Dont hate but i think burton only worth 850k max

Ahmed1320

New Pup
Reaction score
Guys don't roast me but I think a upgrade on his contract is needed but don't think his worth more then 850k a year. At this moment maybe in 2-3 years his worth the millions but not now. His defence is pretty poor needs some work as well.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be honest for 1.1M I know he won't leave but I rather have cle

What do you think his worth
I have no idea. Based on form played $550K. Taking all things into consideration, poaching from other clubs, potential, lack of quality halfs and possible increase to salary cap $770K

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys don't roast me but I think a upgrade on his contract is needed but don't think his worth more then 850k a year. At this moment maybe in 2-3 years his worth the millions but not now. His defence is pretty poor needs some work as well.
Give him 2 mill and 10 years.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Honestly I don't have a clue. Player managers are a bit guilty of pushing values too high and the media have no fucking idea either. So I feel it's best that we just accept that we have a player here and not stress over what they're earning.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay him a mill for 4 years. We need to keep him to build a team around. throw in performance bonuses and third party cash.

we paid Napa 600k per season and people are worried about offering Burton over 850k lol

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the reality is Matt Burton is worth whatever we think his value is to us. If there is a better emerging talent or existing and availble half out there that we can get instead of Matt then please tell us all who it is and why we should throw marque money at them instead of Burton?

Otherwise, put him in a room with Gus and no-one leaves until atleast a premiership window amount of time is locked up in a contract.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Problem with Burton is someone will pay overs based on potential. You'd give him 750k-800k for a 2-3 year deal which will take him through to his mid 20s. Then the sky is the limit. He will probably be a top 5 player by then (if he continues to developing).

The thing that scares me is the likes of the Dolphins coming in with an offer that blows every other team out of the water for the likes of Burton, Munster etc. If his manager gets in his ear and tells him to take the money short term and re-evaluate in 2-3 years then he could go for 900k-1.2 million. Dolphins are desperate for game breakers. Toilers wont get bums on seats but a few origin players might.

If I had a struggling club id be after Burton, Munster, Walsh (already gone), Sam Walker, Ponga (re-signed) a generational type talent and you almost give them a blank cheque.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
To be honest for 1.1M I know he won't leave but I rather have cle

What do you think his worth
Was being sarcastic. The op made it sound like being worth 850k was low or something. That's plenty for a rookie