Dogs to give Barrett $3m cheque book as Penrith allow him to start talks over replacing Pay

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barrett’s time at Manly for the most part. Was with a seriously under equipped setup. He had financial hurdles with Salary Cap restrictionists not unlike Pays tenure at the Dogs.

He wouldn’t have been my first choice but if he can bring some of the Penrith young talent. I will get behind the choice. A decision needs to be made. I will get behind whatever that decision is.
GO THE DOGS!

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
you guys are already in the #sack barrett mode

man id hate to be a dogs coach
They never went for my idea of you to coach in 2021. So you wont have to ever worry about being coach of the dogs!

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All we need now is Nathan Brown as assistant coach and Trent giving him a sideline turkey slap..
Can't do that anymore:grinning:
HIA laws.
Also depends I guess on the size of the turkey and what impact.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
They never went for my idea of you to coach in 2021. So you wont have to ever worry about being coach of the dogs!
id do an ok jobn because i have the answers to what is needed.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: I feel for pay he doesn’t deserve that treatment..... such a shame. Atleast bulldogs will have the best looking coach in the league. Maybe he caught get his wife to over see the cheerleaders.... honeys only please

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Whoever is coming in will need to be available straight away.

They're going to have to work on recruits for next year and decide who to retain.

Personally I'd go with Griffin, I think he's winning percentage with Penrith was about 60 and they were travelling well but Phil Gould's ego meant he was moved on.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is the problem. When you pay sh*t your going to get sh*t so hold on everyone... Once T Barrett comes in telling us his so awesome, it's going to be 3 years of boring football.

Simple plan

1.C Bellamy - We weren't even close to getting him
2.W Bennett - We were probably 50/50 and the board didn't go overs to get him
3. A Griffin - Great coach that would be number three priory however we are so oblivious to even consider him.

4 Under 10's Coach

5 . T Barrett

We haven't moved anywhere with coach selections.... back to square one
You lost me at Griffin

Kebab74

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Kimmorley and Ennis have been named in the press as possible assistants to incoming coaches. Why not see if they can come in and help now?
Whoever we have now just isn’t cutting it
Neither have a proven history in terms of Coaching, might as well promote Nasheed to the head coaching position .. Next!

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gotta love the clubs thinking. Lets not renew a coach with a 33% win record and instead sign a coach with a 40% win record. I guess step in the right direction no? :p

Wish we'd have gone for a more established or proven coach. Unless it's the boards way of buying more time. We were supposed to have 2 titles by 2019. Looks like we might have 2 spoons and 5 years of no finals by 2021 instead.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Imagine Pay trying to teach that..

"Okay boys so if you can see on page one of.. well there's only one page.. I've written complete sets and then underneath that run hard, tackle hard.... Okay that sums up the course... Any questions?"

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Neither have a proven history in terms of Coaching, might as well promote Nasheed to the head coaching position .. Next!
Exactly this. You could have the best football mind. But a head coach juggles strategies, recruitment, people management, finances, coaching staff, training, salary cap to a degree. Then needs to have the pulling power if you are after a player to close the deal.

Pay does seem like a nice person, but that won't win you a game let alone a grand final. We have 6-7 million and 25 open roster spots over the next 2 years. Just hope we aren't focused on players like Stimpson, Britt, Katoa, Nu Brown, Chris Chrichton, Napa, Lafai, JMK. Just don't know what pulling power and what squad management skills Barrett will have in shaping us to be a top 6 team, because in my book 7-8 isn't good enough. We need to get back to being perennial finalists. 8th won't get us a 2 million dollar jersey sponsor.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Imagine Pay trying to teach that..

"Okay boys so if you can see on page one of.. well there's only one page.. I've written complete sets and then underneath that run hard, tackle hard.... Okay that sums up the course... Any questions?"
He'd have bring back the madness written several times too :p

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said to bring them as assistants? Kimmorley has experience coaching in multiple roles. Ennis is a coaching consultant for the Raiders, I’m not sure what that actually means though.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I said to bring them as assistants? Kimmorley has experience coaching in multiple roles. Ennis is a coaching consultant for the Raiders, I’m not sure what that actually means though.
Not sure how accurate it is. But Jason Ryles has huge wraps on him as a future coach. Doubt he'd leave the storm, but he'd make a great assistant it would seem.

Kebab74

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Neither are qualified both are valuable in a advisory type role, If Barrett is coach someone like Griffen or Tim Sheen should be sounded out