Official Dogs sign Reed Mahoney (4 year deal)

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That's sick, hopefully we're going hard for him. I have no issue paying him 700-800k. After Grant, Smith, Cook and Koroisau I think he's the next best and has age on his side unlike Koroisau so I personally place him higher.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He'd be a great signing and cost a fair bit less than Smith. Let's hope he's not just using us to drive up his price with Parra so he can re-sign with them.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who do you think we'd be losing to pay for him ?

I'd bet on RFM and Stimson (both off contract after 2022)

Would probably be enough to cover Mahoney + a minimum wager

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He'd be a great signing and cost a fair bit less than Smith. Let's hope he's not just using us to drive up his price with Parra so he can re-sign with them.
Could be ploy for us to make Parra desperately resign him on overs and we get someone like Paulo or Papali? I would definitely take Mahoney at 700k than Smith at 900k+.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If true, surely Parra don’t release early though. This next year is the last of there window, or best chance of there window.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
More then happy to see the back of Stimson and if we had to lose rfm for Mahoney ? So be it.

Jmk can go to. Minimum depth in and we fine.

When jacko Goes reinvest the $ in the back row and we are pretty well stacked.

Let’s not forget hetho has an option both ways too.

Dwz if he’s really on the books still here’s $

Throw in I don’t for a second believe we have spent Elliot’s 500k. On Asiata who might not get vaccinated? Ok

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Could be ploy for us to make Parra desperately resign him on overs and we get someone like Paulo or Papali? I would definitely take Mahoney at 700k than Smith at 900k+.
Maybe. But I think our interest in Mahoney is genuine which is probably why Gus has shot down rumours about Smith.

We need Mahoney more than the others. One thing is for sure, Parra won't be able to re-sign all of them as Gutherson, Mahoney, Paulo and Papali'i are all off contract and will all get big offers.. It's bad management from Parra to have them all off contract at the same time. Hopefully we can benefit from their mismanagement the way other clubs have benefited from ours for the past several years...

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Maybe. But I think our interest in Mahoney is genuine which is probably why Gus has shot down rumours about Smith.

We need Mahoney more than the others. One thing is for sure, Parra won't be able to re-sign all of them as Gutherson, Mahoney, Paulo and Papali'i are all off contract and will all get big offers.. It's bad management from Parra to have them all off contract at the same time. Hopefully we can benefit from their mismanagement the way other clubs have benefited from ours for the past several years...
While I agree I hope we do manage to land him or Paulo ffs (love watching him)

To be fair though don’t think anyone saw papali doing what he did. Nor Mahoney being so good .