Dogs to upset Panthers

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As the title suggests I reckon we have a chance against them at Bankwest if we get even possession. I didn't think we were that bad against the Knights just got tired from all the defence.
I agree... we weren’t allowed to be in that game yesterday, people on here just have no positivity whatsoever

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
bahahah mate we can't even beat an egg at the moment. I think the best we can hope for is to keep within 3 converted tries. I will eat my words on here publicly if I' m wrong but I'd wager we wont even get close except for the kick off

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
bahahah mate we can't even beat an egg at the moment. I think the best we can hope for is to keep within 3 converted tries. I will eat my words on here publicly if I' m wrong but I'd wager we wont even get close except for the kick off
If we can shore up our defence, we can score a decent amount of points

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imagine the players going into that game with your mentality

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Panthers could of been so much better just then vs the Cowboys and they still won 24-0. Next week could be nasty. They have way too much energy and strike power and our defence is shambolic.

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Imagine the players going into that game with your mentality
lucky they don't read this forum. With the mean shit everyone says about our blokes if they did they'd top themselves..... Napa, DWZ, Lewis just to name a few. I'm just being realistic. There are teams we are a good chance of beating just not top teams like the rorters Panthers storm bunnies etc.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe the next week vs the Broncos but I doubt we get close to Panthers.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Panthers gonna have a field day..

That Knights side was missing their star player in Ponga, their 6 in Green, their origin winger Eddy Lee and lost Mann and Bradman Best to injury in the game.. and they still ran all over us lol.

We are at the very start of another cycle of rebuilding.. the last 3 seasons were a complete waste of time.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I went into yesterday's game with high expectations and ended up devastated.

I'm going into next week's game with low expectations and will hopefully end up pleasantly surprised.
I don't think expecting to beat the Knights was having high expectations tbf and that just made it worse. We have a good record in Newcastle, they were missing key players, they suffered injuries...it was one of the most winnable games we will get this season and they put 30+ on us.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Panthers gonna have a field day..

That Knights side was missing their star player in Ponga, their 6 in Green, their origin winger Eddy Lee and lost Mann and Bradman Best to injury in the game.. and they still ran all over us lol.

We are at the very start of another cycle of rebuilding.. the last 3 seasons were a complete waste of time.
the last three seasons were unfortunately necessary to endure due to how mismanaged our cap was... as a result, a lot of the errors from the previous regime (not all but a lot) we have now moved beyond

I think the club has also done well in recruitment for this year and for next year as well addressing the spine (minus hooker), the outside backs and a couple role players in the pack

however, sometimes it takes time to climb out of a big hole... more recruitment needed, more deadwood to be cut loose, greater emphasis on the junior grades and development

for now, and for the rest of 2021, I am happy for Barrett to be in charge... unless we win the spoon, I think Barrett's role need not be reviewed until early to mid 2022

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There aren't many genuine upsets with these new rules anymore and I don't see one happening next week. If we can stay competitive and address ball security and defence, then that would be a step in the right direction. Patience is needed results wise. We're in week two of another rebuild amidst a tough draw.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
. I didn't think we were that bad against the Knights just got tired from all the defence.
Our ball control was horrible . We were bad. The only thing we can debate is whether Cummins refereeing was worse than our performance.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
No chance of a win, but I think we could get close/within ten of them and that is good enough for me. I’d be happy with a 26-16 type score.