Donor Awareness - Worksheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great news... wish him all the best on a prompt recovery.. :grinning:

Oohhhh I get this ... Semi Radradra disappears over to Fiji, and mysteriously Drop Bear disappears as well..

Hmmmmm I'm onto you Semi ...errr I mean Drop Bear!!
Shhhhh - he will be back for the game against................???????? and has been taking language lessons - French I think it is.
Trouble is when they taught him to say Oui, oui he thought they were telling him to piss off, so went for a holiday at the Princess Alexandra Hilton.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How good is this...

What a way to make a point! What a way to use the media as a tool to get people thinking! Nothing more precious than another human life and not such a great sacrifice: after all you can't take it with you!!

I liked the reference to the Pharaohs and their custom of having their most precious things buried with them and then turning it around to say that the most precious things ( donatable organs) should be left above ground so they can do the most good.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Came across this article today. Makes me feel so terribly sad. Don't like the last comment, makes it seem that Aussies are exclusively to blame. this sort of thing has been going on for years with the poor and the vulnerable being targeted. Disgusting.

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/nati...html?ref=BP_ARTICLE_1_SKY_ORGAN_TRADE_070816

Hundreds of Australians are heading overseas to buy organs on the black market because of long wait times in Australia.

An investigation by News Corp has revealed 176 people in the last 13 years have had transplants in foreign countries.

Doctors involved in the trade are charging up to $250,000 for the operation while those selling their organs get as little as $1000.

News Corp also reported that prisoners were being shot on demand to keep up with the pace of the unregulated trade.

A long waiting list for donations in Australia is being blamed for the illegal industry.

- See more at: http://www.skynews.com.au/news/nati..._SKY_ORGAN_TRADE_070816 #sthash.UWjeiI6Z.dpuf

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well if capital punishment was still allowed, at least the stains on society would be able to contribute SOME good in their lives after execution.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well if capital punishment was still allowed, at least the stains on society would be able to contribute SOME good in their lives after execution.
I do see where you are coming from, unfortunately our society would still not see it that way. Saw that quote in the article that prisoners are being shot on demand. Not quite the politically correct way to do it though.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I do see where you are coming from, unfortunately our society would still not see it that way. Saw that quote in the article that prisoners are being shot on demand. Not quite the politically correct way to do it though.
Totally agree, then again you look at the countries participating in such things, and I (personally) was not suprised.

It's like the cost of a human life in some countries is nothing.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Came across this article today. Makes me feel so terribly sad. Don't like the last comment, makes it seem that Aussies are exclusively to blame. this sort of thing has been going on for years with the poor and the vulnerable being targeted. Disgusting.

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/national/2016/08/07/australians-go-overseas-to-buy-illegal-organs.html?ref=BP_ARTICLE_1_SKY_ORGAN_TRADE_070816

Hundreds of Australians are heading overseas to buy organs on the black market because of long wait times in Australia.

An investigation by News Corp has revealed 176 people in the last 13 years have had transplants in foreign countries.

Doctors involved in the trade are charging up to $250,000 for the operation while those selling their organs get as little as $1000.

News Corp also reported that prisoners were being shot on demand to keep up with the pace of the unregulated trade.

A long waiting list for donations in Australia is being blamed for the illegal industry.

- See more at: http://www.skynews.com.au/news/national/2016/08/07/australians-go-overseas-to-buy-illegal-organs.html?ref=BP_ARTICLE_1_SKY_ORGAN_TRADE_070816 #sthash.UWjeiI6Z.dpuf
I have been offered a heart transplant in Mexico for $10,000US.

I can't do it as I kind of know how I will be getting the heart and who is "supplying" it.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have been offered a heart transplant in Mexico for $10,000US.

I can't do it as I kind of know how I will be getting the heart and who is "supplying" it.
You are certainly a man of good principle and knowing the way you feel about this issue must make you feel even worse when this sort of thing is offered to you. How many times have you said to us that you feel guilty about the possibility of you getting a heart before someone much younger?; it must be a real slap in the face to you to have the 'other option' offered.

I hope and pray that things work out for you sooner rather than later and I know that it will be the way your principles dictate not the way of others.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You are certainly a man of good principle and knowing the way you feel about this issue must make you feel even worse when this sort of thing is offered to you. How many times have you said to us that you feel guilty about the possibility of you getting a heart before someone much younger?; it must be a real slap in the face to you to have the 'other option' offered.

I hope and pray that things work out for you sooner rather than later and I know that it will be the way your principles dictate not the way of others.
I even have people ready to pay for the op, airfares and accommodation but still I can't.

Plus the longer I live now the more guilty I feel about getting the heart.

But my mind is at ease now thanks to God, my late father and my 120 hour work weeks, my wife and kids are set up in case I get called home.

Last edited:

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Farking brilliant man.

Now for the sobering aspect - Our mate Drop Bear just Celebrated SIX FUCKING WEEKS IN HOSPITAL !
If he had managed a transplant earlier this year he would not be going through this shit.
I KNOW OTHERS ARE IN THE SAME SITUATION WAITING - WAITING - WAITING and doing their best to survive, and I don't want to be insensitive to them
BUT it pisses me off big time - without the donors good people suffer and die
Their family and friends suffer - but have you noticed just how tough the patients are and most of them always thinking of others before themselves.
I am not travelling well watching my mate waste away, battling this shit - he has lost around 20 kg - can't walk and I fear he is starting to give up.

Standing on the outside feeling so helpless.
FFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKK these fucking diseases and illnesses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pray for these people - do war dances or whatever it is you hope may help them all through.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Farking brilliant man.

Now for the sobering aspect - Our mate Drop Bear just Celebrated SIX FUCKING WEEKS IN HOSPITAL !
If he had managed a transplant earlier this year he would not be going through this shit.
I KNOW OTHERS ARE IN THE SAME SITUATION WAITING - WAITING - WAITING and doing their best to survive, and I don't want to be insensitive to them
BUT it pisses me off big time - without the donors good people suffer and die
Their family and friends suffer - but have you noticed just how tough the patients are and most of them always thinking of others before themselves.
I am not travelling well watching my mate waste away, battling this shit - he has lost around 20 kg - can't walk and I fear he is starting to give up.

Standing on the outside feeling so helpless.
FFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKK these fucking diseases and illnesses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pray for these people - do war dances or whatever it is you hope may help them all through.
Sir Col, Send our best wishes to Pete.

Tell him we are all thinking of him and praying for his quick recovery.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Sir Col, Send our best wishes to Pete.

Tell him we are all thinking of him and praying for his quick recovery.
Hear, hear!

He is a top bloke and doesn't deserve this shit.

I won't stop praying for him and his family.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You guys just need to encourage more people to ride a motorbike instead of a car, they don't call them organ donors for nothing.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I see now that the RTA or whatever they call themselves these days has removed the organ donation notification on licences. You now have to contact www.donatelife.gov.au.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@dogluva where are we at with this...

I think we need to really make this a reality... and make this a lasting legacy of Drop Bears..

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mr I - once I am back on a level footing I intend to drive this as hard as I can to make it happen.

You will have all the help you need I am sure of that. When I am able I am going to post a copy of the email I sent to the NRL last year here for all to read. It is the one that I originally sent to Raelene Castle. I will endeavour to recontact the person who is currently head of the NRL community program to remind them of just how strongly we feel about this ( that is if they are still there having already had two people hold that position in the last few years) . Peter's efforts will not have been in vain, so you let me know how you want to do this and I will be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.