Official Dogs sign Reed Mahoney (4 year deal)

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The hooker was upfront with the Bulldogs, telling them he wanted to speak with Parramatta before finalising his decision.

Atleast he is upfront and won’t be dicking the club around and will have made a decision in 2 weeks.
For sure. And I wouldn’t fault him for staying with Parra. Like you said, at least he was up front, seems to be genuinely interested and has narrowed it down to two clubs so far.

Unlike Smith the attention whore who between him and his agent are trying to play 16 clubs against each other to start a bidding war. Those types of players and agents you want to stay well away from.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
460k's a massive lowball. They're just helping other clubs get him for cheaper...
Good news for us if true. Didn’t the Eels get him on a development contract and would on heaps less than 460 a season even when he extended.

They probably thought it as a good deal..

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is it just me, i dont see the fuss in mahoney.
It’s a hard one. Definitely much better than we have, although he plays behind a pretty brutal pack at Parra. We sure as shit ain’t got that.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s a hard one. Definitely much better than we have, although he plays behind a pretty brutal pack at Parra. We sure as shit ain’t got that.
Brooooo, look at our pack for season 2022 it's fucking ALPHA. We won't be the light weight easy beat fat lazy fuck forwards you saw the previous few seasons.
Napa, Ogden, Atoni, Elliot. GONE!

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Even just look at this as a positive from a fact that we are in the mix. I know borders make this hard but you don’t see him at dinner with Titans officials or other clubs.

Reed offers a lot more than his ability on the field. A future leader and perfect investment for life post Jacko.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd say you are very biased. If it's because of hating Parra then that's ok !!

Season 2021 stats

3 forced dropouts

76 kicking metres avg

13 try assists - 13 line breakes

12 offloads

763 tackles at a 96% efficiency (sensational)

His kicking stats would probably be higher in a team without Moses and Brown who are two of the best.

The BULLDOGS have always valued defence from the hooker position.
Nice stats though! Hope we can get him :grinning:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mahoney doesn't have the speed of Damien Cook or Creativity of Korisau but he's definitely a smart hooker with good vision.

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's well worth the fuss. Has a great running game, great service, decent kicking game and is a very good defender. And he's still reasonably young. He would have played Origin last year if he didn't get hurt...

He's easily a top five hooker in the comp and he's not a flash in the pan that had one good season. He's been impressive the last three seasons and keeps improving. Injuries are my only worry with him but most hookers have missed their share of games.
And he's a Dog Junior mate.

Sign the man UP!!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
More then happy to see the back of Stimson and if we had to lose rfm for Mahoney ? So be it.

Jmk can go to. Minimum depth in and we fine.

When jacko Goes reinvest the $ in the back row and we are pretty well stacked.

Let’s not forget hetho has an option both ways too.

Dwz if he’s really on the books still here’s $

Throw in I don’t for a second believe we have spent Elliot’s 500k. On Asiata who might not get vaccinated? Ok
JMK will take up his PO for 23 since no one else is going to sign him. I think he's good depth and 14, but I'd probably have BBO play that role.