16. Mark Nicholls
17. Jarrod Wallace

Coach: Wayne Bennett

Last edited:

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dolphins.jpg

So the Dolphins have 24 players. Where's the other 2/3 of their salary cap going to go?

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weird signing after you signed two halves. Is he playing fullback as he should have been his whole career? Issako is awful!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Weird signing after you signed two halves. Is he playing fullback as he should have been his whole career? Issako is awful!
Can't see him having the legs to play fullback, Milford 6, O'Sullivan 7 and Nikorima 14 would be my guess. Isaako 1 at this stage but I don't like him there. He was good under Bennett previously tho.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
View attachment 56566

So the Dolphins have 24 players. Where's the other 2/3 of their salary cap going to go?
They've spent a lot of salary cap on their current roster and all their players on 2+ year deals. If they don't get a couple of marquees for next year it's a pretty big fail.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't see him having the legs to play fullback, Milford 6, O'Sullivan 7 and Nikorima 14 would be my guess. Isaako 1 at this stage but I don't like him there. He was good under Bennett previously tho.
Katoa is potentially a great halfback, don't get the signing.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Bennett has always said that Milford is a 6.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They've spent a lot of salary cap on their current roster and all their players on 2+ year deals. If they don't get a couple of marquees for next year it's a pretty big fail.
Yep they've spent a lot on not a great side - ie overpaid. They needed another year to get ready

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

'In 2024 Munster is a Dolphin' declares leading NRL journalist, as Latrell Mitchell back-up plan emerges

Former Bulldogs captain James Graham has said the Dolphins would need to offer Cameron Munster the biggest per-season deal in the history of the NRL in order to pry him away from Melbourne, as the expansion franchise continues to hunt a marquee man for their future. Graham's comments on Triple M came after journalist Ben Dobbin declared "in 2024 Munster is a Dolphin, that's my gut". "I think it'll be a four year deal," Dobbin added, agreeing with Gorden Tallis' prediction that the contract would be worth around $6 million over that period.

"We all know Wayne has got the structures in place around what he thinks players are worth, and how that affects the salary cap - but look at some of these players in this rich list that are out there," Graham said in response.
The rich list, which was published in The Daily Telegraph over the weekend, lists Nathan Cleary as the highest paid player in the NRL at $1.3 million per year. Graham said Munster would likely set back the Dolphins a contract in the region of $1.5 million-a-season.
"A lot of them are people [on this rich list] who are playing at the club they've been at for a long time. I think for Munster to go onto the open market, to go to a new franchise team ... he'll be the highest paid player in the game."
Dobbin put forward Latrell Mitchell as a 'smoky' to reunite with Bennett in Brisbane, but a departure from the Rabbitohs seems exceptionally unlikely; by all accounts, Mitchell is as happy as he's ever been, and loves the club.

Future moves involving players like Mitchell were the entire reason for letting Adam Reynolds leave - and the Rabbitohs are hopeful of inking not only their star fullback, but also Cody Walker and Damien Cook to extensions in the coming weeks. Coach Jason Demetriou told the Sun-Herald he was 'very confident' that all three would be extending their stay. The trio are currently all off-contract at the end of next season.

Former NRL enforcer Tallis laughed off suggestions of Mitchell reuniting with Bennett in Queensland, saying it was too far away from the Rabbitohs star's farm near Taree. "There's a bigger picture for him," Tallis said. Taree, in northern NSW, is a three-and-a-half hour drive from Redfern, and Mitchell regularly commutes between the two places - a much harder route if he were in Brisbane. "I've never seen a guy more settled - and going back to country, and doing what he's doing, that's more important to Latrell now than money," Tallis said. I actually think the balance he's got in his life, especially at this moment in time, I think he's the happiest. You just watch him play, the way he's talking." On the back of some of the best footy of his young career, Mitchell and the Rabbitohs are surging. Since his return from injury, Souths have won six out of seven, including three against top eight teams - their only loss coming in golden point against the Sharks.

More click bate from Dobbin.

Always a Bulldog

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tbh, Dobbo sounds like an OK bloke but he's also a dead set dribbler with a strike rate that would make Dave Holland blush.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

NRL 2022: Storm legend Cameron Smith says 2023 will be star Cameron Munster’s last year in Melbourne
A bitter finals exit may not be the last blow for Melbourne Storm, with a club legend predicting a big move.

The news could keep getting worse for Melbourne Storm in the wake of Saturday’s bitter NRL finals exit, with club legend Cameron Smith declaring next year will be Cameron Munster’s last at the club.
Munster is off-contract at the end of 2023 and the 27-year-old had put off talks on his future beyond then until the end of the finals.
While he’s committed to the club next season, and Storm coach Craig Bellamy also declared he wasn’t going anywhere, Smith, the longest serving captain in Melbourne’s history, thinks Munster will join new NRL team the Dolphins from 2024.
The Dolphins are set to throw a $1m-a-season offer at Munster, and Smith said if the Queensland Origin star wanted to stay in Melbourne, he would have decided by now.
“If I’m brutally honest, if he was to commit to the Melbourne Storm and extend his contract, he would’ve done so by now,” Smith said on Monday morning.
“That’s my gut feeling.
“He’s been at the club since he was 16 years of age and we’ve heard (Munster’s manager) Braith Anasta come out and say the Melbourne Storm offer is in the area it should be.
“So what’s holding him back?
“As bad as this may sound for all the Storm supporters and myself, I feel like he will be going to the Dolphins.”
The newest NRL club is yet to land a marquee signing for 2023 and had tried to get Munster out of Melbourne early, but the Storm refused to budge.

Storm stalwarts Jesse and Kenny Bromwich, as well as Felise Kaufusi, are all joining the Dolphins next season.

Last week, Munster said a move to Brisbane, for family reasons, was weighing on his mind.

“If it was only about myself, then I’d love to stay,” he said.

“But at the same time I’ve got a young family that I need to worry about and obviously she’s from Queensland, so we need to make sure we will make the right decision.”

Smith said the Storm, which made a first-week finals exit for the first time since 2014, was now facing a tricky battle to remain in contention next season with the exit of players, which includes Kiwi international Brandon Smith.

“They’re four premiership players and four representative players as well,” Smith told SEN.

“They’re losing a whole heap of experience.

“They are four players that are also in their starting 13, so it’s a big chunk of their starting side now out of this team.

“This is going to be a big challenge for the club and Craig Bellamy as coach.”

The Storm finished outside the top four for the first time since 2014 and it ultimately proved costly, as they bowed out in the first week of finals.

Always a Bulldog

Last edited: