Doubt on Two Penrith Tries

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to check and couldn't last night (no kayo etc) but I would have liked to have seen a replay of that play where we turned over the ball and they scored in the next set. Vaughan (I think it was) offloaded the ball, it dribbled out behind him and Koroisau grabbed it, but it didn't look like a clean grab. Never saw a replay on 9. They also scored a play after a possible obstruction (which Johns actually pointed out) but it was just swept under the rug.

As we know, these calls often go against the bottom teams and they're not good enough to compensate. Not sure if either try shouldn't have occurred, but we may have been even closer to beating Penrith than it ended up.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah and even with those things possibly against us, we could have won if we were just smarter and managed the game better. They know it, we know it. Let's just hope they actually do it before much longer, so we can at least enjoy the rest of the season.

At least Potter is inspiring confidence in me. So far he's made dramatic improvements in our attack and has the balls to make some big changes like moving Avo to fb. He'll want to improve the basics and that's all it will take to be a good chance at winning most games.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to check and couldn't last night (no kayo etc) but I would have liked to have seen a replay of that play where we turned over the ball and they scored in the next set. Vaughan (I think it was) offloaded the ball, it dribbled out behind him and Koroisau grabbed it, but it didn't look like a clean grab. Never saw a replay on 9. They also scored a play after a possible obstruction (which Johns actually pointed out) but it was just swept under the rug.

As we know, these calls often go against the bottom teams and they're not good enough to compensate. Not sure if either try shouldn't have occurred, but we may have been even closer to beating Penrith than it ended up.
Both of our own mistakes. You make your own luck and unfortunately we keep making simple mistakes to give the opposition plenty of opportunities

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe, but we didn't deserve to win last night, and threw away momentum when it was on our side. Heck conceeding the first try so quickly was ridiculous!

Panthers basically rushed us in defence and stifled our attack, and our forwards were mostly useless. We had more ball but most of it was in our own half.

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Both of our own mistakes. You make your own luck and unfortunately we keep making simple mistakes to give the opposition plenty of opportunities
Yeah, I swear every time we make a mistake we pay the ultimate price, we just cannot defend the error and opposition scores, it’s even more highlighted because we can’t score enough points

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We got dominated thru the middle by the best team in the comp.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just watched the replay seriously corey allan absolute garbage let in 3 tries so slow

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having reported the sh!t refereeing, we can't blame that on the loss. We were slow and pedestrian in attack (this one out hitup sh!t has to stop) and our defence was disorganised and half ar$ed.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah, I swear every time we make a mistake we pay the ultimate price, we just cannot defend the error and opposition scores, it’s even more highlighted because we can’t score enough points
Because we are very slow to react. It's broken field play and therefore they are forced to think and get set to defend. They are very poor in that part of the game.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
After a shitshow of a first half we could have smacked the panthers in second half. We just didnt want it enough. Pussies.

MirandaDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
While ever we have the fastest bloke playing the game sitting on the wing not getting the ball we will never be really competitive. Our dumb 5 hit ups with 5 passes and 1 kick sets don’t allow him to get the ball. Look what happened when Avo threw a pass to JAC. Broke a tackle passed it back to Avo and they were in Penrith territory on tackle 1. The pass from Avo was not the best option but that was youthful exuberance. They just need to learn to pass the thing and use the speed of the man. He’s our strike weapon but don’t use him. Does my head in watching plodders try to break through 4 defenders up the middle each set when the result is the same.