Dogs to give Barrett $3m cheque book as Penrith allow him to start talks over replacing Pay

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 50/50 on this call. I think Baz has a great mind for footy, but can he rebuild this club. If he is here he needs help. Griffin, Hagan, to run the rebuild and Barrett to coach than I'm happy.
No my biggest gripe with 360 and every other journo who sucks des off for what he done at manly. Remember the rot at the dogs started with Des, we went on a decent losing run with that c***. We had one of the worst attacks especially for a decent roster. Every fuck forgets the last year he was here he was at pays level. Between marble mouth Kent and sock in mouth hoops they have no fucking clue. Buz won't live long let him slide the drunk fuck. Rant over but still don't feel better
In regards to Paul Kent, what do you expect when his parents are also brother/sister.....

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not defending him, he is shit. The issue is that this lot has done it once and they will probably do it again.
Maybe. Hope they don’t because I’ve gone all in on Pay as a dud so if they didn’t support the next coach and he failed well then they have more to answer for then I believe at the moment :tearsofjoy:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I seriously don't know what to think, it's obvious pay isn't the answer and I'm not sure if Barrett will be.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can Barrett attract top players? He was able to bring in some decent attacking back rowers to Manly on a tight budget. He was also able to bring Korisau across to Penrith.

Surely there will be some disillusioned Manly players from Desball and some young guns at Penrith who are stuck behind established first graders he can bring across.
Can we hire him as recruitment manager and Wane as coach

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Barter can’t take the credit for Jake Trbo and crediting him for Tom is like crediting Mick Potter developing Tedesco. Sometimes coaches get lucky and either recruit or have generational talent coming through the grades.
It seems Barrett is doing well as an assistant maybe we should be getting Pay better assistants who can help the attack and defence
He hasnt got any assistants. Hes got Georgallis.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay got used and abused. I dont care what any of you say. You can all get fucked. The poor bastard got absolutely used like a cheap kite. If he gets the sack i will rally with sponsors to walk away.
Mate he can’t coach that’s all there is to it? Can’t keep him on for sympathy this team has regressed every year our defence was our strong point last year we won a few games on the back of that still only scoring the two or three tries though now we concede average 30 can only put that down to the coach he’s had his time

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whilst I dont like the Barrett signing at all as hes inexperienced and not proven as a good head coach at all, he took a Manly side to 15th who then with a decent coach finished inside the 8. Also spending this 3 million could mean some of the most important signings in this clubs history, we need a coach players want to play for, if we waste this money, we could be in trouble for a lot longer.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whilst I dont like the Barrett signing at all as hes inexperienced and not proven as a good head coach at all, he took a Manly side to 15th who then with a decent coach finished inside the 8. Also spending this 3 million could mean some of the most important signings in this clubs history, we need a coach players want to play for, if we waste this money, we could be in trouble for a lot longer.
If Barrett does get the gig, I’ll be very curious to know who the assistants will be as they will be crucial.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If this is true, that better also be announcing a head of coaching as well as a whole host of assistants.
Without any support behind him, or the same support as Pay has had, this doesn't fill me with confidence.

A realative rookie being given the keys to our kingdom?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
dirty thang to do to Pay. everyone knew this was a write off year.
This became a write off year. There was no reason not to believe leading into it that we could be respectable and hold our own.

Although I don't think Pay is our man I do think it is rough to go from one rookie to another one without proven quals. On that it's a big call, especially now that the new rookie would get the keys to the cheque book.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barretts a great attack coach our attack is poo pay was always a puppet in this scenario the next coach after him was gona get accolades the Teams regressed and its time for a change at the end of the day is sports competitive nature and its the game playing simple boring footy no creativity or anything exciting sub par performance is accepted in this club and its shouldnt be the case

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Barrett is the choice then I'll look at the positives that he's an attacking coach who players seem to respect.

If he can lure Burton, Chrichton and others and turn us into an attacking threat after ten plus years of Des/Payball then that's a step in the right direction.

He wouldn't be my choice and I have my doubts but those are the positives. The other positive is that he's not Dean Pay and he actually has a clue tactically.

If Barrett is the coach, they need to spend a tonne on highly rated assistants to help him out. No more Georgallis types who offer nothing.