Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What would concern me, and probably the biggest factor as to why Raiders are looking to move him on... not so much that he does the bonehead shit, but the fact he is aware of how his actions impact on the team, but doesn't care to change... that's not the attitude you want in a team sport
Because they want to retain Cotric, Simonsson can shift to wing at a better price and they have another 1 or 2 youngsters that could do a job coming through. Financially it makes sense for them.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because they want to retain Cotric, Simonsson can shift to wing at a better price and they have another 1 or 2 youngsters that could do a job coming through. Financially it makes sense for them.

yeah true but these whispers aren't exactly new... either way I think a lot of supporters will be pissed if we waste money on him... we need to buy winners not rejects

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd be happy with 400k over 2 seasons. We can't score points and he will change that, medical would be required to see where he is with his neck though
less of a risk then Latrell at $1m in my opinion.

Last edited:

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think BJ at $450k is less of a risk then Latrell at $1m just my opinion.

So would, Staggs, Manu, Cotric, Scott etc and a number of our juniors. Just because he's available doesn't mean we should make an offer. Just my opinion.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is that Leilua 2m from the line with an open Rapana but decide to take on 2-3 defenders? :tearsofjoy:
You've isolated 1 play from an injury disrupted season were he wasn't even expected to play. You also conveniently want to leave out the part where his flick pass got them into the GF.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
yeah true but these whispers aren't exactly new... either way I think a lot of supporters will be pissed if we waste money on him... we need to buy winners not rejects
It's not wasted money. He brings a skillset that we currently lack at the club and at the right price he is worth the risk.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
True, but we shouldn't really compare it to stupid overpriced deals otherwise we would be comparing every potential deal to Foran and claiming it is a good deal lol

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You've isolated 1 play from an injury disrupted season were he wasn't even expected to play. You also conveniently want to leave out the part where his flick pass got them into the GF.
I've left out a lot, you've conveniently left out ever other blunder this year bar that flick pass :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Many other players id rather have than this bloke, that's all i'm trying to say. Not worth the money

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I've left out a lot, you've conveniently left out ever other blunder this year bar that flick pass :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Many other players id rather have than this bloke, that's all i'm trying to say. Not worth the money
I honestly think Leilua's worth 400k. Which is probably why we're going to have to pay more (which is when I'd wait for the better Centres coming up in November). If we actually got him for 400k it'd be a good addition regardless. We know he has a lot of highs and lows but we just have to have trust in the coaching staff and leadership group that they can get the best out of him. If we're able to do that then we'll have a 500-600k Centre on our hands.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

He had a shit season, I don't deny that. Still came up with plenty of good despite people acting like he fucked up with every touch of the ball.

Who would you rather have that's available? I'd start Averillo at centre personally and prefer not to waste any time with Harper as his skillset is nothing out of the ordinary. Outside the club there is very little available.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He had a shit season, I don't deny that. Still came up with plenty of good despite people acting like he fucked up with every touch of the ball.

Who would you rather have that's available? I'd start Averillo at centre personally and prefer not to waste any time with Harper as his skillset is nothing out of the ordinary. Outside the club there is very little available.
Yep me too, lets do that. That is what im saying mate. Rather the risk with the likes of Averillo/Harper than take the risk with BJ who does have a pretty dodgey injury with the neck.

No player is off limits this day and age if we throw money at them, that's the age we live in. But for legit off contract players, haven't really gone through the lists. Not many for next year, at this stage, who knows by Nov 1 though.

But hey lets see what happens, if he does come will still cheer him on, just not a fan.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Suli problem was that he only realise Manly was going to his last chance to play football.
Exactly. I saw a recent interview with Suli where he admitted this was the difference - he finally realised it was his last chance at Manly. Nothing really to do with coaching although Des did drop him for a week or 2 and gave him an earfull when he got overweight at one stage. Wish Des had given Tony Williams a few ear bashings when he was with us. Never happened.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
True, but we shouldn't really compare it to stupid overpriced deals otherwise we would be comparing every potential deal to Foran and claiming it is a good deal lol
Lol point taken.. but my comparison is cause they play the same position and we are linked to both players. I can’t deny people’s criticisms of BJ.. but due to our desperate need for an attacking centre I think the price that’s been floated around is not going to be too detrimental to us salary cap wise compared to Latrell which would be a nightmare if he didn’t fire on that sort of money.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I really hate when Foran is brought up regarding the salary cap in regards to moving forward. Not only was he on overs (average 1m a season) but on a back ended deal. Foran is also not the only player in our club on a back ended deal. That's the biggest reason we're in the mess we're, the back ended deals (misjudged the increase in salary cap).

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I really hate when Foran is brought up regarding the salary cap in regards to moving forward. Not only was he on overs (average 1m a season) but on a back ended deal. Foran is also not the only player in our club on a back ended deal. That's the biggest reason we're in the mess we're, the back ended deals (misjudged the increase in salary cap).
I agree with your whole comment mate but misjudging the salary cap increase was the tip of the iceberg and we released far more in player value than the extra salary cap Ray Dib was accounting for. Add up your rough salaries of all players we released and you’ll see what I mean

Status
Not open for further replies.