Dolphins proves coaching is everything

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't give a hill of beans about whether Fins will be competitive.

They passed their first test. They beat the Roosters. They gave their fans a winning platform in their first competition game against a Comp favourite. Their fans have gone home happy and have hope today. That's all that matters today. One game at a time.

Dogs fans have absolutely no right to pooh pooh Fins win today.

Their fans have 100% bragging rights over us today for that effort. What the next few rounds results brings we don't know. They got their assignment of 2 comp points done THIS ROUND. That's all that was asked of them and they executed.
And if they lose their next 10?

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What would the reaction be if we beat manly, the same people bagging the comments would have said “give us the trophy now”.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What would the reaction be if we beat manly, the same people bagging the comments would have said “give us the trophy now”.
And next week when we lose to storms. Theyd lose thier shit again bahah

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To me it shows a bunch of blokes psyched in front of a home crowd and taking a shot with all to gain and zip to lose.

My mob went there looking for an easy trot and got their arses handed to them by a young bunch of enthusiastic players.

And I've said it that Robbo maybe needs to move on. The blokes is a decent coach but comes a time when players man they stop listening, they've heard the same speeches, the same tactics and they need new leadership. That's not a shot a Robbo is how stuff is.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
To me it shows a bunch of blokes psyched in front of a home crowd and taking a shot with all to gain and zip to lose.

My mob went there looking for an easy trot and got their arses handed to them by a young bunch of enthusiastic players.

And I've said it that Robbo maybe needs to move on. The blokes is a decent coach but comes a time when players man they stop listening, they've heard the same speeches, the same tactics and they need new leadership. That's not a shot a Robbo is how stuff is.
Someone who sees him as I do, I think he has been slipping the last 3 years in particular. He’s made some rather strange decisions, and more than a couple smell of desperation.

Always a Bulldog

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

I feel like they are going a bit stale personally but I think it's due to his loyalty to certain players.

Roosters in my opinion still look extremely slick and well coached when they are on.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bullshit. Cattle is.

How did Ivan go at the tigers ?

How did Sheens go at the Cowboys ?

How did Jack Gibson go at Cronulla ?
How did Bellamy go coaching NSW ?

You are making assumptions after 1 round. It’s embarrassing
All the decades involved with league (actually all team sports) I still can't answer that.

Some can say you can have the best players but a shit coach and not get results.

Kind of like giving the keys of a Lamborghini to an Indian lady driver....

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Coaching is everything in the NRL, we’ve had dud coaches after Des.

Go back and look at the coaches who’ve made GF appearances for the last 25 years. The same names keep popping up, Bellamy, Bennett, Hasler, Cleary, Robinson.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hence my fluke comment
But you went on to say you can’t see us beating them lol. If we “fluked” the win last year as you reckon, what’s to say we won’t again? Anyway, the point is too many people are getting their knickers in a knot over a single game.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Grand Final Coaches Appearances since 2000

2022 - Cleary, Arthur
2021 - Cleary, Bennett
2020 - Bellamy, Cleary
2019 - Robinson, Stuart
2018 - Robinson, Bellamy
2017 - Bellamy, Green
2016 - Flanagan, Bellamy
2015 - Green, Bennett
2014 - Maguire, Hasler
2013 - Robinson, Toovey
2012 - Bellamy, Hasler
2011 - Hasler, Cleary
2010 - Bennett, Smith
2009 - Bellamy, Anderson
2008 - Hasler, Bellamy
2007 - Bellamy, Hasler
2006 - Bennett, Bellamy
2005 - Sheens, Murray
2004 - Folkes, Stuart
2003 - Lang, Stuart
2002 - Stuart, Anderson
2001 - Hagan, Smith
2000 - Bennett, Murray

Most GF appearances: Bellamy (9), Bennett (5), Hasler (5), Cleary (4), Stuart (4), Robinson (3)

KakkaDog

Banned
Reaction score
Is there nowhere to talk about their Stan doc? It is brilliant. Wayne funny af, very earnest, creative, flowing. The lad with the poem was cringe in Ep1, but by Ep 2 I was feeling it. So good to see the difficult tribulations, not signing players, Wayne showing humanity, Scotty flipping out in the coaches box. Kaufusi, Jesse and Kenny speaking from the heart. Ray Stone becoming my mancrush

If a thread exists somewhere send my dumb ass there.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Nobody mentioned we have 1 million dollars + of cap tied up in forwards tpj and thompson who are injured, when bitching we dont have enough forwards

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I know I've mentioned it plenty of times, but our genius fuckwits on the boards at the time refused his request to coach us before and after Des.
yet @1967 says that the Moore family and legacy is amazing and should never be questioned.