Dogs want to sign Joey Leilua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think we should be good samaritans and help the raiders with their salary cap stress. We’ll take cotric and that should free up some space for them to re-sign BJ
Exactly. They want to offload him to keep cotric and Simonson

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No fucking way ever!!!
No
No
And NO!!!
Apart from the fact he’s a massive wanker and suspension risk - he’s injury prone now.
I will never cheer this arsehole grub

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There's no way Holland or Montoya should play FG again for us. I'm happy if Harper, Averillo or someone else on the cheap does the job for another year or so until the right player comes along. I don't think Leilua is that player for the money he'd be asking for.
Dean Pay loves Monty tho.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sure he would give his right eye to play for us ...

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Of course if Manu , Cotric, Mitchell or Xerri were a chance, that would obviously be first preference but I think a player like Leilua could be good as he is better than what we have got at the moment and a 2 year deal would be good timing for the development of the 3 young gun centres that we apparently have coming through the lower grades (Averillo, the kid we just signed from the Dragons plus the other Bulldog junior who has had plenty of wraps on here) and hopefully these kids should be ready to make the step up to first grade by then. We don't want to block the pathway to first grade if any of these 3 are potential stars

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
They’ll let go walker in a heart beat if it means they can get Latrell and if he really is on a big contract like you say that’s more money they have available to make Latrell a strong offer.
Them letting him go isn’t as simple as your implying.

Think of what we just gone through.

If woods and Mbye where on 800-900k whatever stupid figure we “let them
Go” and got left holding a huge chunk of it.

That’s without even listing a bunch of other players who are no doubt on reasonable contracts there.

My point was simply that Souths couldn’t match us.[/QUOTE]
Hang on.... you realise Cody Walker is off contract the same time as Latrell and they don’t have to pay him anything if they don’t resign him? Same with a few others.

And yes I understand we will have the most room in the cap that was never the argument at all. I stand by my point Souths are a viable option for him particularly with the lure to be a role model for his community and they can get the cash together.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I can't quote, not sure what you guys have done above me.

The reality is if both us and Rabbitohs offer Latrell 1m then he's going to the Rabbitohs. I think if we have to get in a bidding war over 1m, so 1.1-1.2m then we just move on. That's when I'd give up on signing Latrell. Manu's a really good 2nd option anyways (lower peak, doesn't goal kick) and would be a lot cheaper. He reminds me of a young SBW in the face and with his offload.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't quote, not sure what you guys have done above me.

The reality is if both us and Rabbitohs offer Latrell 1m then he's going to the Rabbitohs. I think if we have to get in a bidding war over 1m, so 1.1-1.2m then we just move on. That's when I'd give up on signing Latrell. Manu's a really good 2nd option anyways (lower peak, doesn't goal kick) and would be a lot cheaper. He reminds me of a young SBW in the face and with his offload.
1m for Latrell Mitchell. You are off your head

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1m for Latrell Mitchell. You are off your head
That's what we'd have to pay or anyone else that's going to try lure him away from the Roosters. Latrell is worth 700k.

Manu is worth 500k (maybe even pushing for 600k this year). You're looking at 700-800k for him.

Otherwise they'll just resign at their current clubs. If you don't understand that then you probably shouldn't be saying I'm off my head.

If you just want to keep signing reserve graders or hoping we can get a reject for value then good for you. Enjoy another 5-10 year rebuild.

We have to land a couple top signings to help us attract players in the future (and have better results post 2020). We're not going to be a consistent top 8 team with the team we have now.

There's a reason all the targets we're being linked to aren't joining us or won't join us. If we have to pay overs for a player/position, we're going to do it for the best player in that position available (the higher quality and fewer positions the better as less players are getting paid more then their value, you don't want a case where you're paying overs for 5-7 players in the team, e.g. if we signed Koroisau, Ramien, Ese'ese and more players around this level, as you're just wasting 100-300k per player).

It'll be very similar to the Knights signing Ponga (600k), Pearce (1m) and Klemmer (850k), yes they haven't had any success, but we have a better base and leadership group. My version would be Grant, Latrell and Fifita (you can substitute Latrell for Manu, or Radradra for Fifita, but you should get the point).

If you have an alternative I'd really love to hear it. This is pretty black and white for me and I'm yet to hear (see) another option that makes sense or is better.

Last edited:

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That's what we'd have to pay or anyone else that's going to try lure him away from the Roosters. Latrell is worth 700k. Manu is worth 500k. You're looking at 700-800k for him.

Otherwise they'll just resign at their current clubs. If you don't understand that then you probably shouldn't be saying I'm off my head.

If you just want to keep signing reserve graders or hoping we can get a reject for value then good for you. Enjoy another 5-10 year rebuild.

We have to land a couple top signings to help us attract players in the future (and have better results post 2020). We're not going to be a consistent top 8 team with the team we have now.

There's a reason all the targets we're being linked to aren't joining us or won't join us. If we have to pay overs for a player/position, we're going to do it for the best player in that position available (the higher quality and fewer positions the better as less players are getting paid more then their value, you don't want a case where you're paying overs for 5-7 players in the team, e.g. if we signed Koroisau, Ramien, Ese'ese and more players around this level, as you're just wasting 100-300k per player).

It'll be very similar to the Knights signing Ponga (600k), Pearce (1m) and Klemmer (850k), yes they haven't had any success, but we have a better base and leadership group. My version would be Grant, Latrell and Fifita (you can substitute Latrell for Manu, or Radradra for Fifita, but you should get the point).

If you have an alternative I'd really love to hear it. This is pretty black and white for me and I'm yet to hear (see) another option that makes sense or is better.
I agree with the other chap.

You are off ur head x2

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's what we'd have to pay or anyone else that's going to try lure him away from the Roosters. Latrell is worth 700k. Manu is worth 500k. You're looking at 700-800k for him.

You're off your head (edited to say x3)

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He got injured and ruled out for the season. He was getting picked before that.
We weren’t winning many games with him in the team though. Interesting to see the pecking order next season and if Pay rewards the players who played well in the backend of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.