1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Dogs want to sign Joey Leilua

Discussion in 'Rumours' started by bradtalo, Sep 14, 2019.

1. AlphaPapaBravo

AlphaPapaBravo Immortal

he isnt being as physically dominant tbh despite the dominance of Parra, hes talented but so awkward at the same time

2. Bulldogs09

Bulldogs09 Immortal

Liked him at panthers. Rate him. He’s good. Agree he’s always been unorthodox though he is big fast and strong. Both attack and defensive is solid and has passing, kicking pretty well too. Gus said he had played a bit of half growing up so he has a good shortnkicking game that’s notnused as much as it should be.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bradyk

bradyk Kennel Enthusiast

My friend that supports the Panthers was/is more upset with Blake leaving then DWZ. We all rate DWZ so highly, so something to think about. Watching Panthers last year Kikau and Blake were the biggest 2 strike weapons.

4. NPC83

NPC83 Forum Regular

Sutton’s on nothing these days like Gallen just been taking low deals for the loyalty to club on 1 year deals.

Don’t forget cook would be on a big deal. Reynolds, sburgess, gagai, walker etc.

Added Roberts mid year who wouldn’t be on peanuts. I don’t think Inglis money is there for latrell.

My view anyway.[/QUOTE]
    I wrote earlier Walker has been told to explore his options they won’t be giving him a big contract. George Burgess was on decent coin also on his way out. S Burgess, Cook and Gagai all under contract anyway before Inglis money was available so not going to get upgraded. I’d be really surprised if they don’t make a solid play for him Latrell.

5. Bulldogs09

Bulldogs09 Immortal

I wrote earlier Walker has been told to explore his options they won’t be giving him a big contract. George Burgess was on decent coin also on his way out. S Burgess, Cook and Gagai all under contract anyway before Inglis money was available so not going to get upgraded. I’d be really surprised if they don’t make a solid play for him Latrell.[/QUOTE]

They already gave walker a big contract...

Apparently Being told to explore options doesn’t mean he goes.

6. NPC83

NPC83 Forum Regular

I think you said it all above “stupid amounts” that’s what it would take to get Latrell and it’s not worth it. I think they have offers ready to go but roosters players are in the middle of a potential back to back campaign they will sort it out shortly after.

7. Baseball Furies

Baseball Furies Kennel Enthusiast

Hopefully the Kotoni Staggs lovers on here are watching the game today, fuck me the missed tackles and misreads in defence are disgraceful!

If it was Montoya, he’d be getting crucified..

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. NPC83

NPC83 Forum Regular

They already gave walker a big contract...

Apparently Being told to explore options doesn’t mean he goes.[/QUOTE]
    They’ll let go walker in a heart beat if it means they can get Latrell and if he really is on a big contract like you say that’s more money they have available to make Latrell a strong offer.

9. bradyk

bradyk Kennel Enthusiast

Would you rather Leilua for 600k or Manu for 700k. Unless Leilua signs for 400-500k I don't think we're going to sign him. We might as well pay extra for one of the best players in that position. If someone pops up in the meantime for the right price we should sign them, I just think it's very unlikely.

10. AlzzBulldog

AlzzBulldog Kennel Enthusiast

It sounded like you were implying that, my bad

• Like Like x 1
  11. NPC83

NPC83 Forum Regular

Bro Manu for $700k all day.... sadly I’m pretty sure it won’t happen... hope I’m wrong though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. bradtalo

bradtalo Forum Regular

Yes while Leilua and Radradra are decent players if we're rebuilding don't we need young guys who are going to be around for the majority of their career - not at the backend of their careers ? We should target Joey Manu paying a little more for a younger better player (better defender also with less health issues) and David Fifita. If we get those 2 I'd be happy to have Radradra in addition as he is a rare talent but if Maika Sivo was available I'd sign him ahead of Radradras again because he'd be with us for a long time.

• Like Like x 1
  13. bradtalo

bradtalo Forum Regular

Agree

• Like Like x 1
  14. Spoonman84

Spoonman84 Immortal

Absolute turnstile and it’s not the first time this year either.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. bradtalo

bradtalo Forum Regular

I'd be very very surprised if Hopa was on anything close to a MIL a season. I've never heard those figures before for him. That's what he was on when he first went to the Eels but soon proved he wasn't worth those dollars. I reckon he'd be on 500. Maybe 600K because of Des the dickhead.

16. bradyk

bradyk Kennel Enthusiast

2018 - 400k
    2019 - 600k
    2020 - 800k

;D

17. doggieaaron

doggieaaron Immortal

Is that fact or numbers you just typed on a calculator??

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. Phalangist

Phalangist Kennel Enthusiast

Your talking about the roosters they can resign whoever they want

19. Bulldogs09

Bulldogs09 Immortal

They’ll let go walker in a heart beat if it means they can get Latrell and if he really is on a big contract like you say that’s more money they have available to make Latrell a strong offer.[/QUOTE]

Them letting him go isn’t as simple as your implying.

Think of what we just gone through.

If woods and Mbye where on 800-900k whatever stupid figure we “let them
    Go” and got left holding a huge chunk of it.

That’s without even listing a bunch of other players who are no doubt on reasonable contracts there.

My point was simply that Souths couldn’t match us.

20. Shnissss

Shnissss Forum Regular

I think we should be good samaritans and help the raiders with their salary cap stress. We’ll take cotric and that should free up some space for them to re-sign BJ

• Like Like x 5