Status
Not open for further replies.

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
Don't throw me the dummy pass, says Footy Show outcast
By Roy Masters
May 17, 2005

It's almost certain that the outspoken columnist Rebecca Wilson will appear on Thursday's Footy Show on Channel Nine - but it's possible no one will talk to her.

The show's host, Paul "Fatty" Vautin, and his fellow panelist Peter Sterling met their executive producer, Steve Crawley, yesterday and vehemently expressed their opposition to working with Wilson, claiming she brought nothing to rugby league.

They agreed only to introduce her and not participate in any dialogue with her during the 90-minute panel show.

Aware of their stand, Wilson said: "There is nothing to be gained by a freeze-out. If they decide to do that, the only people they will hurt will be themselves. We're all professionals and I hope Fatty and Sterlo will be as well."

Paul "The Chief" Harragon has also expressed a reluctance to communicate with Wilson.

Nor is it known whether Reg "Bring Back the Biff" Reagan (Matthew Johns) will discuss the intricacies of the grapple tackle with her.

A phone call from Channel Nine's new boss, Sam Chisholm, to Wilson yesterday reassured her she would not be dumped after a couple of shows but did not convince her to agree to terms for a contract.

Wilson, who admits to savaging the show and its Titanic-like ratings in a recent Sunday Telegraph column, said: "I didn't think anyone from Nine would speak to me after what I wrote. "But I haven't got a deal yet. There was a lot of talking today and Sam gave me an assurance, but there is no signed or sealed deal."

Wilson said her contract with Foxtel was a problem in negotiations but she expected it to be resolved in order for her to join the show.

Mr Chisholm is a former Foxtel chairman and sits on the board of Publishing and Broadcasting - the owner of Channel Nine.

Wilson, aware that Thursday night's show will almost certainly attract a big audience because viewers will switch to observe the acidic chemistry, fears she will be dropped after it becomes apparent a panel show does not work if only one person talks.

But she is also seeking clarification whether the show will take a new direction away from its fart jokes and men dressing up as women, and actually discuss the game on the field. "I believe the Footy Show should be about football and go for two hours," she said. "I want to find out what the lay of the land is."

Vautin and Sterling revealed themselves as the unfairer sex in their argument with Crawley yesterday, claiming Wilson was a liability on TV.

She was a panelist on the ABC's The Fat and its failed reincarnation at Channel Seven, 110 per cent Tony Squires.

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
I would like to see the exact opposite to a "freeze out". Bring her on and then start asking her a lot of tough questions about the game !

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have an idea...

Hows about we send her letters (or Emails) on how much we hate her to Fat's Sack. Who is with me on this?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Man this woman things she owns the joint. She's got something coming to her if she thinks that.

If she makes the shows ill go on it next week and start booing whenever she trys to talk.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
btw what a surprise that the Daily Telegraph aren't running anything to do with this story today.

Rushy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
"Dont throw me the dummy"... oh... so, its ok for her to throw crap at every one else, but when she's in the hot seat she gets defensive! Bit of her own medicine and she doesnt appear to like it.

I dont understand what channel 9 is doing - i thought Rugby League was doing well with women in league, but this woman is just killing it! You can guarantee every second if not every one bloke is saying "see, that's why women shouldnt have anything to do with footy!" She is definitely giving the rest of us a bad name!

Shame on you woman!

Dog-E

Purebreed
Reaction score
Hahahaha!...I would LOOOOOVE to see that!!!!

Ignore her sorry @rseuntil the 2nd ad break....then all of a sudden HAMMER her with all the most difficult questions they can...then after a few minutes - completely interrupt here every 30 seconds...then go back to ignoring her! Then....Bring out Reg to humiliate her!

Silly cow won't know WHAT hit it!!!!! :D

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
that woul b funny asking her nrl questions she had no idea about show her up for the fool she is honestly everyone e-mail fatty saying u hate the cow and wont watch the show if shes on it if he shows that to producers maybe they will think twice

JSL

Doggies FTW
Reaction score
Who can get tickets to this show???? Let all try get tickets and booo her off the show!!!

R

ROCK ASOTASI

Seriously if anyone can get tickets for the show get as many as you can so we can boo the tranny off the show.

Dog-E

Purebreed
Reaction score
LOL...I think tickets for that show will be in HOT demand amongst the wider Rugby League community...for JUST that reson - as it is! :D

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Dog-E said:
Hahahaha!...I would LOOOOOVE to see that!!!!

Ignore her sorry @rseuntil the 2nd ad break....then all of a sudden HAMMER her with all the most difficult questions they can...then after a few minutes - completely interrupt here every 30 seconds...then go back to ignoring her! Then....Bring out Reg to humiliate her!

Silly cow won't know WHAT hit it!!!!! :D
thats true, let her on the show

instead of taking the piss out of Mario they can take the piss out of some low down alcoholic whore who deserves it

Status
Not open for further replies.