Dogs to leave showground in '06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
I have read this little column in the sunday telegraph saying that the bulldogs leagues club want to leave the sydney showground in 2006 and play all home games at telstra.

The RACS are pissed off about it because the dogs have committed to play at the showground til the end of the 07 season but Noad has said that the dogs are not gaining enough profit from the showground as they are losing a hell lot of money each time the dogs play there with ground maintenance, low gate receipts and paying $15,000 for the big screen.

It was an interesting little article to read about though...

Bulldog Power

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would seriously even vote for some keyunt from the liberal party if some politician offered to fix up belmore........

actually no I wouldnt, hopefully the labour canidate will match the offer and i can save my soul.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
WOOHOO

but im a lil upset I thought they were going to dump the Showground this year

I carnt stand it there your watching the game on this annoying angle mind you this is from Halfway and you still get that angle

also the Benchplayers block your view and Sometimes you Miss some of Sonny's freak offloads

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
The Entertainers said:
wern't they going to build a stadium out at Bass Hill ??
isnt bass hill used for training purposes and where are they going to get the money to build a stadium there?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I havent been to a game at the showground for a while, last time was a canberra game at the end of 2003 when i got there 1/2 hour before kick off and when we finally got inside it was 25minutes into the game. There were so many fans still buying tickets and i think when i go to telstra even when im a bit late i can get in fast plus from the carpark the showgrounds is 200 metres more walk then telstra .lol. i dont want to be doing an unnessesary 2 minutes walk.i even drive to the corner store which next door to my house

M

MrCharisma

All I can say is pick and home ground and stay there! We don't have a home ground atm because we bounce back and forth between venues

A

atomic_crimson

showground sucks... im all for telstra... but we need bigger crowds for smaller games if itsd the case

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Telstra seems like a graveyard when there is less than 25 or less than 20000 there. Its so quiet and the atmosphere is so crappy.

Greek Dog

Hijack your sh!t
Reaction score
I prefer Telstra to the showgrounds but the crowd numbers are the problem with Telstra, its just way too big. But in saying that, its an awesome hunting ground for us. Not alot of teams get out of there alive against us

Pineapple_Boy

Waterboy
Reaction score
Id love them all to be played at telstra because we're members there and all the tickets are free with the membership.

A

Anil

Stevie J said:
Telstra seems like a graveyard when there is less than 25 or less than 20000 there. Its so quiet and the atmosphere is so crappy.
Telstra is only a graveyard for visiting teams, especially the roosters ;)

MiteyDogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love it if they were all at Telstra, all you have to do is sit near the bulldogs army and it has all the atmosphere you need.
The Showgrounds crap, although that last game in the salary cap year against the Broncos was one of the best games i've been too.

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
The sooner we leave the Showground the better !! when it rains you are toatally F*ucked !! and the distance from the playing field to the stands is too far !! I hate the place :(

A

Anil

Plus I always worry about the showground games, they are always tight, no matter who we play.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Greek Dog said:
I prefer Telstra to the showgrounds but the crowd numbers are the problem with Telstra, its just way too big. But in saying that, its an awesome hunting ground for us. Not alot of teams get out of there alive against us
That doesnt bother the dogs management because they make huge profit out of telstra and thats the reason why the tigpies chose to play at telstra for the next few seasons.

>iTs A dOgG LyF<

.aka. DoG4LyFe
Reaction score
thank god for this, i HATE the showground & telstra is good when you have 20000-30000, just sit with the army like me, it goes crazy-all the atmosphere you need.

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back to Belmore i say, we would make a fortune from it as the resnt would be dirt cheap plus the crowds would be good anf the atmosphere is AWESOME!!!!!

Greek Dog

Hijack your sh!t
Reaction score
Belmore is dead will never go there unless the place is rebuilt from the ground up and I can't see it happening any time soon

*Karlz*

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reaction score
I was really hopeing the new stadium at Livo would actually be built. But thats not happening anymore. Quite a disappointment for me actually. Telstra is good, but I know what you mean about the atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.