Dolphins snap up Jamayne Isaako

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

NRL: Dolphins snap up pointscoring machine Jamayne Isaako
The NRL’s newest team has snapped up a key player from their local rivals as Wayne Bennett continues to build a roster ahead of 2023.

Not a bad signing.

Always a Bulldog

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's a pretty obvious signing for the Dolphins. I think Bennett will be able to get the best out of him again but he's definitely lost himself over the last ~2 years. There is talent there to work with. I still have that last seconds match winner against the Roosters in my mind.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have my doubts over the Dolphins concept, its going to take years.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isaako is not a bad signing but I think he is better on the wing than at fullback

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Winger that thinks he's a fullback.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's a decent player but is pretty bad when your only three signings are Kaufusi, Stone and Isaako after having two months to sign players a full cap to spend..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Better than Allan, who thinks he’s a first grader
Demonstrably Bennett also believes that Allan is “a first grader” and the Qld selectors thought he was worthy of an SOO selection (whatever the circumstances).

2022 is a new season and I am prepared to give every player a chance to show that 2021 was an aberration. Now, surrounded by some strike players, those who appeared unworthy will revert to their previous high standards.

Always a Bulldog

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Demonstrably Bennett also believes that Allan is “a first grader” and the Qld selectors thought he was worthy of an SOO selection (whatever the circumstances).

2022 is a new season and I am prepared to give every player a chance to show that 2021 was an aberration. Now, surrounded by some strike players, those who appeared unworthy will revert to their previous high standards.

Always a Bulldog
Same as how Ben Robert’s was once the NZ halfback by default?

He was the best option available purely for plugging onto a backline that had Cody Walker in form.

Sure, he can have a shot in 2022 in my books... starting in Ron Massey

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The construction of a roster may gain momentum for the Dolphins. But it's not a secret that the player pool is severely limited in quality since most teams don't even financially support NSW/Qld cup sides or other junior production resources.

We used to produce loads of quality because the game was widely played both in the city and in the country. The town I live in once had 4 teams across 2 grades. We now have just 1 team and they struggle to be competitive. The NRL needed to throw resources at the lowest levels of the game when the sponsorship deals grew. But it's losing ground to other sports.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The construction of a roster may gain momentum for the Dolphins. But it's not a secret that the player pool is severely limited in quality since most teams don't even financially support NSW/Qld cup sides or other junior production resources.

We used to produce loads of quality because the game was widely played both in the city and in the country. The town I live in once had 4 teams across 2 grades. We now have just 1 team and they struggle to be competitive. The NRL needed to throw resources at the lowest levels of the game when the sponsorship deals grew. But it's losing ground to other sports.
Soccer has grown more and also kids are more into playing playstation and xbox while we were growing up we'd be playing footy in our backyards or playing on the weekends club footy.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good place for Lachlan Lewis, they gotta start somewhere