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is competition points. These ***** don’t realise state leaders can see this shit and stop handing out exemptions for teams to fly in to states with no 14 day isolation. Storm are shitting bricks because as it is if they release origin players, on return they have to isolate for 14 days. Rules them out of games for Storm. They need an exemption for players to forego the 14 day period. Vic sees this and no punishment, they’ll shove the exemption up the NRLs arse and Storm won’t release players.

If the exemptions get removed and they have to go into a hub in one state, what state would have them knowing the stupid ***** can’t follow rules.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is competition points. These ***** don’t realise state leaders can see this shit and stop handing out exemptions for teams to fly in to states with no 14 day isolation. Storm are shitting bricks because as it is if they release origin players, on return they have to isolate for 14 days. Rules them out of games for Storm. They need an exemption for players to forego the 14 day period. Vic sees this and no punishment, they’ll shove the exemption up the NRLs arse and Storm won’t release players.

If the exemptions get removed and they have to go into a hub in one state, what state would have them knowing the stupid ***** can’t follow rules.
That is why I think they will be tough on the Dragons, Competition points will affect club and the fans, maybe the club deserves it. But i don't think it will send the right message to the rest of the country. Suspension and big ass fines the only way. Vaughn should be fined close to 40-50% of his Salary.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
16 July - Friday game, so you would think it falls within the 14 day period.
good I hope Manly flog them by 80 plus. However I don't know how many of the 12 are 1st grade players.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
another player named -- de Belin... apparently was not there when the police arrived but was there earlier. Have we learnt the full story yet?

Malla

Reaction score
Surely there should be some players available once the dust settles on this. De Bellin? Vaughan?