News Dragons’ new offer to Hunt as Dogs accused of cunning ‘panic buy’ ploy:

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't read a league autobiography in you paid me...lol. What did he say about it? if
Prety much what that cop came out & said in the Dogs At War Book. That he had consensual relations with a girl who later cried rape. He wished he'd treated her better & he would learn from it.

I don't mind authobiographies / biographies as long as they are authorised. It's supposed to be from the point of view of the person of whom it is about & they can put in or leave out what they want. Even if they write a book, they are allowed to keep some things private. I only buy them about Bulldogs players these days.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's water under the bridge now...
Without elaboration, don't ever be fooled into believing that we let him go solely because of Anasta and Sherwin, the kid then offered to play for nothing, little that we knew he probably would end up being an immortal.
What happened in Coffs Harbour in 2003 then 2004 was not illegal but immoral, at the time our club was the club to be reckoned with, unfortunately the media and especially NEWS Lies unLtd being the 50% owners of the National Rorts League raged a war of extinction on our club for not signing South Sydney's death warrant, if it wasn't for our club's wealth and huge fan base we would've become extinct.
Here we are now, still paying the price !!!
I think it was more to do with a few journalists lead by Rebecca Wilson who hated the club who pushed this hard rather than the owner of the paper. In the end they lost a lot of Bulldogs supporters who WERE readers who never bought the papers again.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon flanno should go to ESL for a couple of years and comeback to the nrl like Hastings. He's a good defensive half maybe going to Esl will help him mature.
It would be the best thing for his career to go now & get a couple of seasons under his belt so he can possibly come back to show the NRL what he could do. He won't pick up an NRL contract after next season so delaying is a silly idea IMO.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A 20-year-old JT is (allegedly) punted from the club for having consensual sex with a football groupie. 15 or so years later, in much more prim-and-proper times, Harawira-Niera and Okunbor are sprung having sex on a trip away with barely legal schoolgirls, CHN gets the boot but Okunbor survives. Draw a thread through all of this and you have to assume that Okunbor is a hell of a footballer, or he has compromising pictures of the Bulldogs top brass. If you make your way along to a reggies game and watch Oki play, the compromising pictures theory begins to firm up.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A 20-year-old JT is (allegedly) punted from the club for having consensual sex with a football groupie. 15 or so years later, in much more prim-and-proper times, Harawira-Niera and Okunbor are sprung having sex on a trip away with barely legal schoolgirls, CHN gets the boot but Okunbor survives. Draw a thread through all of this and you have to assume that Okunbor is a hell of a footballer, or he has compromising pictures of the Bulldogs top brass. If you make your way along to a reggies game and watch Oki play, the compromising pictures theory begins to firm up.
Times have changed substantially in that time though.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anything over 550k is a dead set waste of money.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Prety much what that cop came out & said in the Dogs At War Book. That he had consensual relations with a girl who later cried rape. He wished he'd treated her better & he would learn from it.

I don't mind authobiographies / biographies as long as they are authorised. It's supposed to be from the point of view of the person of whom it is about & they can put in or leave out what they want. Even if they write a book, they are allowed to keep some things private. I only buy them about Bulldogs players these days.
Yeah, I guess by rumour I meant that Coffs factored into the club’s decision. $10k really isn’t a lot of money in footy contract terms.

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Signing Sullivan would spell the end for BBO....surely he deserves a chance. In 2023
Has BBO ever been given a crack at starting in the halves in FG? I don’t remember it. I’d like to see what he can do. Looks to have a good skill set, must just be lacking that bit of finesse?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Has BBO ever been given a crack at starting in the halves in FG? I don’t remember it. I’d like to see what he can do. Looks to have a good skill set, must just be lacking that bit of finesse?
Twice
BBO.jpg

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol yes let’s sign 5 half backs....why not
Panthers are trying to sign Madden to back up Cleary so they have a decent backup for their best 7 in the comp. We don't have 1 decent 7. We need at least 2.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yet still not given 7.

Anyone see Bailey Hayward progressing next year into fg?

Dumb move by Madden to be Cleary understudy as he prob won't get the same opportunities O'Sullivan got with Cleary's suspension....they won't let that happen ever again :grinning: and only SOO fill in games probably.

Still it might work out for him as it has with O'Sullivan.

Reactions: ATT

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It doesn't seem the bid for Hunt is legit, but it should be, IMO. If Sullivan were that good, Dragons wouldn't let him go under any circumstances. I think Gus is outsmarting himself.
Dragons are famous for letting great players go. Robson to cowboys, Morris boys etc

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Not a real shot like Flanno had had
Had to have a sly did at the 'gun, didn't ya? Lol

I don't think BBO is the answer at all. Although he is only 20 and may be a more long term solution if he's willing to persevere and learn his trade in Cup, he's not ready yet. BBO has been given a shot week after week in NSW Cup and hasn't exactly been setting the comp alight. He may be the answer in the future, but he isn't the answer right now. If he was, he'd be in the team.

IMHO Burton really needs someone experienced alongside him, not another kid.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Dragons are famous for letting great players go. Robson to cowboys, Morris boys etc
Robson great? That's a stretch....lol.

Just don't see the appeal with Sullivan....he's green, very young and isn't tearing the house down in cup. Our side is in dire need of an experienced hand to help steer the ship for a few years. We need a young half, for sure....but it has to be someone who is willing to spend time in NSW Cup and develop. Sullivan doesn't seem to be keen to wait.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Had to have a sly did at the 'gun, didn't ya? Lol

I don't think BBO is the answer at all. Although he is only 20 and may be a more long term solution if he's willing to persevere and learn his trade in Cup, he's not ready yet. BBO has been given a shot week after week in NSW Cup and hasn't exactly been setting the comp alight. He may be the answer in the future, but he isn't the answer right now. If he was, he'd be in the team.

IMHO Burton really needs someone experienced alongside him, not another kid.
i dont think that BBO is the answer now - i think he has more of ability to play outside of structure and offers something in attack. Flanno is a much better defender. I was responding to a comment about whether BBO had been given a crack in first grade. Dont be so defensive :tearsofjoy: Flanno has had the chance to prove himself. But i agree - we need an experienced half to guide the team and allow Burton to develop. Hunt would be perfect IMO

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
i dont think that BBO is the answer now - i think he has more of ability to play outside of structure and offers something in attack. Flanno is a much better defender. I was responding to a comment about whether BBO had been given a crack in first grade. Dont be so defensive :tearsofjoy: Flanno has had the chance to prove himself. But i agree - we need an experienced half to guide the team and allow Burton to develop. Hunt would be perfect IMO
Lol nah, I'm not taking it personally mate. Just kidding around with you. I think Flano has proven to Gus and the coaching staff that he is currently the best option available at the club. Gus has made it clear he doesn't see him as the long term option, but he's more first grade ready than any of the other 7s we have at the club as of this moment. Whether that changes next year, we will have to wait and see. But I think BBO is still a few years away, if he is the answer at all.