Opinion Doorey Top 30 position

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I know the poor kid only got injured today. But he is likely looking at 6-9 months rehab.
Do the rules allow him to be contracted as a second tier contract then be eligible to play after Round 10 or 12 whenever that rule kicks in.
That way he is not in our top 30 but will still be cleared to play later in the season.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just another case where we'll be on the wrong side of the current laws.

However, if Gus is doing good work behind the scenes we should have some decent youngsters or fringe players on development or train and trial contracts. Even if Doorey is out until May next year it would take injuries/suspensions to another 3 or 4 edge forward capable players in the top 30 before we'd probably need to use a development or train and trial player, and even then they'd be on the bench most likely.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Piakura would of been a handy signing at 250k fuck broncos
They paid overs on potential to sign him, at least we made them pay more. He looks like an absolute weapon in his highlights tho. Even if Piakura turns out to be a gun they really should of kept Walsh over him since they needed a fullback over a second rower. Really the only reason we didn't sign him is because the Broncos are stupid

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They are alot more flexible these days with adding players to top 30 remember wont be an issue

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
John Bateman would be good if he comes back to oz.
Was a great player & has that competitive fire that can’t be trained into someone ie Cheese. However I suspect he would want a fairly large contact which would make it less desirable

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tbh he’s lazy/scared in defence. I don’t really rate him as second rower for the NRL. Reserve grade is where he should be. In any other club he’s NSW Cup starter. Wouldn’t waste a top 30 contract on him. I think this ACL injury just cemented that also

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That sounds bad but it’s actually the best type. You want a lower scale MCL and LCL tear as it means on basic terms it’s only the ACL.

Still won’t see him till after the bye at least