Official Dogs sign Reed Mahoney (4 year deal)

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Video of the meeting could be from a few different perspectives. Perhaps Mahoney wasn't getting the traction in negotiations that his manager needed. So they could arrange a meeting and get video on the sly to spark some desperation from other clubs when it's released in the media.

Given that B. Smith, Koroisau and Mahoney are hunting new deals, Mahoney is probably the lowest profile of those three. Perhaps other suitors aren't paying attention to him.

If our club released the video, it might be a ploy to get Mahoney to shit or get out of the bathroom. To get Parra and his other suitors to go all in on their biggest bids. Either way, if it persuaded Reed to make a decision, or if it pushed other clubs to outbid us, we'd know if we need to move our crosshairs to another target.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Let's hope so! Think @ASSASSIN has been alluding to this all along so I'd defo go with what he says.
Well if the news I got is true then it's not a case of if he signs but when does he come over, 22 or 23.

BUT

This may be a "treat them mean, keep them keen" attempt to lure cheese or reduce his asking price by saying fuck ya, take what we offer or go to one of the crappy QLD teams as we have Mahoney.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well if the news I got is true then it's not a case of if he signs but when does he come over, 22 or 23.

BUT

This may be a "treat them mean, keep them keen" attempt to lure cheese or reduce his asking price by saying fuck ya, take what we offer or go to one of the crappy QLD teams as we have Mahoney.
True, at the same time getting parra to pay overs and relinquish let's say Paulo. I'm sure it's a win win for us either way.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Video of the meeting could be from a few different perspectives. Perhaps Mahoney wasn't getting the traction in negotiations that his manager needed. So they could arrange a meeting and get video on the sly to spark some desperation from other clubs when it's released in the media.

Given that B. Smith, Koroisau and Mahoney are hunting new deals, Mahoney is probably the lowest profile of those three. Perhaps other suitors aren't paying attention to him.

If our club released the video, it might be a ploy to get Mahoney to shit or get out of the bathroom. To get Parra and his other suitors to go all in on their biggest bids. Either way, if it persuaded Reed to make a decision, or if it pushed other clubs to outbid us, we'd know if we need to move our crosshairs to another target.
Apparently the video was taken by a Canterbury LC employee and not a set up at all

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tend to think that if he was staying he would have signed by now
I have a gut feeling we got him
Fingers crossed I hope you're right.

Perhaps as a courtesy the Dogs, Mahoney & his manager are keeping quiet while the Eels continue to negotiate with Gutherson and Paulo, so that they're manager's don't significantly increase their asking prices with the extra Mahoney money.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Could also be a third option on that note. Perhaps the employee sold the video to the media.
I’ll find out the full story by next weekend but by that time hopefully it won’t matter

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Running the numbers now

Day 4 of reed thread
36 pages since 8pm Tuesday
Rudolph's brother²
2-3threads merged in on day 3

Seems well on track to hit the 100pages by end of next week.

hahahahahah! You forgot to carry the 1 after facilities squared. I believe the sum would look something like (fac² + rudolphs brother's instagram) x (36 pages / elite training facilities) + chee kam = 100 pages by Friday :tearsofjoy:

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fingers crossed I hope you're right.

Perhaps as a courtesy the Dogs, Mahoney & his manager are keeping quiet while the Eels continue to negotiate with Gutherson and Paulo, so that they're manager's don't significantly increase their asking prices with the extra Mahoney money.
All 3 have the same manager

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The whole Kennel is claiming to have inside knowledge on this HAHAHHAA, is it really the worst kept secret ?

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
hahahahahah! You forgot to carry the 1 after facilities squared. I believe the sum would look something like (fac² + rudolphs brother's instagram) x (36 pages / elite training facilities) + chee kam = 100 pages by Friday :tearsofjoy:
The algorithm is evolving
If they find a bong behind the hill they'll know whose it is

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I actually don’t mind the look of him in the blue and white. Let’s hope he kills it at fullback. Him
And Addo carr could be so deadly and throw in burton with a sneaky kick those 2 can exploit always…

Hopefully then
Pangai Thomson Cotric naden jacko Vaughan Hetho rfm jmk/cook averilo and bbo can stay healthy need them big time

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fainu would be a good pick up, I know with the off field issues going on atm but I remember watching him play couple of years ago he was going well for Manly and would come cheap?